BlackBerry Q5

go for bold 9790

• 2014-04-23 08:06
  • K8Tv
  • deep

give me 1 advice which 1 is perfect bold 9790 or q5 ?????

• 2014-04-22 21:23
  • uuBu
  • vvs

> In reply to Kiran K @ 2014-04-20 22:35 from tE$d - click to readearliar bb devices are awesome

• 2014-04-22 15:38
  • w43M
  • Anomynous

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-21 17:42 from kxEp - click to readI believe he really owned one but he never gave it a fair chance, for example he claim that he have to go back to the thread to read the next email, thats not true, i guess he didnt spend enough time with it to see the new ways of doing things.

• 2014-04-22 06:21
  • Kg$5

> In reply to Kiran K @ 2014-04-20 22:35 from tE$d - click to readI have this phone and he's awesome seriously so please, stop bashing him, I'm sure that you've Never tried one!

• 2014-04-21 17:42
  • kxEp
  • Kiran K

> In reply to Anomynous @ 2014-04-19 08:54 from Kg{K - click to readHello Bro.
My review was on bases of actual usage and not about people who compromised with it.
Me a user of Samsung Note II and Blackberry Bold, and upgrade to Q5 was due my bold stop working.
Now I hope that you may have understand that all your points were meaningless, coz I have got bored and frustrated with only have a touch option on phone.
Bold was much more better phone then Q5.
And i m sure that many BB users will agree with me.

• 2014-04-20 22:37
  • tE$d

hello all,

please think 100 times before buying this Phone if you are already a BB user.

• 2014-04-20 22:35
  • tE$d
  • syed

> In reply to kkk @ 2014-04-19 16:43 from fuNc - click to readThis is becoz of sim cutting problem. While u cut ur normal size sim to micro-sim, it might be damaged. U can go to the network provider office and submit your id proof and replace a new micro-sim with existing number.

• 2014-04-20 10:59
  • rK8@
  • kkk

> In reply to zack @ 2014-04-04 06:39 from 25I1 - click to readPls what can I do, my BlackBerry Q5 is writing sim not detected. I will have to off liv it for sometime before I can on it again or after several restart. Help me

• 2014-04-19 16:43
  • fuNc
  • Anomynous

> In reply to KK99226 @ 2014-04-18 19:15 from K8Tv - click to readNo no no... This is so wrong. All you do is looking for the old ways of doing things and not trying to use things the new way.

Why do you need naviwheel on a touchscreen phone for example? There is an onscreen naviwheel popping up when you longpress text!!!

Why do you need a back button when the OS is made to work without one? In the cases where there is no onscreen back button in the lower left there is a cancel button on top.

And about emails, LoL you are hallucinating, you can go to the next or previous email by using the onscreen arrow buttons that auto-hide after 2-3 seconds. Once again, you have a touchscreen but refuse to look for solutions on the screen.

No wonder you had problems with that phone, its as they used to say about people who had too much problems with their PC, "the problem is located between the chair and the keyboard"

I bet you didnt bother to learn keyboard shortcuts as well. Your post was funny though, how can people get so blinded by the old ways that they get stuck with the user friendliness of BB10 OS? I have to wonder if you still drive a horse carriage because cars cannot be operated the same way as horses. You are DEFINITELY some kind of "cellphone Amish" who swear to the old ways.

• 2014-04-19 08:54
  • Kg{K
  • KK99226

Hello all,

I bought Q5 on 8th April 2014 and have to return it back to Amazon on 18th April 2014, coz they don't have replacement policy, they can only refund it.
So I have no option other than to get refund and it is better for me also.

Ok now let go to the mobile review.
a) No need of BIS plans to run BBM and mails etc… normal 2G plan will do all for you as other mobile do. +1

b) Touch screen is good like other phones. +1

c) Good typing experiences, good keyboard. +1

d) Was able to watch almost all type of video files. +1

e) Good speaker for hands free call and music +1

f) No back key, now it is replaced with new touch feature. I really miss the back key, coz it helps a lot with every action you do on phone (old blackberry users will miss a lot) -1

g) Phone buttons are missing, call key and call drop key which helps BB users to action it fast, touch option is there but is good to have a key. -1

h) Can’t edit anything properly coz of the missing tracker key, due to which I missed the old way or reading mails, web browser, chats etc… like we use to do, scrolling up-down, left-right. -2

i) WhatsApp is not integrated with BB and I again miss my old BB phone. WhatsApp message by using phone contacts is not there, forwarding WhatsApp message to other WhatsApp user or group is missing, using WhatsApp in this phone is really a big pain. -2

j) Old BB users will miss the email feathers like reading the next email, replying to mail etc… we have to go back to read the next email in Q5. -2

k) Last and final the Camera, which 5Mp and it won’t work and give an error “The camera can't be started” just after two days of purchasing. Done everything with the phone to make the camera work, like reset, format phone, format SD card, drained battery to get it switched off and whatever solution I can find it on the net, but the result was same with an error “The camera can't be started”. Last option was to take it service centre to know what can be done. Reply was surprising, they would keep it with them to check if it is a software or hardware and if it’s a hardware issue then need to replace it, but this can only be happen from the store where I have bought/buy it i.e. Amazon.in. -5 (Service centre)

l) So finely I don’t like the Q5 phone, rest is up to you people.

Thanks you.

• 2014-04-18 19:15
  • K8Tv
  • shahzad jamil

Dont buy because the sim card slot is very delicate n breaks n the worst part is that it is non reparable n u blackberry service charges u rs 16000 for replacement. The worst experience ever had.

• 2014-04-17 20:41
  • uwkZ
  • moshojim

dont knw knw wats wrong wit d camera its not coming on anytym i try to start d camera it will write camera cant b started

• 2014-04-17 13:52
  • fmvN
  • RAVISAGAR.S

Can We INSTALL WhaTSApp? ... Frenz.. pls reply...

• 2014-04-16 17:35
  • vGFn
  • Malaysian Guy

this is my 2nd BB. like the keypad, very responsive. the screen is good. pictures look good. camera so-so. overall, i enjoy using the phone.

• 2014-04-16 03:43
  • Iaar
  • Malaysian Guy

nice phone had it for 4 months now never hangs keypad marvelous touchscreen works well

• 2014-04-15 02:56
  • Iaar
  • emmie

Can U̶̲̥̅&#7­78; start up the q5 without a wifi? Any trick? I just got it and its askin for wifi connection

• 2014-04-14 20:47
  • 3sEw
  • Love Sick

Is the BBM6 on the Q5 for free or do u use data on bbm6

• 2014-04-14 09:24
  • 3sEj
  • Rolzarn

> In reply to kay...kay @ 2014-04-02 13:48 from Nnt7 - click to readyou dont need a BIS for the new version of BlackBerry OS 10.. you can use ordinary plan program...

• 2014-04-13 12:38