Nokia N9

Nokia N9

• Jim

> In reply to 3Spooky @ 2015-06-30 20:18 from pWTP - click to readyou just click Later, and later again and thats it.

- for opera mini I dont know i never used it

• 2015-07-03 09:04
  • 3q@L
  • 3Spooky

Hi everyone,

I did reset my N9 and now, when I try to start it, it asks for Nokia account. I don't remember the password, and I can't get it back, because of "service not available". So, how can I start my phone now?

• 2015-06-30 20:18
  • pWTP
  • 85

Everybody can know how to download opera mini in this device? It is because every time that I download it, the error message appeared " can't open file because the format is wrong". Please help me, thank you in advance

• 2015-06-28 12:12
  • Kg%L
  • RobertB

That's because Ovi Store from Nokia doesn't exist anymore.

• 2015-06-24 16:57
  • mEAX
  • Bakchod

> In reply to Jim @ 2015-06-03 09:30 from 3q8r - click to readYes, Thank you very much Jim. Due to you only i started successfully Nokia Map and Drive as well.
All appreciations go to you.
I am not able Turn-ON Developer-mode. I followed all tutorial on Maemo talk. But Installation package are not available it seems. I have Terminal installed on N9. Will try with dpkg and update the result. Mean while if you have any other solution please let us know. :)

• 2015-06-24 14:39
  • sST7

> In reply to Videsh @ 2015-06-21 17:15 from Nv6K - click to readHi Videsh,
Sorry for your predicament; many faced those same issues before.
There was an advice for a warning that none should do FACTORY RESTORE, FORMAT OR BUY AN N9 anymore, that Microsoft has finally undone everything concerning N9; I suppose you didn't read the posts of previous users. So sorry.
Community developers have been very helpful in solving these and many other problems.
Type "openrepos.net-Harmattan" into google search bar and go to the website with openrepos.
You'll be very patient as your problems are resolved step by step.
You just have to be patient; developers have some solutions.
Wish you well!
For your current complains, you'll need to read some comments here, about 3 or 4 pages before this very page.
Be very patient.

• 2015-06-21 21:57
  • Videsh

Hello
I'm having a problem with my Nokia N9.
Cannot update.
Cannot Create Account.
Cannot have access to store.
Please Help me

Thankio

• 2015-06-20 03:37
  • 8jJ6
  • Sabbatismos

Please, does anyone know why Facebook app keep requesting for password over and over again, thus not allowing the Chat to work?
Any solution?
Thanks for the help.

• 2015-06-14 08:35
  • Sabbatismos

> In reply to Jim @ 2015-06-09 11:05 from 3qF1 - click to readYes, yes and yes! So Happy, especially for the restored Maps function.
But I really miss Dictionary Star, The Word, Home Screen settings.
Do you have a link to any?
Long live MeeGo!
Thanks to Community.

• 2015-06-10 14:33
  • Jim

> In reply to Sabbatismos @ 2015-06-08 07:44 from ftKc - click to readHave you managed to install everything?

• 2015-06-09 11:05
  • 3qF1

Thanks, Jim and all.
I've been able to read and do as said on the page, and both has been restored.
Thanks. N9 isn't really dead.
But, does anyone know where I can get DictionaryStar and The ++ calculator?

• 2015-06-08 07:44

> In reply to Jim @ 2015-06-03 09:30 from 3q8r - click to readHi Jim
Please can you help me with the detailed tutorial on how to work the Maps and Drive without Nokia Account? Please, I'll greatly appreciate it, as the URL reports that I'm forbidden from viewing the site.
I've tried entering the site via many ways, and its not working for me.
I really need the tutorial.
Thanks. greetdgreat@gmail.com
Please help make it detailing, cause I'm not a techie.

• 2015-06-08 07:07
  • am_fi

> In reply to jim @ 2015-04-25 07:02 from 3qBq - click to readYou can use third party app store for nokia n9 after microsoft shut down nokia store for n9.

you could try to google "nokia n9 openrepos warehouse".
It's app that you need to install and it will allow to access thirdparty software. Community supported, so your mileage may wary.

"anonymous internet guy said: It worked for me."

• 2015-06-07 23:31
  • nSPW
  • 007

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-06-04 16:51 from 3JJd - click to readthis is the right question.Why?

• 2015-06-04 22:46
  • B0@e
  • Jim

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-06-04 16:51 from 3JJd - click to readprobably because they want to sell more Lumias, and they dont care about any other phone Nokia produced.

• 2015-06-04 17:30
  • 3qEI

> In reply to Jim @ 2015-06-03 09:30 from 3q8r - click to readWhy didn't Microsoft move the user accounts to Microsoft services?

• 2015-06-04 16:51
  • 3JJd

Are there any 2FA authenticator app available for N9?

• 2015-06-03 19:02
  • 3JJd
  • 007

> In reply to Jim @ 2015-06-03 09:30 from 3q8r - click to readThanks a lot man!

• 2015-06-03 18:17
  • B0@e
  • Jim

TO ALL N9 USERS: we cant access OVI store anymore, and we cant create new account to download stuff, there is simple solution: https://openrepos.net/ , you can find every application you need there, they are all backed up, and you can download them straight to the phone and install it (I m using filebox and flashlight, but there are a lot of different ones, probably the one most of you will be interested in is whatsup app).

We cannot sync Google account anymore, due to some changes, but you can still have your google mail account syncing via other mail account in accounts menu in N9, yes we lose gtalk, but you can still use mail. There are some solutions for gtalk, it includes installing jabber, I dont know i didnt tried it because i dont use gtalk a lot.

For those complaining about maps and drive not working without Nokia Account, there is simple solution for that too. http://talk.maemo.org/showthre...3&page=4 visit the site and follow the links and instructions to get maps and drive back, it took me under 20 minutes from clearing the device to getting everything up and running.

So there you have it, Nokia N9, they try to kill it, community brings it back to life. I can still check my emails, use navigation, and everything else, as the day it was launched. I had to share this, because i had to clear the device, and was thinking of replacing it, but now no, i have everything i need in a phone. Long live N9.

• 2015-06-03 09:30