Lenovo P780

Lenovo P780

• Mrkoool

Listen guys,,, am a lover of my lenny p780 and i always wanted to upgrade it to Kitkat. After reading lots and lots of negative feedback i din't upgraded it. But Last week I dared to upgrade it, i took out the sim and memory card as there were no imp except whatsapp and some other miscellaneous junk. I upgraded from jellybean to Kitkat s228,, and then i master reset it, and inserted my sim and sd card,,, have done some half dozen restarts,,, this update is really working for me. Every thing is so fine that all these days i was misguided by negative reviews. now am on 4.4.2 kitkat. and use Nova Launcher. Battery lasts for 1 and a half day no matter how i use it. and camera takes good pics compared to JB, but issues with a bit of slight heating other than that no issues. Later on updates might solve this. Batter would last for two complete days in JB now lasts for a one and half day. Many many good features are added i just love it and changed my mind of replacing it and buy Samsung A7. few cons like Front facing camera which is worse not for selfies but for only video calling, very very slight heating near the ear piece, and battery backup decreased a bit, Hope in next update these all things would be solved .thanks to the Lenovo team. Do not believe in negative reviews. Mine is 8gb version. Indian Row.

• 2015-03-26 18:49
  • ut2a

Hi friend,my name is Love Zambre I'm lenovo user my leonov p780 is redculas phone.it have many problems like netwot, chargeing issues, hang.i was purchased this phone last 5month ago. I am very disappointed for this phone . customer care is not responding me properly.last month customers care told me we are changing motherboard(23/02/2015.submit date).He taking 1 month and todtoday (25/03/2015) my phone is not display me anything. I was go to authorities customer care(fourtech computer,pune) care he told me we can changed again motherboard. Its very fuking of.
My suggestions is to my all unknown friends don't purchase this phone.
Thanku you
lovezambre@yahoo.com

• 2015-03-25 18:49
  • rAU2
  • DeusEx

Seems most of the problem stems from what country you're in. Hardware that is? Seems India gets most of the bad batch of lenovo phones. Already had 4 lenovos and so far (knock on wood), I've had no problems coming from a factory defect. Although customer service sucks! When you email them, you only get an automated response. Beyond that...NOTHING. As if they've fallen off the face of the planet or something. Tried contacting them via G+, Twitter and Facebook aside from emailing them a few times but no response. It's as if all your communiqué is being routed to the spam folder and automatically deleted.

Anyway, customer service aside, lenovo hardware seems to b slow to "getting there". They seem to be sticking to the low to mid end segment of the market. No follow up on the p-series. No consistency on flagship models. And lenovo seems deftly afraid of using 1080p on their midrange devices even though it should have one. Compare those to other models.

I guess what I'm saying, this would be my last lenovo mobile (after k900 then s930 and a536). After sales service, comparatively low specs for the price and other brands, software (although they've improve significantly after KitKat) and hardware limitations. Seems lenovo should stick to making PC's and tablets instead of mobiles where they truly excel.

Just my thoughts.

• 2015-03-23 08:18
  • 7XrH
  • DeusEx

the front camera shoots 1 megapixel pictures and takes VGA videos.

• 2015-03-22 18:09
  • 7Xr4
  • DeusEx

Are you sure that the p780 can support 64GB microSD cards? I really want to upgrade from 32GB. What ROM are you using? I'm using s226.

• 2015-03-21 13:38
  • 7Xr4

was got when I got it camers now totaaly slow and lagging phone even with Nova launcher. The processor dont have power

• 2015-03-21 10:04
  • p7aG
  • HappyUSer (Singapore

Just bought the phone online:
With Singapore's telecom coverage, I do not have any issues with 3g network.

Review
1 - Phone was lagging, too many bloat wares installed. Example 4 Browsers, Dolphin, Opera, Chrome, Baidu.
Solution: Root + uninstall all bloat wares, install NOVA Launcher instead of using the LenovoLauncher.

2 - Install Greenify, Hibernate all other apps with I dont normally use.

End result :
A very smooth phone with no problems at all.

