LG Optimus L9 P769

LG Optimus L9 P769

• sundeep reddy

i purchased unlock code for metropcs network, when i dial 2945#*769# igot a hidden showing, options in following order
1.network lock
2. service provider lock
3. network subset lock
4. corporate lock
5. sim/usim lock
they asked me to enter code in option 1

but it is showing phone is not personalized

some body help pls

• 2014-07-26 15:23
  • rxi7

This Phone Has Low Memory And Low Volume. I'm Going Back To My Galaxy.

• 2014-07-19 05:59
  • Ibx1
  • Steventechno

It's a decent Mid Range phone, but with entry-level performance. The crippled OS that LG thought it'd be cool to force us to use hogs WAY to much RAM, causing this phone to run slow at best. I'd imagine just how smooth this thing could run if LG weren't such $*%#s about it and let us customize what we spent our hard earned money on. Let's go over the Pros n Cons.

Pros:
-The design is nicely centered and looks nice
-Decent Specs, Runs Minecraft PE 0.9 infinite well
-Gaming performance is decent (Whatever you can add into that tiny space of course)
-Decent physical size, is thin
-Pretty good video camera
-Decent pictures, though could use more saturation
-Physical home button is nice
-Front facing cameras for selfies and etc.

Cons
-LGsystemUI sucks. There's absolutely no need for it. it's essentialy a bloated version of stock with more cons than benefits than it's worth. Just having NOTHING running except just the basics, 678MB of RAM is USED UP! leaving BARELY ANYTHING LEFT FOR THE USER. (a stock CM ROM would barely take up 256 tops) Making this thing run SLOW all the time..... It's like I'm using a $50 Net10 phone.. The system UI is THAT laggy...

-EMULATED INTERNAL STORAGE?! The thing i HATE most about this phone, the internal storage is actually bound to the Android File system, which can cause potential problems..... One being running out of space just like that because TOO many programs and games use internal storage as default, which most cases cannot be switched. This causes problems, and cripples your experience way too much, leading to the very common and infamous "Insufficient Storage Available" message.

The worst of it all...

-LOCKED BOOTLOADER. This means that it's WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. this means NO! you cannot use CM, AOKP, PARANOID, PACMAN or ANY CUSTOM FIRMWARE. You're stuck with version 4.1.x and that's all you'll ever get. While there are some people who managed to unlock it, the trouble is WAY more than it's worth, as more and more users report failures and are stuck with a semi-bricked device. If you are someone who likes to use custom ROMS and etc, and are/were contemplating on getting this, Get something else.... Do some research and make a better choice. You'll thank me in the long run.. and if you JUST bought it, you should return it and just do research on other similarily priced phones. You'll likely find something that may be faster, and also a bootloader that isn't impossible
to unlock.

To round it up, It's yet another phone that's great for the basic user(i.e. never change launchers, play games, or many apps.) but if you're like me, and of course want an at least somewhat snappy experience, then LOOK ELSEWHERE. My next phone will NOT have a locked bootloader.... because I'll make SURE of it.

• 2014-07-14 00:25
  • qLKs
  • lanavymom@gmail.com

> In reply to Chavez @ 2014-06-19 06:30 from q3J7 - click to readHow do I transfer apps or data, etc to my microSD card. internal storage isn't working out. Not enough memory either. I am very disappointed. For the amount I paid for this phone (full price) when it first came out, I shouldn't have these problems and limitations. I purchased a new phone at full price, and it was quite expensive. Help! Can the microSD card be used for storage or can it be used at all??? If not, I wasted a ton of money ey buying your product. I should be compensated.

• 2014-06-28 02:09
  • 4h4v

how can i see my old massage

• 2014-06-23 10:11
  • 8bIy
  • Chavez

> In reply to Rooted Superuser.... @ 2014-01-01 18:09 from RnAM - click to readWhat a $&@#!,he said he couldn't move apps to SD card and yet you still tell him to buy one. Duh

• 2014-06-19 06:30
  • q3J7
  • not an Android-lover

This is a good phone but have two things I hate: 1- low memory and 2- front-facing camera sucks. 😕 And oh, it has 4.1.2 jellybean, not gingerbread.

• 2014-06-17 03:53
  • RbXY
  • arnob

how can i turn of speak ?

• 2014-05-21 18:42
  • uNVD
  • zasdroll

Hello please tell why my phne lg l9 does'nt want to unlock....and it gives me de message of'NO SERVICES'

• 2014-04-30 14:32
  • Nv3j
  • MoFo

> In reply to MoFo @ 2014-04-16 02:31 from j8wI - click to read*locked bootloaders. Sorry.

• 2014-04-16 02:35
  • MoFo

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-09 10:40 from jyCw - click to readA dev over at xda, kuma82, made a custom rom for unlocked bootloaders. He managed to make it so that you can install apps to sd. There is a catch....you can't unmount to correctly remove the card. So that means you risk data corruption if you remove without unmounting. Your choice. I tried it and switched back to stock after my photos got messed up.

• 2014-04-16 02:31
  • j8wI

> In reply to chiobak @ 2013-05-05 07:30 from t7Uv - click to readCorrect why is sd slot even made? Featured

• 2014-04-09 10:40
  • jyCw
  • MoFo

> In reply to MoFo @ 2014-04-05 03:02 from j8wI - click to readBy the way, guys. Just to let you know, not only did my authentication error go away, the audio got a significant boost. I was just watching a movie using MXPlayer and the people in the other room heard everything! Mind you...I work in a call center so there you have it!

• 2014-04-07 01:23
  • MoFo

Ugh...to make things worse, not only has LG stopped updates at 4.1.2, now the T-Mobile stock firmware is giving me authentication errors when trying to connect to my personal WiFi. That problem got fixed by me flashing a Canadian Wind Mobile kdz using the offline flash tool. That is unacceptable support on the part of LG.

• 2014-04-05 03:02
  • Tims

why does the phone get so hot sometimes and often destroys the sd card

• 2014-04-02 14:41
  • fuIp
  • MoFo

> In reply to moamen1111 @ 2014-03-20 23:57 from Nrc6 - click to readNo, it's not LTE capable. The Optimus F6 is LTE capable but if you are into custom roms, you're gonna be disappointed. You'll be luck enough to root it.

• 2014-03-24 01:20
  • moamen1111

does this phone use 4g lte networks ?

• 2014-03-20 23:57
  • Nrc6
  • hello

> In reply to Rooted Superuser.... @ 2014-01-01 18:09 from RnAM - click to readwhat type of songs are you downloading that are 145mb.... are you crazy?

• 2014-03-18 02:27
  • 45GJ
  • M. Aqeel

One of the Best mobile in this price range with the Best features. using it for 6 months. simply awesome mobile. I love it !!
yes u can root it with with VRoot; very easy but root isn't needed as u will not be able to move apps to SD Card even after that because that's the most anticipated function bcoz mobile's apps installing memory itself is only 2GB which can't be extended...so dats the only draw back :( not actually a draw back though.

• 2014-02-13 09:52