Nokia 500

Nokia 500

• Alex

This phone is absolutely terrible. Super unreliable, and just downright frustrating.

Where do I even start?

-It freezes and shuts down frequently. When you're on a call, when you're browsing, or when you're trying to take a picture. Or even when you've just about finished typing a long text message or email. It does NOT save what you are typing.

-The alarm sometimes does not go off. Super unreliable. Maybe 1 in 10 times this will happen. When I wake up and check it, it's still 80% battery life, and it's still on, and the alarm is still set to the correct time, it just didn't trigger.. The first time this happened I missed a job interview. I'm not kidding. I bought a clock radio and use that instead now.

-Unlocking it is sometimes impossible. Clicking the unlock button will make it vibrate slightly, and it is supposed to show an unlock button on the screen. Sometimes it doesn't, and the only way to unlock it is to take the battery out and restart.

-The contact list sometimes disappears, but not to fear. It'll repopulate after taking the battery out and restarting.

-Here's a big one. The phone DOES NOT RING WHEN IT'S PLUGGED IN. Which is especially frustrating when you're expecting a call but are low on battery power.

-I think this is service related: but fairly often I don't receive texts unless I restart the phone.

-The memory allotted to the browser is sometimes insufficient to load some pages.

If I still haven't scared you away, here are the pros:
- Offline maps are quite useful.
- Customizable home screen.
- Find a contact using speech (hold the green talk button for 2 seconds).
- Wifi usually no problems.
- Phone is small and light.

• 2014-10-19 21:22
  • EFMw
  • dhanraj

i've purchased from my friend,bt sometimes,it get hanged.so i recommend to move into any otherproduct.

• 2014-10-19 16:21
  • KAI3
  • baboher

I have bought this phone recently and I want to instal German HUngarian dictionary on it.
Is it possible???

Thanks

• 2014-10-13 22:30
  • 0k@Y
  • Namhar Abdurahman

> In reply to Akash @ 2014-09-25 08:55 from uNfm - click to readmay be due to virus. am also using the same phone. just format the phone. it will be alright.

• 2014-10-09 14:08
  • Trpd
  • k11

I really don't get the point of discussing the pros and cons of this phone when nokia has discontinued this model some 20 months ago. I already upgraded to an xperia sp in dec 2013 and am now going to buy a nexus 5. Long live android. Symbian died long, long ago lol :P

• 2014-10-05 18:52
  • rANw
  • ku

been using the model for 2 years.Pretty good.
PROS:..awesome voice recorder.camera is upto the mark.no flash though.Tough enough to to withstand freefalls.

native browser is crappy.nokia store fails to satisfy needs.no more updates. had to delete angrybirds so as to prevet constantly bugging ram issue.

• 2014-09-29 17:38
  • uum1
  • Akash

My Nokia Phone's Camera sometimes not open. Often, taking a photo, camera does not open. The phone claim that the memory is full. but, 219 MB is free at my Phon RAM

• 2014-09-25 08:55
  • uNfm
  • Gautam

I have been using this Nokia N 500 for almost 2 yrs from now without any Problem. But recently I had made a phone call. Then suddenly the device was switched off itself.I tried to restart the phone again. It then was on and immediately off. Please who can tell me what the problem is?
I can access the Phone when there is no sim card.
I had contacted Service Centre of NOKIA in Vizag. But they are unable to detect the problem.
Is it the performance of a mobile set of Rs. 11,000.00 of a renowned company?
Pl. suggest any remedy.
Thanks and regards,

GAUTAM SARKAR

• 2014-09-24 19:38
  • X0{1
  • eideen

> In reply to Himanshu somvanshi @ 2014-07-23 11:03 from uuJg - click to readI used this nokia for almost 2yrs now without any Problem but recently I was browsing it suddenly off itself.I tried to restart the phone again it then on and immediatly off. Pls who can tell me what d Prolem is?
I can assess the Phone when there is no sim card

• 2014-09-18 09:09
  • 3sE3
  • shiraz ahmed

sir i am facing a problem about skype. ihave nokia 500 but now a days skype not connect on my cell plz solve my problem that what can i do?

• 2014-09-17 17:00
  • Trpc
  • HEROUX

> In reply to Wazi @ 2014-07-12 21:30 from Xu5V - click to readsuperb long lasting phone

• 2014-09-16 09:05
  • s%{p
  • jinu

I used nokia 500 for 2 years and now d pblm started from 1 year that while talking phone gets off automatically after 20 mins.. then it will not start again unless i plug it for charging.. i have 5-6 phn of nokia but this one was just waste of money for me.. hope nokia will launch new phns without such pblms..

• 2014-09-11 07:56
  • uukd

the phone is best of symbians.completes three year without a problem.some people grudges about the restrart problem.but actually they are wrong,they cannot use smart phone perfectly.you have to free some space in c drive and also do not full mass memory complete.ram is only 256,but it does really justice.the most important feature is its sturdyness.fallen many time but it remains the same.i think it will give me another hassel free service.

• 2014-09-08 21:49
  • XuN4
  • MJ

Actually phone was good when I bought it. the requirements go on changing. Now 256 MB RAM is very insufficient.
I started viber, and the phone hung, so I had to uninstall it.
Also need to delete unnecessary files from the net. I deleted lots of whatsapp content.

Camera was good initially, but now, the image is most of the times very dark. Even my Nokia 5600 gives bright and clearer images.
Also recently there are a lot of dropped calls. I don't know whether it is the network provider, or Nokia to blame.
Internet is good, and downloads fast.
Since after two years, I find that I have to replace it because of
1. Small display (3.2 inch looks like any cheap model)
2. Low RAM (Only 256 MB)
3. 5 MP Camera (Does not have clarity of earlier Nokia models)
4. Started dropping calls
So I think after using it for 2 years its usability has gone down too much, as technology is coming up too fast.

• 2014-09-08 16:01
  • tUYd

Battery lasts really long .
I have been using it for 2 years now , but as said earlier by some , the phone restarts automatically . That is a big negative .

• 2014-09-04 14:09
  • uwTx
  • maddy986

i am using it from 2 years....no issue within 2 years....but from 1 month it restart automatically and hang continue.....so tell me guys can i update the software or try any other thing......thanks in advance...

• 2014-09-02 16:09
  • t}rZ
  • Raghu

Dont buy this phone its very problum phone it restaarts automatically and suddenlly screen becomes blank & restarts lately it will happens 3-4 times on daily basis so please dont buy this

• 2014-09-01 12:12
  • U{hB
  • Haridasan

Long lasting

• 2014-08-27 07:41
  • t}Cs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-09 11:27 from t}cb - click to readthis phne is nt gud .. nokia 500 swaftr is very wek.. and no fstr thn andrd.. when the pone is old thn Again and again.. hang..and restart.. so dnt buy this pone

• 2014-08-25 13:23
  • t1$C
  • Akshansh

nice phone but hd games are not running guys don,t buy this phone

• 2014-08-13 11:44