• 2015-03-20 04:47
  • 2Irh
  • B S C

Hi, I am using this phone since Jan 2014. In My immediate group 4 others are using this handset (1 4gb + 3 8gb + mine 8gb). Only the 4 gb handset performs slow now, otherwise all of us are extremely happy. All phones are on s228 rom. We all swear by this smartphone, as it gives all basic features and apps(office, doc and card scanner) that are actually useable in real life. It has a stellar battery back up. So u can use these features day in and day out, charge ur friends mobile and still have some juice left. Slim and elegant looking. Build quality is also gr8 as all handsets have been dropped quite a few times and have survived. One with broken screen set us back by Rs. 3200(not Lenovo service centre) which I guess is OK. No signal problems as compared with other brand handsets. Camera, screen resolution are decent and so is the sound from the speakerphone(ring and music). All in all P780 is (was, when it was launched) an excellent choice for the price(I bought mine for 17900).

I also have experienced pure vanilla 4.4.2 KitKat on Moto e and Moto g2, which IMO is a lot faster than a launcher loaded onto the OS as is the case with Lenovo.

• 2015-03-19 16:45
  • 95YA
  • assscz

Really great phone, have been using it for 2 years.

Best battery ever. Using phone daily as navigation which can last 8-9 hours without charging.

- cons = rom memory could be larger.

• 2015-03-19 09:29
  • SeWU
  • Sarvesh M.C

> In reply to Mrkoool @ 2015-03-17 18:40 from ut2X - click to readSss, I have done it and now everything works good except battery it lasts one day, no restart, no lag, no signal drop.....

• 2015-03-18 08:08
  • uvur
  • Mrkoool

> In reply to Sarvesh M.C @ 2015-02-27 16:28 from uvmD - click to readis everything ok after upgrading to s228 and formatting the phone, is the performance better like Jelly Bean os.? pls reply thanks in adv.

• 2015-03-17 18:40
  • ut2X

Hi friends,, i am using this phone since last 1 and half year ,, there is no such issue as u r discussing , if u upgrade this to kIT KAT then the problem start.. so my dear user get it back to jeally bean,, because it is up-gradable only by software, but its hardware not configured with KITKAT thats why we are facing such problem... company make software first then they design hardware accordingly...

• 2015-03-17 13:33
  • utty
  • nee

> In reply to vicky @ 2015-03-11 01:07 from XuZ{ - click to readHi i would like to know where you stay as i have filled case against lenovo and i want everyone to fill case against them .Its their fault that their PCB is not suitable to climate they are making as to pay and i want such companies to be banned in india

• 2015-03-15 07:51
  • sSKk
  • nee

Lenovo is trying to fool indian customers.The PCB is not suitable for India's climate not only that ,they don't even provide replacement even after knowing this fact.They are just trying to cheat customers.Before buying lenovo handset i would recommended you to go and sit in their gallery where u will find all PCB fault and other brands are good than this

• 2015-03-15 07:48
  • sSKB

This phone comes with "Jelly Bean" pre-installed on it. "DO NOT" update this phone's software to Kitkat. After updating to Kitkat this phone would give various problems.
Eg :- It would lose network very often, Internet (Mobile data connection) issue, Freezing, Auto restart etc..
It would give all possible problems after updating to Kitkat

• 2015-03-14 17:06
  • XNtq
  • chips

> In reply to annonimousssssss @ 2015-02-16 07:39 from wrvk - click to readsame with mine....till now i have to use 2nd phone to receive/make call. my p780 just connect wifi to use data. please help...loosing reception right after upgrade to s228.

• 2015-03-13 00:54
  • TSRi
  • ron

i bought phone . very bad experience ... it lags no memory full yet sill lags . battery life over gets very quickly . i not suggest this phone to anyone.

• 2015-03-12 08:08
  • XNxm
  • vicky

the lenova p780 mobile very bad
i bought this phone for battery the battery is ok good but i faced network issue he put any sim no signal
my friends have 10 mobile lenova p780 we faced same network issue in 5 mobiles and some phones over heat problem very disappointment with lenova
in lenova service center they said you should change the mother board on oncost only
too bad experience lenova

• 2015-03-11 01:07
  • XuZ{
  • Kik

The battery life is long enough to last 2.5 days but the 1GB Ram is not enough. It will lags eventhough you are running in home screen

• 2015-03-11 00:29
  • ibh@
  • ebuTQ

I have problem with this phone. Never rings when sms come. Does anyone else has same problem? Other staf are great

• 2015-03-08 16:36