Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. LG G2: Neighbor squabble

16 September 2013
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is the Android flagship to beat based on sheer sales, but the LG G2 one ups it in just about every way possible. Two South Korean neighbors and bitter rivals are once again standing in each otherís way, and for us, users, choosing a...

Sort by:

  • vandiver

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-20 02:27 from KID2 - click to read1.yes it has kit-kat
2.personally, I really like the placement of the power and vol buttons on the back. It's natural for me the way I hold a phone. LG put thought into so it functions well and doesn't cause unwanted effects like accidentally ending a call or activating when sat onto a surface. Not just a novelty aesthetic.
3.I highly recommend the G2. It's fast and powerful. Has a beautiful screen. All the features you could want and is a well executed, high quality device all around. And, especially now that the G3 and S5 are out, is a very nice price. It's a lot of phone for the money

My only complaint is the lack of microSD support...

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-24 06:09
  • IbxH
  • DerAstar

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-20 02:27 from KID2 - click to read1. yes it has, and if u try u can install a G3 or Flex rom there
i think its a good deal with price + abbilities

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-22 13:18
  • J8MW
  • DerAstar

> In reply to pix @ 2013-10-04 21:09 from t1$G - click to readyes, i have G2 and i confirm that Amoled is more brighter sharper and better trough :D over IPS but its truly loses against G Flex`s Oled display, i seen it face to face and Oled is much more better then Amoled and no word about IPS :D

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-22 13:03
  • J8MW
  • Anonymous

I have heard rumours that the G2 has expandable storage and replacable battery in Korea. Is this really true?
Please answer if you know about this. Thanks.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-20 02:35
  • KID2
  • Anonymous

Guys, i need some help. If any of you have used the G2, can you help me? I want to know:
1) Does the G2 have 4.4.2 Android version yet?
2) Does the lock button make matters difficult?
3) Would you recommend this phone to someone? Is it good enough to buy?
I would be very grateful if you helped!
Thankyou!

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-20 02:27
  • KID2
  • Muba

G2 good phone as compared to S4 this S4 becomes to hot while using it or charging it.

  • Reply
  • 2014-07-19 01:09
  • fCxb
  • srikanth

> In reply to fazil. @ 2014-01-28 10:56 from 3Yby - click to readLg g2 good mobile

  • Reply
  • 2014-06-13 09:57
  • PAYw
  • masum

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-14 23:44 from 63T2 - click to readLG g2 gooooooooood from samsungs4

  • Reply
  • 2014-05-21 02:36
  • m8{K
  • jhoy

I cannot
Dounlod all application

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-28 14:44
  • tZ03
  • jhoy

I cannot
Dounlod all application

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-28 14:39
  • tZ03
  • Anonymous

100%good hand set lg g2

  • Reply
  • 2014-04-14 23:44
  • 63T2
  • kid

> In reply to Nick22 @ 2014-02-24 01:18 from 4Jad - click to readI went with the G2, but it was a more difficult choice because of the battery and memory issues. Not a big fan of Samsung's design language, but perhaps that's the tradeoff for expandable memory and battery life -- I was very disappointed to see the G2 only have these features in the home market.

But, ugh, the S5 has disappointed me from a design standpoint. The bezel is ridiculous compared to the G2.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-27 19:40
  • 0fxy
  • Nick22

Its fairly amusing to think that despite being a pretty fair comparison of these flagship phones, the fanboys of either side begin to bash one another like angry butt-hurt teenagers.

The s4 was released before the g2 and it puts up a solid fight against it? I'm solely sold on replaceable batter and expandable storage.

Nothing else really matters as the AMOLED burn-in is complete BS overhyped hatred from LG fanboys and that LG COPIED Samsung are hardcore Samsung fanboys..

Get over yourselves.. S4 and G2 are a solid option either way, but I'd pick the S4 only because I like expandability and battery swapping (when the battery decides to finally give out )

Another note, AMOLED only has burn in if you press aggressively against it or leave your screen on for more than 3 hours on a single image... And having owned several AMOLED Phones, I haven't had any fail unless I had abused it myself.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-24 01:18
  • 4Jad
  • Anonymous

The g2 is a piece of crap, can't get 4g LTE at ALL! Can't even get 4g, phone stuck on 3g all the time. Havent seen 3g in almost 5 years! My roommate and I literally sit side by side on the couch and he has a strong 4g LTE signal and I can only get 3g! And he has a galaxy 3!!! Sprint says I'm in an area with the best 4g lte reception they offer and nothing wrong with the network or tower..doubt anything wrong with the phone because I am seeing so many ppl with the same prob with this phone after doing research online..sprint has no answer for me and a rep finally told me that the phone has the worst 4g signal of any phone out and that is why the phone is so cheap/free because they just want to get rid of this phone altogether..DO NOT GET THIS PHONE IF U HAVE SPRINT!!! (not sure how it behaves with other provider networks)

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-07 08:02
  • jBud
  • fazil.

LG G2 The best phone i used in my career.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-28 10:56
  • 3Yby
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-19 09:55 from 3G$6 - click to readThat....And the similarity they talk about are because both are LCD. So both show washy contrast, fake blacks, and semi similar color. But like you said the color balance itself is going to differ.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-20 00:06
  • 4QSR
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Optimus G @ 2013-10-02 17:39 from thYH - click to readThats so dumb your computer screen and a mobiles screen are alway going to be different unless you collaborate your screen to match your phones screen. You guys bang on about knowing what colour looks best but don't even know yourselves.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-19 09:55
  • 3G$6
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Your also a fanboy @ 2014-01-08 13:06 from v0qZ - click to readAnd to top that off even though I specifically pointed out I was not against the G2, only replied to your bashing and crap, never bashed, only shared facts, and these are the only comments you read....
And you say you read most of my comments and tired of me saying crap against the G2??? Are you high?
All my point originally ever was that as a packaged deal the S4 can still offer many advantages and has an S800 version to boot.
You're the one that got all hurt over it.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-14 12:16
  • 4QSR
  • Anonymous

> In reply to Your also a fanboy @ 2014-01-08 13:06 from v0qZ - click to readWow....It took you a long time to scribble that up didn't it?

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-13 12:40
  • 4QSR
  • Anonymous

Samsung rules with galaxy s4 .Amazing screen and superb audio quality .

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-11 20:23
  • rAQw