Motorola RAZR i XT890

Motorola RAZR i XT890

• matus

afaik 4.1.2 JB is totally disaster..battery life went dramatically down, some apps does not work. do anyone know when this is going to be fixed?? I was seriously considering this phone however after the 4.1.2 JB fail I think I will go for samsung galaxy s II.....

• 2013-05-11 12:54
  • Lftx
  • Anon

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-08 19:59 from LKV7 - click to readIt may or may not happened.
If the glass surface fell FLAT on the ground, then yes. I can say it's a possibility. But the other guy said HE dropped it, and the next day sh!t started happening. You can't believe everything on the net, I did once, and bought a Nokia

• 2013-05-09 10:06
  • S9JG

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-08 01:54 from LKV7 - click to readGlad you liked the phone. I certainly did.
I got 2 tips for you: 1) make the best out of smart actions, its better than any battery saving app out there, and it's not limited to battery saving actions.
2) If you find an app and the playstore says that it's incompatible, just try getting the apk from somewhere else, and you'll probably find that it works. The reason for that is that maybe the developer hasn't tested it on an intel phone.

Since you like benchmarks, I should tell you that the lenovo k9000, running on a newer intel processor, beat even the S4 in benchmark scores. I know that benchmarks aren't everything, but this just shows how much potential intel processors have. I'm probably gonna stick to an intel running phone (hopefully motorola) for my next phone too.

One thing that dissapointed me is that battery life has became noticeably shorter as the summer kicked in :)

• 2013-05-08 23:38
  • fk}S
  • Eisley

> In reply to Anon @ 2013-05-08 12:40 from S9JG - click to readHe said "Picked it up and the screen would not work" Not "days later".

Ok. I very much like this Razr i, but it's certainly not undestructible, nor too resistant to hard floor shocks.
There is a video on YT (RAZR I RESISTENTE) where a brazilian guy, sadly, shows his Razr i with a cracked screen. He says it fell from 0.50 meters high. It's not the height, but the way it hits the hard floor what crack ANY screen.
So, I don't believe the commenter was trolling. Just pointing out a possibility. I'd like the Razr i had a place to hold a wrist belt, but as it doesn't we have to be careful, that's it.

And, it's true plastic bodies devices can resist hard shocks quite well, as its body absorbs the impact. As the Razr i is so compact, it's kinda more probable to break if it hits badly enough. So, we have to be careful.

Anyway, I very much like my Razr i, and I hope it lasts to me at least till it naturally dies... jaja. :D
Peace!

- L.

Pd: It scores 50.8 FPS (ICS) on the Epic Citadel Unreal Engine 3 benchmark mode! Cool! And all while having apps running! Awesome Intel! :D

• 2013-05-08 19:59
  • LKV7
  • Anon

> In reply to CaboKruzer @ 2013-03-08 18:47 from LwMU - click to readYou persistent trolling is amusing.
If you gonna lie, at least put some thought to it.
Your phone slipped from your hand, fell on the ground. and after a day or two it stopped working properly? Come on, not everyone is lacking intelligence.
I won't even praise you for trying, I've seen better trolling in the net.

• 2013-05-08 12:40
  • S9JG
  • pek972

I love this app!! I didn't even know my phone had this capability. I checked the specs and it is totally lacking.

• 2013-05-08 03:31
  • 8Exv
  • Eisley

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-03 16:26 from fk}M - click to readThanks for your reply!
I got one! Finally! :D!!!!!! After 3 days looking for it in my country (Peru). Although I wanted the black one I ended picking the white one!

Ok, just something brief to confirm and clarify to myself my previous doubts (previous post):

- It does really, much better than my Xperia Pro!
- It's even prettier than I thought it was xD!
- It's super fast!
- Its multitasking capabilities are so high! I couln't get a single lag even forcing it to do quick changes between apps! (Maps to Chrome (several tabs), Camera to Gmail, Yotube to Music, etc)... (compared to my Xperia Pro, it triples it's performance.)
- I'll torture it a lot more when I get a 32Gb SD to install some games! But I've already seen how well performs (directly and by videos)!

Overall it has pleased me very much :) And having in count its body materials, desing, good size,... It's awesome!

In terms of benchmarks:
I was affraid this Moto wouldn't be a good enough upgrade for my good Xperia Pro, but I was wrong!
Where my Xperia Pro does fine this does excelent!

Antutu:
Razr i 13900 (Several stock "useful" user apps running: Maps, Gmail, Google Play, Email, Smart Actions, Live Wallpapers, Moto Keyboard)

Xperia Pro 4700 (Most user apps closed)

Quadrant:

Razr i 4500 (Same state)
Xperia Pro 1200

This is not a comparison between devices, it's just to talk about the good upgrade this Razr i is.

But, if you want to face it off against quads like the Galaxy S3 or Qualcomm's S4, it does great too!

GS3 scores from 13000 to 16000 on Antutu
Qualcomm S4s from 14500 and more. But the Razr i still can perform as good as that! Specially in CPU and RAM, where the Intel chipset get almost the same as those. If only they would have launched the Razr i as a highend smartphone with a better GPU (better screen maybe), this device could have destroyed all competitors not only in its price range but these duals and quads too. Seeing it as the current Razr i does , I do believe it.

Benchmarks as just a glimpse of the overall performance, but they can be a good reference.

Ok, this is all for now! I'm very happy with my purchase :D And, btw I hope someone can give me some tips to get the most of it! Thank you!!

- L.

Pd: The SmartActions apps is very usefull :D Camera is good! It's body is so hard, hold a GS3 and this and you'll feel the difference!
____________________________________________

Hey, just found out about a "game-like" benchmark that uses Unreal Engine 3 to test the game performance, and the Razr i (acording to user ratings) scores the impressive 50 - 55 FPS! In High graphics! :D
That must be, seriously, because of the RAM and CPU speed of the Razr i, + its GPU, of course! Intel is so great!

