Alcatel Idol X

Alcatel Idol X

• Omer

> In reply to hypher blue @ 2014-09-19 14:14 from 3CbR - click to readSorry, can't remember the details. I googled all that stuff back then. There's tutorials on how to use flashtool.

• 2014-09-20 15:58
  • hypher blue

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-03-30 22:17 from 3KaE - click to readThe same what will heppen to my idol 2 the boot logo is on and off, how can you manage that problem please help me

• 2014-09-19 14:14
  • 3CbR
  • qu4k3r

> In reply to qu4k3r @ 2014-09-13 04:06 from 4rpX - click to readOne thing I noticed from the 03001 update is the top left corner of the phone does not get hot any more when watching a few hours of video or streaming from youtube.

• 2014-09-18 21:35
  • NCvV
  • Mighty Dominator

> In reply to superstream @ 2014-09-10 01:18 from BNyJ - click to readI also have the same problem. Sometimes it is very frequent, then it does not come up for weeks. Anyway, it's unacceptable. I even sent the phone back to the service and they replied that it has no problems and works fine. It is nice to hear that letting the battery to become empty helps for you. However it would be great if we could reproduce the problem to show to the service. If anyone finds out how to do it, please let me know!

• 2014-09-18 11:58
  • Ede$
  • qu4k3r

> In reply to hamaki @ 2014-09-16 21:40 from rk6Z - click to readNo you do not need a screen protector. The Dragontrail glass with oleophobic coating is very good. I carry it in my jeans pocket every day and there's never a scratch on it.

• 2014-09-17 18:42
  • NCvV
  • Bugoy

I'm from the Philippines, I have sent inquiry to Alcatel global site, asking them if there is a possibility of Kitkat upgrade, they replied it is still on going development, I think there is no hope of an upgrade due to its weak mediatek processor MTK6589!, please Alcatel make it happen, this is one of your flagship phone! And please fix some of the bugs on the phone like Battery drain percentage is unreliable, very slow display on inputing pattern/number password, dark pictures when press screen for camera to focus, make it a little bit faster not controlling the processor temperature limited only to 39 degree celcius thereby limiting clock speed, make it until 45 or 50 for which the processor can still perform well! Or if this unit cannot be ugraded, give us option for those still on warranty to swap it to your new model idol x+, adding only a few bucks, paying and picking it up to your official service centers here in the Philippines!

• 2014-09-17 14:16
  • P%uR
  • hamaki

Did the display need screen protecto?

• 2014-09-16 21:42
  • rk6Z
  • hamaki

Did the screen need screen protector??

• 2014-09-16 21:40
  • rk6Z
  • Trace

Have this phone for 5 months non.works perfectly till recently tu second slot stops working. Don't know what to do.

• 2014-09-16 14:58
  • N9{R
  • Markoleti

> In reply to mazmaz @ 2014-09-14 19:16 from N3Cu - click to readMe to. I buy thia phone last December and still no update. Same version of software... Nothing for 9 months!

• 2014-09-15 10:41
  • 8ky{
  • mazmaz

almost a year passed and still the same version of android -4.2.2- and no 4.4 kitkat update yet ------- i hate alcatel

• 2014-09-14 19:16
  • N3Cu
  • Omer

> In reply to qu4k3r @ 2014-09-13 04:06 from 4rpX - click to readAight. What country you in?

• 2014-09-13 11:52
  • qu4k3r

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-08-17 22:03 from j9y0 - click to readI just did my update now and it took approximately 15 minutes from beginning to end. It seems to be working alright but I can't find anything on what it improves like a version FAQ. 02001 was working good and this one is supposed to improve the user's experience - this is from the little explanation that popped up on the screen during the update.

• 2014-09-13 04:06
  • 4rpX
  • qu4k3r

This phone has a real nice screen.

Installing update 03001 right now. Seems to be going good so far. I'll update once it is finished.

• 2014-09-13 03:45
  • 4rpX
  • Elhemasy

Perfect....

• 2014-09-12 23:46
  • 3nL1

I am really happy with my phone, but the GPS only works on Wifi.. it doesn't work on 3G. any ideas y?

• 2014-09-12 19:50
  • rssM
  • Omer

> In reply to Liss @ 2014-09-11 17:01 from EFTw - click to readA bit exaggerated (esp. the battery-remark), but it's not a bad phone.

• 2014-09-12 12:09
  • Liss

I have used an iPhone for 5 years now, and decided to switch to android with a Samsung Galaxy S3. BIG mistake...after only 3 weeks I was ready to toss that phone in the garbage. Pan in Alcatel IdolX...I've never been more impressed with a phone! The speed is unparalleled, the battery life is absolutely fantastic, the screen resolution is amazing and the camera takes the most perfect photographs. On top of all of this, the Alcatel cost me $0 up front since its a relatively "unknown" brand. Step aside, Samsung, HTC and iPhone...as soon as Alcatel gets its name out there, I am sure it will become a flagship brand. 11/10. 6 stars. 150%. Golf claps.

• 2014-09-11 17:01
  • EFTw
  • superstream

> In reply to eddydas @ 2014-08-13 08:54 from pkNj - click to readSame problem here..i tried to reset with Alcatel Mobile Upgrade without success :(

• 2014-09-10 01:18