Nokia N8

Nokia N8

need help guys. Phoenix fails to flash my n8. It pops up some errors whichni cant recall here. Need ur help guys

• me

I dont knw why i cant flash my nokia n8 with firmware. I tried and tried but still cant flash with phoenix. I have the official firmware and and three different custom firmwares. Somebody help me of how to fix this problem. I want to get to belle refresh

SUDHAKAR, 29 Feb 2016The 1 minute of 720p camera video at 30 fps takes 88 MB in G3 D8... moreHello sir, as World t20 are coming closer I am in search of apps on which I could watch the matches. Plz suggest me some apps for my nokia n8. Thank you.

• Wojo

I'm still using it! It's camera is so good that only now iPhone just managed to match it - 2016!!!

• Doggy

I have seen a dual SIM tool from simore for N8. Did any have tried this kit? Is it possible to make both dual SIM work at a time on N8? like modern day dual sim phones work?

SUDHAKAR, 29 Feb 2016The 1 minute of 720p camera video at 30 fps takes 88 MB in G3 D8... moreThat's very interesting. Could be a number of reasons, maybe different image compression for individual frames (it doesn't have to mean higher or lower quality, just a different approach), or different audio quality. It would be interesting to film exactly the same thing on all 3 phones and see what happens. Like, a completely black or completely white surface in complete silence.
Even single photos taken with the N8 can be between 1 and 3 MB, depending on how much detail is in them. By default, the N8 saves them in 85% quality because they did a research and nobody could notice a difference between 85% and higher with their bare eyes. However, if you take a 1 MB photo in 85% quality and save it in 100% quality it can have 3-4 MB, the file is larger but nobody could tell them apart. So Nokia chose this setting to save on space and improve speed.

• paralou

I started using Nokia N8 since it's was on the market !
Don't know why i stopped for a N9 ?
I think i will reuse it again, because ot's a nice product.
Regards,
paralou

The 1 minute of 720p camera video at 30 fps takes 88 MB in G3 D855, 62 MB in Nokia N8 and 51 MB in Nokia 808. Does anyone know why?.

• rkm

beauty of Nokia. I love N86 8mp, N8 12mp and N808 41mp P.V. 3 king of Nokia.

• Vampyr 1932

Nokia wash away from the soul
the dust of everyday life with phones like N8!
Special and unique phone...

Aadrian , 23 Feb 2016The N8 camera was far ahead of its time and even now 6 years lat... moreYes, agree.

• Vlada

The N8 camera is great in all conditions.

• Aadrian

The N8 camera was far ahead of its time and even now 6 years later it is as good and even better than other phones cameras. The N8 is a safe bet when it comes to camera in my opinion.

• mircea

N8user, 27 Dec 2015I'm a photographer and used this phone all over the world with m... moreYou can buy a refurbished one for 38 usd from aliexpress :)

Bd, 20 Feb 2016Bro, Do u suggest me to buy N8? My only requirment is camera (... moreYes. It's not the fastest camera in the world, but it's still better than most phones nowadays. In low light it's quite good if you have a steady hand (it has no optical image stabilization).
Here you can see a comparison between Nokia N8, 808 PureView and Lumia 1520, Panasonic Lumix DMC-CM1, Samsung Galaxy S6, and LG G4.

• Bd

Bro,
Do u suggest me to buy N8?
My only requirment is camera ( low light sply).

• Nokian

Me., 15 Feb 2016Ok I get u right. I wil try my very best to get to belle refresh... moreSorry to disappoint you. But you just can't get the maps back once its gone. My experience speaks to you. Nokia Maps was renamed as 'HERE' maps and then it was sold off to Audi and BMW to be exclusively used as navigation systems for their cars. So there's no nokia services technically anymore. I don't know about flashing the phone and never tried because I'm obstinate in maintaining a authentic N8 But for maps Google Maps 4.1.1 could be a viable alternative. Glad to help Nokian.

• Shock Corridor 1963

This is not a phone,
this is a monument...

• Me.

MdN8, 15 Feb 2016Facebook and YouTube apps are probably outdated and no longer wo... moreOk I get u right. I wil try my very best to get to belle refresh. I have discovered a sit that I can download the official firmware for installation. The os version is (anna). I have both delight cfm and xeon cfm on my pc but always gets some error pop ups, when trying to flash with phoenix. I will try to flash it with Jaf flashing tool. By the way thanks u, good nokia user.

Me, 14 Feb 2016I have tried to reinstall the map software but it always fail to... moreFacebook and YouTube apps are probably outdated and no longer work with those sites. I just go to FB via Opera Mini and YT via cuteTube2... What doesn't work when you're installing Maps? Do you have Belle refresh or some earlier version (Anna)? I haven't tried the software recovery tool, but once I had a glitch I reinstalled the firmware via Nokia Suite. However, Nokia Suite downloaded the firmware from Nokia's servers and I doubt it's still possible. I'm sorry that I can't be of much help here.