Try it and comment! It's here: Epic Citadel.

Ok, bye!

• 2013-05-08 01:54
  • LKV7

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-03 08:04 from LKWw - click to readFor everyday tasks (messagin, browsing) its as fast as it gets, literally.
For gaming I'm surprised how well it does even though the GPU is kinda old. Look up any of the big games on youtube(mc4, real racing 3, fifa, dead trigger, you name it ) and you'll see that it works great.
The processor has something called hyper-threading technology which makes it act as a dual core.
Add to that the small size and the good screen and you get a great phone that is terribly underrated. I cant even imagine how well the actual dual core Intel chips will perform.

• 2013-05-03 16:26
  • fk}M

Short story:
Nice looking, lightning fast smartphone!
*How does this smartphone's GPU (PowerVR SGX540) compare to Adreno 220?
Looks like it's a bit (?) inferior to Adreno 225. Not bad. But I'd like to know comparing to Adreno 220.

Long story:
I've just had this smartphone in my hands because I'm at a store and let me tell you... It's lightning fast!!!!!!! It's just super fast! Wow!
And it feels and looks much more expensive than it really is. It's very pretty indeed.

Ok, that said, I currently have an Xperia Pro (S2,1GHz,Adreno 205) and as a quite advanced user I'm just loving it! It's so complete both in software and hardware. Yeah... Not slow, not buggy, all fine.

So, this Motorola is not a bad choice at all, being single core and with such speed and not bad GPU I would go for it if I had to choose even if I weren't in a budget.

Speaking of GPU, would any of you be kind to me and give me some ideas of comparison between my Adreno 205 and this Motorola's GPU? In terms of performance my Xperia Pro does very good despite its not awesome specs, so I would expect something better from this Motorola, am I right?

I can play, with my Xperia Pro, nicely, games like Nova3, Modern Combat 3,4, Asphalt 6,7 Need For Speed series, etc. All fine and very fun!
Should I expect something better from this Moto? To the level of Adreno 220 maybe?
I need to look for some benchmarks! But I know my Xperia Pro scoring 4700 in Antutu benchmark can do great, I'd like to know how would do this Motorola Razr i!

It's desing is tempting, ha. And it has some pros being resistant to water, and it's screen is bright, it's speed just great!
Does someone know if it has tv out?

It's clearly not a best contender to Qualcomm's S3 or S4s, but I believe what it's got would be more than enough to please even the most sceptic user! What do you think?

• 2013-05-03 08:04
  • LKWw
  • Hawky

Nice phone and very quick too.
The only thing I don't like about is that you cannot install apps to the SD card which is a bit stupid really. My Razr i has Jelly Bean and also cannot get TOMTOM working on this.
I just hate the way Jelly Bean will not let you install to the SC card. If I had known this I probably would not have bought it.
Good phone very fast but limited to only 5gb apps on the internal memory, rather stupid I think.

• 2013-04-29 14:17
  • m5{q
  • antiriad

motorola razr i xt890 DO have radio tuner. try "FM Radio" from google play.

• 2013-04-26 18:29
  • 8CTm
  • Johnny

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-12 00:01 from Mfx9 - click to readdial the phone number.
press the 3 dots on the upper right most position.
select add to contacts
select new
and select Google and ok
then, add the name and select the check mark on the top (save) and you are done.

• 2013-04-24 00:57
  • xL}L

> In reply to CaboKruzer @ 2013-03-08 19:35 from LwMU - click to readI also work in a phone shop, and own a razr i. ive dropped mine 5 or 6 times, and have never had a case for it. so far the only damage ive managed to inflict is ive chipped the back glass panal housing camera lense and flash slightly. of course if you drop it flat onto the screen it is going to die a reasonably horrible death lol. but for the most part, ive found the razr i is a tougher than average smartphone. but most certianly not indestructable.

• 2013-04-20 20:24
  • mqyK
  • Laurence J. Power

Having to return the phone to EE, it works well, however I need a phone to sync both contacts and appointments with Outlook on my PC. Nobody has been able to get it to do that and it looks like Motorola are not interested. I am therefore returning the phone and will likely get a Sony Xperia or HTC

• 2013-04-19 11:02
  • sXIL
  • brynn

> In reply to Rupnath @ 2013-04-18 06:55 from rJjF - click to readRound of applause I have been saying that for past 4 years...We are bored of these boring soulless slabs,,in clamshells you get the full screen not like slabs where you lose half the screen..Plus real buttons to press and proper green/red send and end buttons...

• 2013-04-18 23:26
  • mXyU
  • Rupnath

Once the world loved, applauded and adored the Razr series Clamshell designn of Motorola and it even made a history, sets like v3i, v8, v9, krzr k1, etc. Please bring out again these masterpieces equipped with latest technology, 2.6 inch screen, good battery backup with awesome music. People got bored of touchscreen phones as all look the same with slight difference.

• 2013-04-18 06:55
  • rJjF
  • acaroline

what i find the radio?

• 2013-04-17 15:01
  • 8LA1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-13 22:38 from mx%X - click to readPut it in a zip-locked baggy (no battery) with white rice (right out of the box, nice and dry). Seal the bag closed and let is sit for 2 days. The rice will suck the water off of the phone. Then plug your battery in a voila. It will work.

• 2013-04-16 01:40
  • xLmm
  • prit kudale

Just dip your handset in petrol without battery. Bring it out and kept in suitably hight temperature so that petrol can evaporate. And after 1-2 days put battery and try to switch on.

• 2013-04-15 19:39
  • s8ff
  • bhupinder singh

price of motorola phones is very high with less specs

• 2013-04-14 14:05