Motorola Moto X

Motorola Moto X

• mikey

would probs say that I prefer the moto x on kitkat instead of lollipop.
it may be subjective and I believe the UI is much stable.

• 2015-07-28 17:51
  • fxQx
  • Vipin Kumar

> In reply to APS.GNA @ 2015-07-02 14:26 from 7j%7 - click to readHi buddy please tell me today I wants to update my moto x is your phone still working fine on lollypop or u feel u done mistake you are feeling better with KitKat
Thanks

• 2015-07-28 14:51
  • 7j%Y
  • Suri

> In reply to Sam Houston @ 2015-07-20 15:20 from rKNb - click to readI am facing the same issue. Did you get an redressal for this issue??

• 2015-07-27 15:57
  • Hkt{
  • Ravi

I have been using the Moto X (1st Gen 2013). I'm a very heavy user & this phone has not let me down, Ever. Its a very handy device just like iPhone 5 or 5S. Though the screen is 4.7in it feels very compact & handy. The UI is almost stock, I'm on 5.1 as of now & its Super smooth. It never lags where as my other LG G2 (5.0 Lollipop) often hangs bcoz of heavy animations & all.

I love my Moto X.

• 2015-07-25 17:47
  • KS2m
  • cugar1989

> In reply to Sam Houston @ 2015-07-20 15:20 from rKNb - click to readYes I had to send my phone back for a repair after the Lollipop update. The screen would not power on again after a week later.

• 2015-07-22 05:13
  • qD7C
  • Abrar007

> In reply to Sam Houston @ 2015-07-20 15:20 from rKNb - click to readwhich one at&t or verizon?

• 2015-07-21 21:29
  • Kxa7
  • Sam Houston

> In reply to gana.. @ 2015-07-06 12:38 from 2S}3 - click to readI don't know why but after the update my phone is getting heated up... I'm losing battery backup in 4 hrs when the phone is idle.. Is this happening to everyone ?

• 2015-07-20 15:20
  • rKNb
  • swapnil22

Is there Motorola service center in Pune coz I have called on 1800 1022 344 call center they gave me two address of service center located in Pune I tried calling them but either of these ain't receiving the call, when I went at that location there I is no such kinda shop mentioned in mail...I even tried calling to service centre in Mumbai...but all of them replied 'wrong number'...so I just need to know that is there any moto service center exist in Pune Mumbai or any other location...

• 2015-07-19 06:37
  • H4q%
  • Aamir Hayat

> In reply to msadiqamin @ 2015-07-10 11:55 from uW}7 - click to readPlease tell me will tbe sim get locked after update???because when I updated to 4.4.4 from 4.4.2 the sim got locked!!
Karachi, Pakistan.

• 2015-07-18 14:52
  • uRB8

horrible phone had it just over a year and everything is slow and it shuts off at random and its not just my phone i know countless people who have this phone and the same thing happens to them i will never buy Motorola again

• 2015-07-16 17:01
  • Tbxb
  • Abrar007

> In reply to Stephen Kharkov @ 2015-07-14 12:27 from JxWX - click to readOw, no update for verizon yet :(

• 2015-07-14 19:19
  • Kxa7
  • Stephen Kharkov

> In reply to Abrar007 @ 2015-07-13 20:58 from Kxa7 - click to readNo.
Mine is AT&T

• 2015-07-14 12:27
  • JxWX
  • Stephen Kharkov

Guys! Awesome mobile phone this is.......A 2013 model is still powerful to match with 2015 mobiles......Even Samsung Galaxy S5 got 5.0.2 while moto x got 5.1
After iPhone i like only Motorola mobiles because of the built quality and feathers. Resistance to dust and water, scratch resistance also. Handy design (manage small size phone even with 4.7 inch screen)
Software update are quick like iPhones and Nexus devices....
Simply Motorola is the best

• 2015-07-13 11:46
  • JxWX
  • Albino

Guys after upgrading to (Moto x 1ST GEN)lollipop 5.1 its barely switching to 3G network.This use to happen before but was customizing it with "Phone testing" app, now even they have blocked that application.Please give me some solution.

Also suggest me some nice earphones which is supported by Moto X 3.5 jack.

Thank you.

• 2015-07-10 18:54
  • UNWB
  • msadiqamin

Assalam-0-Alaikum.

Got 5.1 Lollipop update in my At&t Moto X 1st Gen Xt-1058 yesterday in Pakistan. I would like to share my experience with you guys.

Overall nice improvements as mentioned on Motorola website. However, the device feels a little bit slow may be due to long animations and effects put into UI. After updating, it took too much time saying "Optimizing Apps X out of 173" may be because I had many apps installed.

On first bootup, I saw too much LAG during every operation even switching apps was hell. Then I did a factory reset and erased all SD data. That solved the problem completely. Now my phone works flawlessly smooth with no Lag or whatsoever.

I also noticed slightly better performance while scrolling in browser or in other apps. Moreover, the battery seems to have improved a little say by 30 minutes more backup.

The bad thing I noticed is that Active Notification is not working as before. The phone does not lit up upon hovering over it to show notifications like I was doing before. Now you have to pick it up to see notifications/clock etc. Hope they fix it soon. Bootup animation is also something which I don't like. It's weird. Huh because I have At&t version.

As compared to Kitkat 4.4.4, the UI is a bit slow but not laggy. Notification bar is awesome. Moto Voice(touchless control) is better.

Things that Motorola should seriously improve are:
- Active display - Notifications
- Camera App - UI and exposure/focus problems etc

• 2015-07-10 11:55
  • uW}7
  • Albino

Also suggest me some nice earphones which is supported by Moto X 3.5 jack.

Thank you.

• 2015-07-10 11:27
  • UNWB

> In reply to gana.. @ 2015-07-06 12:38 from 2S}3 - click to readlollipop is far bettter bro.

• 2015-07-10 07:45
  • NyjD
  • Mohsin Ali

I am using Moto x in Dubai....awosme update almost 700 MB......very fine UI...love u moto giving update of 2013 flagship

• 2015-07-09 20:05
  • Hxd$
  • Andy

After Lollipop update.Its running same for me. Rather the phone is working better as per the UI and feels of usage. And as per battery though its consuming more.Still its working fine for nearly 20h straight with stand by and mixed usage.I dont know why u people are complaining much for battery.My data connection remains on (3g) for all time. I think,it took a year time but it adhered to its promise.

• 2015-07-09 12:50