Jolla Jolla

Jolla Jolla

• josip258

> In reply to Abhilash @ 2014-12-12 17:31 from rKya - click to readUpdate to Sailfist OS 1.0.8.21 (Tahkalampi)
Yes, it is possible to transfer contacts from google+ to this phone. I had before the Motorola RAZR XT910.
Phone works from google+.

• 2014-12-21 13:33
  • LfvV

new update today.great work.
1.1.1.26 Vaarainjärvi

• 2014-12-18 17:26
  • gxJ{

new update today.great work.
1.1.1.26 Vaarainjärvi

• 2014-12-18 17:25
  • gxJ{
  • Abhilash

Hi, I'm playing clash of clans in my moto G and saved it in google+. So, when I buy a Jolla device, can I transfer the same account in moto to this device ??

• 2014-12-12 17:31
  • rKya
  • Krhistian Lee

Hi! I`m Brazilian and I would like to buy it in total black colour. How could I be buying it from this shop story? My e-mail is krhyst@ibest.com.br

• 2014-12-12 02:08
  • JXSF

> In reply to jithu @ 2014-12-04 14:50 from uwNU - click to read@jithuchavady@gmail.com - can you please direct me to install jolla on my n9?
Hey jithuchavady, ask the same question at Twitter "JollaHQ" or see&ask forum "maemo.org" or see Wikipedia.

• 2014-12-10 05:39
  • dZ}v
  • jollauser

I think it is worth to see specification and details of Jolla Tablet http://igg.me/at/jolla-tablet/x/9341985 to find out what are advantages. And eventually use discount which is to be closed in less then 20hours. In my case this is true multitasking and safety of my data including contacts and professional data, as loosing them can lead me to trouble or can feed my direct competitors if they would get them. Jolla provide me both advantages. As Wikipedia says:
Jolla Tablet's Sailfish OS can run its own native apps and Android apps, downloaded via the Jolla Store or any other Android app marketplaces. A widely understood Linux software can be used (in both console/terminal or graphic mode, either as compatible binaries or compiled with actual The Sailfish OS SDK), the OS use RPM Package Manager[6] by default.
This is important for all admins. The Sailfish OS as a full Linux gives ability to supervise remotely any services or servers. There are plenty Lion inux or Android tools. Jolla Tablet CPU is Intel so x86. Note that Jolla does not break sessions like others, so having a connection allow to stay connected several hours undisturbed. And here comes true multitasking (after Wikipedia):
Live Multitasking on Linux MeeGo Sailfish OS allows different apps to run simultaneously, parallelly in the same time, and independently. Among other advantages multitasking allows to switch between any running software (also Android to Sailfish and vice versa) in the fly. User can see all running apps in one single multitasking view, from which can directly control running and minimised apps like e.g.: to change music track or to play and pause video stream, without opening the app in full or to call/answer/take a picture without breaking, all of those mentioned above, players activities. This way of interaction is impossible with other mobile OSes which freeze apps temporally in a background without access, in contrary to true multitasking.
That means that when I have opened a session to correct or maintain a server I can leave it, and eg. make a call to sb or pick up a call from an senior staff to instruct me what to do,and session still will be active, not any frozen etc.. that is really important, as otherwise I would have to log in again from the beginning. Jolla allow me not to go through all this every 15minutes. I can do my job faster and I am more moveable, as I can take Jolla with me anywhere and alarms will let me know if anything would require my attention or intervention. This is really advantage. As I assume Linux tools to be way better, Jolla Tablet due to Intel CPU is x86, and Linux Sailfish OS gives me advantage of using terminal/console mode what is more convenient for me - all that makes me to think I will have a dream machine for my purposes.

Also I will have with Jolla Tablet possibility to launch all kinds of: Sailfish native soft + Linux huuuuge library of soft + Android apps + eventually some MeeGo software also. That give me more software possible then any Android device have..... And all this for that price?? For me this is a game-changer.

• 2014-12-09 16:05
  • dZWV
  • jithu

> In reply to M @ 2014-10-16 11:36 from T3$A - click to readcan you please direct me to install jolla on my n9?

jithuchavady@gmail.com

• 2014-12-04 14:50
  • uwNU
  • grim47

the most featured thing about jolla is its multitasking power to have so many apps running without a lag. it is truest form of multitasking i've seen after symbian an meego.....

i can play a video in the background and its still runnin on the cover.. all its intuitiveness makes it soo rather unique than anu other mobile operating system...

• 2014-12-01 10:56
  • ut1Y
  • Aniki

> In reply to megatronforever @ 2014-11-26 12:55 from 7t5E - click to readThere is no inforation about a new device, but Jolla Tablet. But for sure they are working on something new, like a new Jolla.

• 2014-11-26 21:51
  • dZVV
  • megatronforever

Friends is any new device coming from jolla mobiles...??? Except tablet

• 2014-11-26 12:55
  • 7t5E
  • Ganpat

> In reply to unimpressed @ 2014-11-13 17:59 from stP@ - click to readI disagree with your comments. First of all, google play works flawlessly in my jolla. Never once I have seen the message "Google play stopped working"...I guess you must have done a corrupt installation for the phone to behave it this way... Secondly wifi works perfectly, not once I had wifi connectivity issues. Third, camera is 8 MP and not 8 MB...hope that's a typo from your end....picture quality is good and the camera UI itself is great... I have installed some 50 apps from google playstore and it works brilliantly without any issues...infact I installed Real racing 3 and it works really smooth..... The only negative point I have is the screen quality is not that great in sunlight...Apart from that its a brilliant phone!!

• 2014-11-24 11:42

2420mAh battery

• 2014-11-23 10:19
  • XMpU
  • mas39

Sorry put my tablet opinion in the wrong place just realised.

• 2014-11-22 09:45
  • MJSt
  • mas39

Unless you can use a tablet as a phone, it becomes quite usless, having 2 devices just doesn't make sense. Should have had alot more powerful specs as well.

• 2014-11-22 09:41
  • MJSt
  • adil

> In reply to unimpressed @ 2014-11-13 17:59 from stP@ - click to readIf Jolla haven't android apps support than obvious its a worst phone..

• 2014-11-21 08:30
  • KFNL

> In reply to TheManhatten @ 2014-11-19 21:56 from J8MW - click to readYes, he said the truth

• 2014-11-20 15:17
  • X0x9
  • TheManhatten

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-19 17:58 from xuvn - click to readoh come on -_- source?

• 2014-11-19 21:56
  • J8MW

> In reply to SamD @ 2014-11-18 16:52 from KxDs - click to readIt's not the company Nokia that makes the N1. Foxconn just paid them to use their brand.

• 2014-11-19 17:58