Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

• Egghead

> In reply to Raj123 @ 2014-11-20 14:52 from 9Jc9 - click to readEither you're lying, never used Android before, or simply stupid. I own both an ipad and galaxy note tablet, and i've found the galaxy note tablet far more useful than my ipad for work purposes.

• 2014-11-23 03:42
  • t7Lu
  • raj123

Does anybody have used OTG of the tablet. I tried using two otg readers to read my SDCARD but both of them never worked. the specification says it has host usb feature, I am not sure it never detectes any usb device plugged in. I checked all the options in setting but never found a mention of OTG or USB host. If anyone has experience please share.

• 2014-11-21 13:58
  • 9BPx
  • Raj123

I have been using Note P605 from last 9 months. here is my expereince.
The tab is average. I think those you have never used iPad will probably like it. I brought this tablet to replace my iPad and use it for some productive application. But I am little dissappinted.
Samsung has packed a very powerful hardware with a week and un-intuitive software. I think I should rather blame Android than Samsung. This tab comes with all the nonsense android junk which you dont want, Virus, unwanted installations, Sluggishness, unmanaged RAM in the background etc.
-One of the biggest disaapointment is when using the pen, although the sensitivity of the pen is very good so is the writing experience but, the 2 touch buttons placed near home are annoying. The moment you touch these buttons whatever you have written is either gone or you have to strugle to navigate and get it back. One way is to rotate the tab and use it upside down , but I didnt like rotating the tab idea.
The sketch pad is a crap. I think they never experimened with what would be the real need. The paper size selectable in the sketch pad is abnormal and i didnt find any customisation for the same. I couldnt use the sketch pad or note pad watever you call for my needs and for whatever reason I brought this device for.
The sticky note is good but I was not able to write something and copy paste from there as text. Very small things Samsung missed.
I am not sure if this is a problem with android, but the photos and pictures organisation is too confusing. It is impossible for me to navigate the picture I have stored. I have to strugle to find the place my pic is stored which was too easy in my iPad. thats the reason I said samsung didnt work on user intuitive behaviour they just put an powerful hardware and left it to customer.
battery charging will take an year if you dont use standard supplied charger. Battery drains within short usage or no usage. For this reason I stopped using this device unless I badly need to do something writing on the screen.
I am not sure why many of the apps run in only one orientation of the screen. some run only in potrait, which is annoying but may not be in control of samsung.
Overall its very dissappointing gadget. If You are Samsung and android fan this may be for you. But for me Samsung had to work on battery and application and I will call it a very primitive device.

• 2014-11-20 14:52
  • 9Jc9
  • ss

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-16 20:30 from Shwb - click to readInstall Sensor kinetics full version and run the real time test on Game Mode. You get pretty reliable results

• 2014-11-19 09:51
  • 3JgQ

how can I test proximity sensor in galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P601 ? and what is the success result for these tests ?

• 2014-11-16 20:30
  • Shwb
  • ARMIN1980

Also same issue asphalt 8 lag on medium and high resolution.

• 2014-11-16 08:08
  • 3Y2w
  • ARMIN1980

Also same issue asphalt 8 lag on medium and high resolution.

• 2014-11-16 08:05
  • 3Y2w
  • xpert

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-16 06:06 from 6p2b - click to readI believe middle east/africa goes together in terms of samsung firmware update.
I have being waiting hopelessly since forever , no kitkat update for Africa ( Nigeria ) till this very moment, and other OEM's are pushing lollipop already. #sadsamsungcustomer

• 2014-11-16 07:52
  • N9@S

Does anyone know when Kitkat will be available in Saudi Arabia?

• 2014-11-16 06:06
  • 6p2b
  • razi91

i have problem with S note after update to kit kat 4.4.2.,.,very bad lagging and take so much time to saving the document.,.,

• 2014-11-14 02:24
  • ibmp
  • xpert

Why does asphalt 8 lags on medium/high settings on my sm-p601 (4.3 jb)
Plz help guys.thanks

• 2014-11-13 12:52
  • N9@S

I've always love Galaxy Note Series since i use Note 2, Note 10.1 2014 edition's good for all user but in some reason there's an apps compatibility issues to use in landscape mode so i have to turn the device 90' degree but beside those problem i didn't have any other issues.
I've use this device for about 1 year and really helpfull device

• 2014-11-12 22:51
  • tDMY

Does this Samsung galaxy note 2014 edition have excel?

• 2014-11-11 10:27
  • ftVg
  • nanivon

Got an ugrade to 4.4.2 a couple of weeks ago. Then, after that I experienced a lot of problems with the apps I'm using. My twitter now is saying its not compatible with my tablet. Also, everytime I tried to download a series from Torrent now, it wouldn't work. I was doing fine with the 4.3 OS before. Now, the upgrade to the new OS sucks!

Anyone experienced the same thing?

• 2014-11-10 09:27
  • UD%n

> In reply to Jnk @ 2014-10-13 03:08 from IWUY - click to readDeveloped sudden flickering.how do I resolve it. Samsung 10.1 tab 2014 edition

• 2014-11-09 03:59
  • CDEr

> In reply to RoOSTA @ 2014-11-02 10:46 from sG$x - click to readthere is a 3.5 audio port!

• 2014-11-03 16:03
  • 6p2b
  • RoOSTA

Great performance. Huge resolution. Cannot understand the lack of a headphone jack port...but then again, Samsung usually lack a brain when it comes to basic hardware integration. Eg: Galaxy S5 has a FM radio chip inside the phone but Samsung DEACTIVATE it. That means, instead of listening to local radio as it happens, you need to connect to the internet to use your data and potentially download previously uploaded podcasts. Stupid, Saumsung... Stupid.

• 2014-11-02 10:46
  • sG$x
  • hotlips

Will my tab p600 get 4.4.4 update? Has anyone heard if it will!

• 2014-11-01 21:11
  • dQ9w

> In reply to john @ 2014-10-18 04:57 from t5Fd - click to readLCD on note 10.1 super amoled on tab s.better disp. Quality is all, plus finger print sensor

• 2014-11-01 07:45
  • i2YU
  • Joey Love Melle

I want Kitkat in my Note please...

• 2014-10-26 07:57