Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Gino76, 19 Mar 2017I am avoiding Amazon UK as I had a very bad experience with thei... more356MB system update installed today (Europe) - Android security patch from 01-03-2017 and Android Kernel version from 28-02-2017.

• 21 hours ago
  • mSnt

Mochagirl, 22 Mar 2017Got a Samsung Galaxy 5S Neo, does anyone know how to get the FM ... moreUse any headset for antenna and RTFM p.75:

• Mochagirl

Got a Samsung Galaxy 5S Neo, does anyone know how to get the FM Radio working?

me007, 19 Mar 2017Every reputable shop would be fine, most of them also have home ... moreI am avoiding Amazon UK as I had a very bad experience with their CS. Perhaps an installment plan?

Anyone else here got the March security update for their S5 & S5 Neo?

Gino76, 16 Mar 2017But would u rather buy from reputable/known high-street entities... moreEvery reputable shop would be fine, most of them also have home delivery at lower prices.
Amazon was just an example for Internet shopping with very good customer protection policies. The customers also give very good customer rating of all the items - you may check up the other customers opinions there.

me007, 16 Mar 2017Well, the prices of Samsung Galaxy A5 Gold 2017 at Amazon co UK ... moreBut would u rather buy from reputable/known high-street entities & shops such as Argos or Carphone Warehouse?

Gino76, 12 Mar 2017After my not-so-good experience with one Xperia after the other ... moreWell, the prices of Samsung Galaxy A5 Gold 2017 at Amazon co UK are little different - starting from £309 (€339 at Amazon de).
Android Nougat update was confirmed for Galaxy S7 and S6 and available (on https://samsung-firmware.org/nougat/) and I beleive Galaxy S5 Neo (August 2015) will get update too. Android updates are normally supported for 2 years.
The prices of new Galaxy S6 (April 2015, from £349.99) and used Galaxy S7 (March 2016, from £352) are low, however I would not buy used smartphone (just because normally people are selling their new phones after accidental drop in the toilet or after significant repair/scratches).

me007, 12 Mar 2017You may consider also the new Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) with 3GB ... moreAfter my not-so-good experience with one Xperia after the other especially with battery life (I have basically done all battery saving tips under the sun known to man apart from rooting the damn thing) and slow/unoptimised camera I'm hesitant to get another Sony phone. Although saying that the XZ seem a fairly good phone. So thinking about the pricing of the expensive Galaxy A5 2017 (which is a good phone but price is too bloated, no OIS, a slower USB Type-C, a so-so speaker & camera and no Nougat out-of-the-box) approximately around £350/€370 price range I'm now thinking either a used/second-hand Galaxy S7 or the Xperia XZ? Comments & advice PLS.

Gino76, 12 Feb 2017I had bad experiences with Android phones in the past 18 months ... moreYou may consider also the new Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) with 3GB RAM, 32GB internal, better processor. A new 2017 version smartphone would be better (2 years support for future Android versions).
Both Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and Sony Xperia Z3 (2014) are IP68 certified (dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes).
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (2015) is IP67 certified (dust and water resistant, water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes).
Not sure if under water would be possible to use touch display - for underwater photos would be better to have universal underwater plastic case, touch display is working there.

• Ks

Gino76, 12 Feb 2017I had bad experiences with Android phones in the past 18 months ... moreI will say go with sony. I had sony z1. Totally water proof. I wash my phone some times while it's on. my co-workers also tested my phone nothing happened,unless there is a damage or you drop ur phone on floor.

• kb95gy

Miken, 07 Mar 2017So my s5 neo just recently has received an appearance change and... moreGo to Settings > display > icon background

your welcome

So my s5 neo just recently has received an appearance change and I don't like the way the apps looks they all have a bubble type border above each regular apps normal icon how do I change it back to normal

Kim, 06 Mar 2017I am constantly trying to do updates and my phone tells me I don... moreJust move most of the apps from the internal storage to the external storage.
1) Go to Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager ==> (every App) -> Application info -> Storage
Then change the Storage used -> Internal to External for all the Apps where that is possible.
2) You may also Go to Settings -> Storage -> Internal Storage -> Used space -> Apps
Then move most of the apps to the External storage (not all of them could be moved ).
Change the Storage used -> Internal to External for all the navigation apps. Then you may download again all the necessary countries or continents of OSM maps to the external storage.

• Kim

I am constantly trying to do updates and my phone tells me I don't have room. I have a sd cars in it. But can't move over all the items I want to. I really don't have a lot of apps on my phone. Is anyone else having this problem

• Yorkshire Fox

Has anyone got the latest security patch yet? Jan or Feb 2017?

bl123, 02 Mar 2017Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo get updates on nougat 7.0 / 7.1?There is no confirmation yet for Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo to get update to Android 7.
You may check up for the latest updates at: https://samsung-firmware.org/nougat/
Also for the list of confirmed Samsung smartphones for Nougat update at: http://www.androidnougat.net/s...ugat-update/
However you may install Nougat style launcher from from Google Play, there are several Nougat Launcher apps.

Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo get updates on nougat 7.0 / 7.1?

• Skininx

My S5 neo is garbage. Freezes up constantly. Ive continued to do my cleanups and restarts etc. I even bought Avg think8ng maybe I had a virus but no virus detected.

I have only owned Galaxy phones sinc ethey first came out and this is by far the worst one.

I give it a 3.5 out of 10 and thats generous.

Asylumsix , 14 Feb 2017Bluetooth is very short range... Microphone sucks for recordi... moreThere is definitely NO PROBLEM to use Galaxy S5 Neo as a media phone:
(1) Perfect for using as a VoIP phone (with or without camera for Skype, Google Hangouts).
(2) There is no problem using any headset for handsfree VoIP talking (including PC type USB headset with USB to micro-USB connector).
Bluetooth headset devices however many times have compatibility problems, battery is another problem too.
(3) There is no problem of using any PC type keyboard with USB to micro-USB connector.
(4) Galaxy S5 Neo has great FM radio as well.
(5) No problem for voice recording from FM radio or headset.
(5) Perfect for Full HD video play (any type) with headset, emails, ebook reading, Flipboard news, navigation device or for fitness.

• djevit

Gino76, 12 Feb 2017I had bad experiences with Android phones in the past 18 months ... moreI can not compare the different models, I only have the s5 Neo.
But I can say that I'm quite pleased with its waterproofness.
The first month I had the phone I fell in the water whilst sailing.
I was in the water for a few minutes and my phone was in the pocket of my pants.
When I was back on land I opened the phone and saw drops on the outside of the
waterproof rubber. I wiped them off and closed the phone again.
I never had a problem with it and in daily life I use my phone as my mp3 player
during biking. I live in Belgium, so we have plenty of rain, and I never experienced
problems, eventhough my phone sits regularly in a sooked pocket...