Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

bl123, 01 Jul 2017When is update to nougat Nothing official is confirmed. However, the SM-G903W (Canadian variant) now has Wi-Fi certification under Nougat. That's a good sign that it might be getting an upgrade.

• Radu

Hebberz, 10 May 2017This phone constantly freezes when I have a text message convers... moreIt happened with wife's unit, exactly after the MM update. I bought a new sd and that nuissance never occurred again. I suspect that somehow the sd card broke at the update. Hope it helps

Shafiq, 03 Jul 2017hi my s5 neo sucks cant turn on wifi and bluetooth Restart to the factory settings

• Shafiq

hi my s5 neo sucks cant turn on wifi and bluetooth

billben100, 23 Jun 2017just read that s5 neo was spotted on GFXBench with android 7.0 n... moreWhen is update to nougat

• billben100

just read that s5 neo was spotted on GFXBench with android 7.0 nougat, We got the march security update so that means that s5 neo has not been forgoten

I don't know why you guys have so much trouble with your unit, mine is fine with the plastic chrome around the USB port chipped, I've rooted it, played a lot of games and I can say I'm not satisfied of the performance in games but in the rest of the apps is snappy.
This device received a security update recently and I think there will be more in the future.
Some apps were crashing for no reason but it's not always the phones fault, is the developers problem.
Used it for nearly 2 years and it's still going strong and also I've used it in the shower, left it in a bucket full of water while playing a music video and no water the damage.

• MadasHeck

Micro USB on the bottom of the phone for charging failed after only a few months and become intermittent and unreliable. Finally, exactly a month after my warranty was up it has completely stopped working. Micro USB's are a terrible way to charge a phone, and will not purchase another phone that uses this method of charging

Hebberz, 10 May 2017This phone constantly freezes when I have a text message convers... moreNot always the problem is with the phone, sometimes there are apps with software bugs.
For example, after upgrading to Android 6, Google Mail app was not possible to open. I sent a message to Google support and in 1-2 days the problem was fixed.
Also the Camera app was restarting sometimes before, when using together with navigation, and with Android 6 this Camera app bug was fixed.
In case you use specific app with a software bug, then you may stop using the buggy app and report to the app support for fixing the bug. You may start using any other similar non-faulty app. It could be also 2 apps you use at the same time interfering with each other.

Hebberz, 10 May 2017This phone constantly freezes when I have a text message convers... moreI do not know what you errors occur continuously. I just know that I am with this phone I have never had any problems, and that means something to you, as the phone works perfectly and without error.

• Hebberz

This phone constantly freezes when I have a text message conversation open and am receiving a text message from the person I have the convo open with or from other contacts. It constantly tells me my "SD card is unmounted" yet it was replaced months ago, due to this error always popping up. I have always sworn by Samsung ever since the Samsung galaxy s4 but this phone has errors that, for some reason, cannot be repaired... (According to Eastlink) bullshit, in my opinion.

bl123, 08 May 2017Forget Android Nougat 7.0, I heard that will arrive Android Oreo... moreCorrect: Samsung Galaxy S5 is included, that means Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo too. However the UK release date of Android 8.0 Oreo is expected August/September 2017...
List of Samsung smartphones Updating to Android 8.0 Oreo:

Forget Android Nougat 7.0, I heard that will arrive Android Oreo 8.0 update for Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 Neo :))))

How do you get screen rotation to work even when it is switched on? G s5 takes beautiful photos but doesn't print out any full view photo only up-right ones🤔

Marco b music, 08 Apr 2017I hate this glitchy phone! Everything is great until you use Blu... moreThere are glitchy Bluetooth devices - I still have a Bluetooth handsfree which could not work with ANY smartphone, I tested it with a lot of different smartphones.
The Galaxy S5 Neo is just fine for using with Skype or Google Hangouts. However the smartphone is not for LIVE video+audio because of lack of optical zoom and image stabilization, video without zoom and image stabilization is not usable. LIVE audio without video is not usable too.
For LIVE video+audio it would be much better to have with you a small camcorder with 12X+ optical zoom and 14X active optical stabilization. It work really well.
Still you may use your smartphone after that for video files processing (free VideoPad app works well) and playing or placing videos on youtube - I have done that during my vacation.
I have got Android 7.0 on my Galaxy Tab2 tablet - not much difference from Android 6.0. I do believe Galaxy S5 Neo will get Android 7.0 later, however Samsung is really careful with new software updates after the Note 7 battery problems.

• benbill100

I have been using my neo for music since it came out I have never had a problem with Bluetooth I purchased a pair of akg y50bt headphones and it sounds great, I have found out by trial and error that depending on what music app you use the music sounds different so if your music sounds odd try another music app, as for recording music on your phone......WHY...... its a smart phone.

• guy

Marco b music, 08 Apr 2017I hate this glitchy phone! Everything is great until you use Blu... moreRecording music, really? Not making phone calls?

I hate this glitchy phone! Everything is great until you use Bluetooth or try to record live music. At this point this phone is terrible,detrimental,to your ability to work on live sessions because the mic clips and the Bluetooth is enough to make you feel like killing yourself it is do glitchy and unreiable. This is a great phone if you don't use it for live recording or listening to any music,which is why I bought a smartphone! While trying to remedy this extraordinarily frustrating flaw with the tech support from my service provider he told me that this phone notorious for the problems I am plagued with and I should take advantage of the 9 bucks a month I pay and send it for free warranty repair. I did this and was given a loaner phone that was so bad I brought it back to trade in for something that worked. During the data transfer key intellectual property was lost and I was charged data by my provider for putting the apps back into both of the loaners. A week went by and I was called and told my phone was back from repairs. I joyfully skipped to my service provider and retrieved my phone. About a week and a half later it all begins again. I am taking it back and they must attempt to get it right 2 times before they will give me a phone that actually works for the things I have purchased it to do. If you like music or play music and want to get a phone to record live gigs of just song so you can critique your performance DO NOT GET THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 NEO because as a tool for a music video recording or music playing device it is aggravating and counterproductive to the creative process. Get something with a better mic that has the Bluetooth bugs worked out of it already. I will be back there tomorrow
to attempt to rectify the situation.

Will SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 NEO to get an upgrade to Android version Nougat 7.0 / 7.1?

The Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo it's also called New Edition?