Alcatel Idol X

Alcatel Idol X

• Harry

Better have an amazing 320ppi than an average 440ppi. I had an htc desire HD, an Acatel Idol X and an LG G2. LG and HTC are great phones but HTC even so quite old now is still a great phone. The build quality is amazing the screen is amazing ... I would highly recommend to buy htc. They know how to make phones. LG is great value for money. They do everything well but nothing amazing. Alcatel can't be compared to these brands especially when you install kitkat upgrade and it destroys your chinese motherboard. Pass your way. You won't regret. Buy a one year old LG instead you won't be disappointed. HTC always keep a high price tag but for good reasons.

• 2015-05-24 06:30
  • TCw3
  • Ikac

> In reply to Harry @ 2015-05-19 18:17 from TCw3 - click to readIdol X screen is awesome! Althouth battery could last longer

• 2015-05-19 19:43
  • JKP5
  • Harry

• 2015-05-19 18:17
  • TCw3
  • Arifeen

hellow guys I am from bangladesh, I wanted to buy this alcatel one touch idol X which is 14990/= BDT (nearly 180$). so I wanted to know about the camera+battery backup and display quality and build quality of this phone... Jelly bean/kitkat isn't a major concern for me cause I allready own 2 lollipop device one hTC and another nexus 7. so I wanted to buy this device as my secondary phone but I am so much concern about build quality and battery backup.plz lettme know about the device's battery backup with data/wifi/gps on (as I don't turn it off in any of my device) will it be a value for money? I am really scared of it's 2000 mAH battery but fell in love with it's 441 ppi display where my 29600 BDT htc 816 has 320 ppi only

• 2015-05-16 18:31
  • X}xi
  • Matt Wantuck

I have the idol x 6040A and I haven't had a single issue with it. Battery life huge, crisp display, phenomenal speed etc. Still using it and it out performs every single phone I've put it up against in terms of offline software processing.

I will say that the Alcatel software itself sucks so i recommend installing a third party launcher for better performance. Try Go Launcher for increased speed and crazy customization.

Haters gone hate!!

• 2015-05-04 22:43
  • 45Wd
  • lennon

> In reply to dexter1882 @ 2015-03-06 07:40 from IVIZ - click to read Same problem I face it. My data all can't missing.

• 2015-04-24 18:56
  • uCmD
  • siq7

My phone wont turn on. I plugged it into the computer and the computer just said alcatel single RNDIS interface #3, not alcatel one touch idol x 6040D like it did before all this happened. I unplugged the battery overnight but that didn't work either. I don't know what to do. Anybody can solve this probem?

• 2015-04-21 18:37
  • Rxbv
  • Oieng

I want to update OT-6040D to os 4.4.x or 5.0

• 2015-04-20 15:20
  • fD7N
  • zorgzorg

> In reply to dexter1882 @ 2015-03-06 07:40 from IVIZ - click to readHi Dexter1882,
I had exactly the same problem with my alcatel idolX. Worked perfectly well until I decide to do the upgrade to 4.4.2 which actullay never worked and left the phone totally hectic and in android 4.3 version. Anyway.
I wanted to know what the repair center told you and how much it has cost you. My phone is obviously out of warrantee as I bought it in December 2013 and it just crash yesterday.
Also I was thinking to find a class action as many people seeem to have the same problem.
Thanks for any little feedback you could give.

• 2015-04-05 18:22
  • TRRg
  • KNOX

wow am a fun of the alcatel one touch idol family, i am currently using the alcatel one touch 6037y nice phone, fast works like a bomb. wonder how the 6040d works....hhhmmmm.........nice guys nice work...

• 2015-03-23 20:16
  • rvxF
  • sprocketgearzz

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-24 05:41 from m86k - click to readI can't take risk , its too dangerous , may lose the phone

• 2015-03-07 06:33
  • Nkp2
  • sprocketgearzz

I'm from Egypt working on 4.2.2 build 01005
still waiting kitkat any news ?

• 2015-03-07 06:31
  • Nkp2
  • JR

I have one Alacatel Idol X since 8 months, It was used by my dagther for personal use. It works fine two or three months, 4.2 Jelly Bean android. After that, begins to rise temperature, then camera autofous doesnt work anymore, sometimes it seems to be crazy with the display. Conclusion: it is a real shit, dont buy it.

• 2015-03-07 01:08
  • LIW}
  • dexter1882

Have been using the Idol X since Sep-2013 without major problems. After the 4.4 KitKat update in Nov-2014, the phone was getting a bit unpredictable, many times reboot without obvious reasons. In Feb-2015, finally the phone shutdown by itself and not able to reboot anymore. Sent the phone for service 2 weeks ago, seems to be motherboard failure. The Idol X is a very high specs phone at mid range price, but I am not sure about its reliability (after repaired)....

• 2015-03-06 07:40
  • IVIZ
  • BESX

My experience:
Specs: ok
Performance: ok
Hangs: yes
Software stability: shit

I bought this phone for my fiancee from 5 months, 2 weeks ago it stopped working and I returned it back to the service center to fix it, after fixing, it worked slower and finally stopped working again, so I returned it back again to the service center, 1 day later they called me and asked to replace it with any other Alcatel or Sony mobile and pay the money difference.

so my advice: DON'T BUY THIS SHIT

• 2015-03-06 03:54
  • Nkmu
  • TheZodiac

No. Dont buy this phone. I bought it, my friend bought it, my neighbour, my uncle also bought it. We all have problems with it. Game performances are poor. Battery is poor. But screen and camera are AMAZING! That is the only thingh thats good about this phone. Design is also great.

• 2015-03-05 14:13
  • 0C$K

I am looking to buy one im geting it for a cheap price do you recomend it

• 2015-03-03 22:40
  • jdgw
  • Gaurav

using this ph for 6 months...replaced one instrument and new one also showing signs of trouble...and at last its completely dead now....donot buy alcatel at all guys...

• 2015-03-03 18:40
  • u7JQ

> In reply to hamaki @ 2014-12-22 13:04 from NksM - click to readI am from jordan.. And daaaam... Still waitttting... Kitkat. Any happy news???

• 2015-02-25 22:04
  • 3iSr
  • nic

On my second one now. .....very crappy phone not pleased with this at all won't even turn on now.

• 2015-02-20 01:20