Motorola RAZR i XT890

Motorola RAZR i XT890

> In reply to Eisley @ 2013-05-03 08:04 from LKWw - click to readFor everyday tasks (messagin, browsing) its as fast as it gets, literally.
For gaming I'm surprised how well it does even though the GPU is kinda old. Look up any of the big games on youtube(mc4, real racing 3, fifa, dead trigger, you name it ) and you'll see that it works great.
The processor has something called hyper-threading technology which makes it act as a dual core.
Add to that the small size and the good screen and you get a great phone that is terribly underrated. I cant even imagine how well the actual dual core Intel chips will perform.

• 2013-05-03 16:26
  • fk}M
  • Eisley

Short story:
Nice looking, lightning fast smartphone!
*How does this smartphone's GPU (PowerVR SGX540) compare to Adreno 220?
Looks like it's a bit (?) inferior to Adreno 225. Not bad. But I'd like to know comparing to Adreno 220.

Long story:
I've just had this smartphone in my hands because I'm at a store and let me tell you... It's lightning fast!!!!!!! It's just super fast! Wow!
And it feels and looks much more expensive than it really is. It's very pretty indeed.

Ok, that said, I currently have an Xperia Pro (S2,1GHz,Adreno 205) and as a quite advanced user I'm just loving it! It's so complete both in software and hardware. Yeah... Not slow, not buggy, all fine.

So, this Motorola is not a bad choice at all, being single core and with such speed and not bad GPU I would go for it if I had to choose even if I weren't in a budget.

Speaking of GPU, would any of you be kind to me and give me some ideas of comparison between my Adreno 205 and this Motorola's GPU? In terms of performance my Xperia Pro does very good despite its not awesome specs, so I would expect something better from this Motorola, am I right?

I can play, with my Xperia Pro, nicely, games like Nova3, Modern Combat 3,4, Asphalt 6,7 Need For Speed series, etc. All fine and very fun!
Should I expect something better from this Moto? To the level of Adreno 220 maybe?
I need to look for some benchmarks! But I know my Xperia Pro scoring 4700 in Antutu benchmark can do great, I'd like to know how would do this Motorola Razr i!

It's desing is tempting, ha. And it has some pros being resistant to water, and it's screen is bright, it's speed just great!
Does someone know if it has tv out?

It's clearly not a best contender to Qualcomm's S3 or S4s, but I believe what it's got would be more than enough to please even the most sceptic user! What do you think?

- L.

• 2013-05-03 08:04
  • LKWw
  • Hawky

Nice phone and very quick too.
The only thing I don't like about is that you cannot install apps to the SD card which is a bit stupid really. My Razr i has Jelly Bean and also cannot get TOMTOM working on this.
I just hate the way Jelly Bean will not let you install to the SC card. If I had known this I probably would not have bought it.
Good phone very fast but limited to only 5gb apps on the internal memory, rather stupid I think.

• 2013-04-29 14:17
  • m5{q
  • antiriad

motorola razr i xt890 DO have radio tuner. try "FM Radio" from google play.

• 2013-04-26 18:29
  • 8CTm
  • Johnny

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-12 00:01 from Mfx9 - click to readdial the phone number.
press the 3 dots on the upper right most position.
select add to contacts
select new
and select Google and ok
then, add the name and select the check mark on the top (save) and you are done.

• 2013-04-24 00:57
  • xL}L

> In reply to CaboKruzer @ 2013-03-08 19:35 from LwMU - click to readI also work in a phone shop, and own a razr i. ive dropped mine 5 or 6 times, and have never had a case for it. so far the only damage ive managed to inflict is ive chipped the back glass panal housing camera lense and flash slightly. of course if you drop it flat onto the screen it is going to die a reasonably horrible death lol. but for the most part, ive found the razr i is a tougher than average smartphone. but most certianly not indestructable.

• 2013-04-20 20:24
  • mqyK
  • Laurence J. Power

Having to return the phone to EE, it works well, however I need a phone to sync both contacts and appointments with Outlook on my PC. Nobody has been able to get it to do that and it looks like Motorola are not interested. I am therefore returning the phone and will likely get a Sony Xperia or HTC

• 2013-04-19 11:02
  • sXIL
  • brynn

> In reply to Rupnath @ 2013-04-18 06:55 from rJjF - click to readRound of applause I have been saying that for past 4 years...We are bored of these boring soulless slabs,,in clamshells you get the full screen not like slabs where you lose half the screen..Plus real buttons to press and proper green/red send and end buttons...

• 2013-04-18 23:26
  • mXyU
  • Rupnath

Once the world loved, applauded and adored the Razr series Clamshell designn of Motorola and it even made a history, sets like v3i, v8, v9, krzr k1, etc. Please bring out again these masterpieces equipped with latest technology, 2.6 inch screen, good battery backup with awesome music. People got bored of touchscreen phones as all look the same with slight difference.

• 2013-04-18 06:55
  • rJjF
  • acaroline

what i find the radio?

• 2013-04-17 15:01
  • 8LA1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-13 22:38 from mx%X - click to readPut it in a zip-locked baggy (no battery) with white rice (right out of the box, nice and dry). Seal the bag closed and let is sit for 2 days. The rice will suck the water off of the phone. Then plug your battery in a voila. It will work.

• 2013-04-16 01:40
  • xLmm
  • prit kudale

Just dip your handset in petrol without battery. Bring it out and kept in suitably hight temperature so that petrol can evaporate. And after 1-2 days put battery and try to switch on.

• 2013-04-15 19:39
  • s8ff
  • bhupinder singh

price of motorola phones is very high with less specs

• 2013-04-14 14:05
  • uwUh

Hi - I have had my motorola for a couole of months and today I dropped it and it fell into a bowl of water doh ! I am trying to dry it out, could someone tell me if I can open the phone by removing the screws on both sides of the phone or is it a lost cause,, I have grown to really like this phone so hopefully someone can help.,

• 2013-04-13 22:38
  • mx%X
  • undertaker743

> In reply to chelmary @ 2013-03-11 21:09 from kb6m - click to readif it still has warranty,theyre supposed to repaired/exchange it for another equal specifications unit,from which country is it?Claro from where?

• 2013-04-12 20:32
  • QL5k
  • undertaker743

> In reply to Abilio @ 2013-04-09 13:36 from Jp1Q - click to readit is splash resistant ,not waterproof

• 2013-04-12 20:27
  • QL5k

The Model made me earn the a title 'I love gadgets' but pls how do I save CONTACTS on the phone memory rather than on the SIM
JOHN

• 2013-04-12 00:01
  • Mfx9

> In reply to adk @ 2013-03-12 23:10 from m5NF - click to readDownload manual from motorola

• 2013-04-11 10:56
  • 32GT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-10 20:52 from Tkt} - click to readI've been experiencing similar issues sporadically, would you mind updating us once you get your phone back?

• 2013-04-11 00:31
  • Nu$3
  • Samy

> In reply to NotHappyJan @ 2013-04-09 15:21 from Mw29 - click to readSame here. JB was a step backwards for me. Battery life has become shorter, no speed dial is just plain stupid,& the white contacts theme is horrible. Phone alos didnt become one bit faster

• 2013-04-11 00:29