Yes , you can use your android, windows phone or iPhone as hotspot
Yes, the USB port works with 3G modem, printer, and any pen drive
Yes, there is an micro sd slot
Yes, with 8.1, there is les lag than any android tablet - browsing is awesome, in some sites, ecen flash works
Yes, ppi is low, but is not ugly, is the same as your notebook or lower than fullhd monitor
No, there are no windows phone apps, yet
No, there are no plenty of apps, but the worse are games. Games runs bad, or not satisfacting. The best way to game on original surface RT is through console emulator (master system, mega drive, snes, nes, gba - there is no psx or n64) .
There are facebook and flipboard apps, and some image editors
- 2014-03-12 05:55
The Surface is a tablet, we've known this. It's stupid to complain about not having a convenient youtube app at the same time you're complaining about it being a tablet and not PC. It's awesome, Surface 2 has better PPI, which realistically don't knock it till you've tried it, the ClearType screen beasts, sort of like how the iPhone can be "beat out" by Droid phones with higher pixel count but the iPhone's display just looks alluring, same with the ClearType screen, just looks good. It's battery life is very good for my busy student self. type cover is cool but doesn't work PERFECT....still very awesome tools available if you need it, that's what it's for.
- 2014-03-01 14:44
- 2014-02-14 09:52
> In reply to pmh2009 @ 2014-01-02 15:21 from GMv6 - click to read1. True. but its a tablet not a pc. using windows store apps is not so hard.
2.I dont known about bloomberg but not all apps are lame.
3.true. its a TABLET. and in exchange of pc part you get lot of battery life.
4. seriously? you are taking pics with your tablet. 5. Every new thing needs getting used to. I have no problem using touch. Still without touch pad u r missing lot. email writing or using ms office on toch screen..... that keyboard is really good.
6. you can change font size easily. but i prefer smallest font. cuz my eyes are in good condition.
7. You can still play games, watch videos, music and do your work on microsoft office. If you are looking for lte support than this tab is not for you.
8.no apps and no games. Heard that many times. There are most apps and most app alternatives. And the stores size is growing at incredible speed.
I was nexus 7 2013 user. I used my tablet for downloading videos, music and pdfs. Heavy internet browsing. Watching videos and reading. Playing heavy games like asphalt 8 and gta san andreas (my favourite games). RT is missing on most games but other than that, its better at everything else.
Surface rt's weight and ppi are bad. But in exchange for IE 10 with much faster flash player and ms office. Its great for me. bye bye nexus.
- 2014-01-27 11:58
It is a complete hopeless tab!!! Why???
1. With the exception of MS apps NO other apps can be installed. Which means for even YouTube you need to be on the IE!!!
2. MS apps are so lame, i.e... Bloomberg 5 stars; when u install it all there is just small boxes with pics and the news. No proper news, reference, apps just dumb games... For that you just get a normal tab no need for a Win 8.1 PC tab....
3. The PC part is also hopeless as you cannot install normal PC software only on the Pro Tab is it possible.
4. The camera is 1.2 MP!!!
5. If you use the PC part then you need get the keyboard attached because the TOUCH is really useless; due to the fact that everything is really really small.
6. Fonts are so small that you will need reading glasses.
7. No SIM! so that means without the WiFi you are completely dead... no other options for connectivity!!!
8. Complete restriction regarding outside apps... with Android u can download Skydrive, Google Drive, Yahoo, everything but MS is real bummer... no apps but theirs only!!! It is completely dead... in about 5 years they will become dinosaurs!!!
The future being mobiles & tablets...
- 2014-01-02 15:21
> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-27 16:35 from v0qJ - click to readYes, ms office 2013 included
- 2013-12-31 11:00
Does this have a preinstalled msoffice or how can I install?
- 2013-12-27 16:35
> In reply to kwabena88 @ 2013-11-12 11:17 from Nw8C - click to readyes,It has wifi Hardware connection , so u can access wifi.
- 2013-12-24 11:01
Yes you can use an USB 3G modem with data-sim card in it :) It has full usb-host compitability.
- 2013-12-01 13:52
> In reply to emty @ 2013-11-30 12:03 from NUwG - click to readTake it to Wind and try it.
- 2013-12-01 02:37
what good is this service if nobody will answer the question?
- 2013-11-30 12:03
can I use wind data stick/plan with surface rt ?
- 2013-11-30 11:21
can I use wind.ca data plan?
- 2013-11-30 11:09
can I use wind.ca data stick?
- 2013-11-30 11:06
I would like to know if we could connect a datacard (like the tataphoton in India) in the USB port and use it to surf the internet?
- 2013-11-28 17:51
Can it run windows phone apps?
- 2013-11-26 15:08
is it worth getting surface or paying extra for surface 2?
- 2013-11-26 14:17
Can i also use a modem to get internet access?
- 2013-11-25 10:16
Yes you can, that's how I have used my surface
- 2013-11-23 12:07
- 2013-11-23 00:55