LG Nexus 4 benchmarked, Android 4.2 confirmed

24 October, 2012
The LG Nexus 4 has appeared in GLBenchmark with a top 4 result, official photos leaked too.

Sort by:

  • Anonymous

Guys how can i unlock/jailbreak this phone?

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-22 16:20
  • vIYq
  • Tom

> In reply to jtv @ 2012-11-01 07:52 from t7Xr - click to readYou can't jailbreak an android device :p...you root them (+ unlock their bootloaders, etc.)

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-03 04:31
  • YdV$
  • jtv

> In reply to Smeh @ 2012-10-25 15:55 from RYqn - click to readi don't really care if it's nexus or not. so long as it's android because i am going to jailbreak it and tweak the settings and put stock android on it anyway. the reason im adamant is because it already runs 4.2 JB. and the score isn't that impressive.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-01 07:52
  • t7Xr
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Kalevro @ 2012-10-25 10:59 from nTdU - click to readi dont even know what a moible device is ffs lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 21:21
  • iL}9
  • Anonymous

> In reply to jtv @ 2012-10-25 14:57 from t7Xi - click to readNot really relevant, but actually just Xiaomi is Chinese. Pantech is Korean, and Asus is Taiwanese.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 15:56
  • P6x5
  • Smeh

> In reply to jtv @ 2012-10-25 14:57 from t7Xi - click to readIt's a nexus phone! They all run stock android! And there are good reasons for only 8gb storage. LG don't want the nexus 4 outselling all of their flagships

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 15:55
  • RYqn
  • Ja mo be there

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-25 04:40 from kg3U - click to readLOL - you obviously had a very poor handset, and made an unfortunate choice of custom ROM :)

My Sammy Galaxy W is currently jogging along extremely nicely with Cyanogenmod 9 (ICS 4.0.4 - which is not offered by Sammy as an upgrade for the SGW)no need to repeatedly flash different ROMs for stability.
Clockwork Mod is a very nice and capable alternative to stock recovery and makes backing up my entire device & switching between ROMs a complete doddle that anyone with a pc and a usb cable can do.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 15:06
  • dNA1
  • jtv

wow. i don't know if i will buy this anymore. just 4th? under the other chinese brands? and its running 4.2 and an untouched OS. wtf? this is the crap im afraid of when google chose LG. not to mention the 8gig memory and maximum 16gig. i think imma wait until they partner with either HTC or Sony.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 14:57
  • t7Xi
  • hi

add a silver strip on GN then make a new phone?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 14:50
  • G1Xi
  • Ja mo be there

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-25 05:32 from TRF@ - click to readDon't talk such rot pal.
Nokia are using polycarbonate for covers and chassis on high end phones, so finger pointing at Korean brands is a touch narrow minded.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 14:47
  • dNA1
  • Code7248

You guuuuuyyyyss. ROM Updates is now NOT LG's responsibility, because this is a PURE Google Device. Nexus devices are the first that get updates, DIRECTLY from Google. So...chill.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 14:33
  • nXEL
  • Snirk

Google is making a big mistake...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 13:47
  • mYmA
  • no no

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-25 09:42 from RKky - click to readNo you are wrong. LG flagships don't get updates.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 11:00
  • nUvZ
  • Kalevro

> In reply to simonh @ 2012-10-25 00:38 from iL}9 - click to readWell you understand nothing of moible devices !

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 10:59
  • nTdU
  • so

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-25 04:40 from kg3U - click to readyou have a crappy phone then which cannot even be made good with custom rom

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 10:55
  • nUvZ
  • lol

> In reply to eFiJy @ 2012-10-24 22:08 from 0Us{ - click to readPlease go and learn more. Galaxy Nexus is using OMAP chipset. Why should Google do extra work and make updates for phones with Exynos, Tegra, Novathor chipsets? They would only help phones with the same hardware

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 10:53
  • nUvZ
  • djst

4th place? After Xiaomi MI-2 who's running 4.1? Wtf, so why I should choose the new 4.2 if it's not better than 4.1 on the same chipset?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 10:51
  • 0x}w
  • whiteginger

oh no..LG..i don't think they're capable in making phone.why don't choose Nexus partnership with other brand..

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 10:41
  • RDXJ
  • mn

LG makes great products, the hardware that is,lg is'nt exactly good with updating, infact updating with LG is almost a myth. :)
So if google makes the updates, Nexus 4 will be as great as it should be.
Just hope the Nexus 10 don't use Tegra, never again Nvida!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 10:25
  • MKFD
  • Anonymous

Owned Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. Unfortunately I now own an Optimus 3D, because of a mistake. I couldn't find another Galaxy Nexus because they are out of stock. I hope LG doesn't touch anything in the OS and that the battery life won't be half a day like the Optimus 3D. I am very afraid... :)))

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-25 09:42
  • 0Uj}