Nokia Lumia 1520

Nokia Lumia 1520

• Scott

Google PlayStore is all about quantity but the quality of apps is horrible.
While on Windows Phones the apps are no doubt lesser but all of them work better.
I recently updated my 1520 to Windows 10 Mobile and I was quite surprised to find the ScummVM app in Store. And the most astonishing fact is that it was the latest 1.8.0 version of ScummVM while Android is still stuck on old 1.7.0 release. Not only that it had more options like resolution scaling, texture smoothening which aren't available on the Android version of the app and unlike the Android version of ScummVM the sound on Windows 10 Mobile version doesn't crack even at high gain.

Does anyone know why the MS Camera app only shows 16MP for a quality or size level but the camera is supposed to be 20MP?

• ai

Sushi Majesty, 16 May 2016So many ppl keep talking about not many apps on Windows Store, I... moreInstagram messenger fb are now available. Despite having less apps than android, lumia@nokia@microsoft is still far more stable.

Sushi Majesty, 16 May 2016Its a software bug in the windows 10 OS, I recommend you to opt ... moreThx

Anonymous, 06 May 2016I am also experiencing the same problem...do i have to change b... moreIts a software bug in the windows 10 OS, I recommend you to opt out from upgrading your OS to 10 until there's a bug fix for the battery drain. For the moment, my advice to you is to download the window device Recovery Tool and downgrade to Window 8.1 denim.

BobBi bLaNkSoN, 16 May 2016After updating to windows 10 my battery 🔋 drains easily The battery drain is due to a few bugs in the OS, I suggest you try updating your phone again or use windowsphone recovery tool and recover the os to 8.1 denim and continue using it until windows phone come up with a stable OS with battery drain bug fixes.

So many ppl keep talking about not many apps on Windows Store, I get bugged I recently exchanged my Nokia lumia 1520 for OPO-1+1 device and noticed except for a few apps which work on Android OS most other apps are just utter crap to sum up everything in simple words.

For starters, there's 5 version of Youtube downloader app in Android Appstore but of them only one app actually work while the rest is crap, secondly the amount of advertising in the application can drive people insane I hate using an Android OS, in comparison Windows Mobile OS has ads but they don't pop up like they do in Android OS. Some vitals app are missing from Windows Store like snapchat, Instagram, facebook, messenger (Fb-available on window store, but aint that customizable like on android.) WPS office which is better than, Microsoft office and allows the user to save files as PDF which isn't available on MobileOffice offered by windows phone.

Then I also hate the fact that I cannot download a game and play on the device without adding an account with Google Play services which can get irritating. Some apps work much better than on Window OS than that of Android OS for example: Facebook Page Manager Pro, Whatsapp, 6Tag, they have superb integration on Windows OS than you find on any android os. Thirdly, Android suck in battery life Lollipop or Marshmallow, every time you keep your hands on the screen and type you'll notice that battery charge going down and when the battery level reaches 50% or less the battery begins to drain faster which is quite strange and I've noticed it on many android devices like samsung, oneplus 2, Xiaomi, LG G3 and even on HTC devices, that's kind of freaky. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my favourite movies and tv series on my earlier NL1520 with a few specific apps and after switching to Oneplus One i've noticed finding a decent app that offered me live streaming of recent movies and tv series in next to impossible, apps like boxtv is utter crap, the same goes for apps like Hotstar which offers some decent movies and series streaming but, you don't have access to HBO content or Netflix original content.

After updating to windows 10 my battery 🔋 drains easily

• Shiplu

its a good phn for bettary beck up but other side like nokia store is very poor ..... FB software is poor quality system not upgrade. poor quality sofwr with not enough software like android phn. some time hang this phn when display off. i use two years running......

user, 09 May 2016please guide to upgrade to windows 10To upgrade to windows 10, just search on youtube, you will get a guide through windows insider to do it very safe.

• PRAGG

i download an windows 10 updater advisor but until now my 1520 hasnt got any info about windows 10 when and how can we update and what to do please help

I have this phone with latest official WM 10 update and the camera shutter not working after that update. Any solution for this?

• user

Anonymous, 08 May 2016I upgraded my lumia 1520 to windows 10 and I was happy I did, bu... moreplease guide to upgrade to windows 10

I upgraded my lumia 1520 to windows 10 and I was happy I did, but after a couple of updates, the internet service has gone bad. Any ideas?

• winot

very nice phone,the only problem wth my lumia 1520 is ghost touch and hang

• Mr. Singh

Yeah, but guys does anyone found any useful resolution for that ? If any one have been able to resolve this issue kindly share your experience here.we will be thankful.

Anonymous, 06 May 2016I am also experiencing the same problem...do i have to change b... moreI've done 2 hard resets and my battery still continues to die randomly at like 70%!!

The SAME thing is happening to me and its super annoying. Like it will randomly shut off at 70% saying the battery is dead

I am also experiencing the same problem...do i have to change battery or should I do something else? I faced this battery drain problem, sudden switch off at random percentage of battery after the official windows 10 update. Before updating it was working fine,though battery backup was little low than the first year use.(i bought this in august 2014). Kindly suggest me something buddies it's very frustrating.

• Trojan

Is it possible to play COC in this devise?