Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

me007, 16 Jan 2017You may try to speak with included Samsung in-ear headphones and... moreWhy would I use headphones when what I hear is not a problem. It is me talking in low tones into my own phone's mic that is not being picked up. It is like a setting such as "noise reduction" is set on the phone. Is there such a setting on this phone? And if so, how do I remove it?

• 17 minutes ago
  • X9I%

me007, 14 hours agoPalita, you may add that you destroyed several other phones alre... moreWell, it's right, I can be really clumsy and I've dropped many phones in other occasions, I had a Samsung Galaxy 5, two Samsung galaxy SIII mini, a Moto G 2nd gen., Moto G4 and currently a Huawei P9 lite, and I can say, this is the first screen I brake, and I had it inside a case, with a screen protector, and not even the screen protector got broken, just the screen exploded on the inside. The other phones were stealed (damn delinquents!) and still have the galaxy SIII mini and the moto G2. The Moto G4 got damaged because I had to struggle with a guy who tried to take it from me, but still, intact screen
Anyway, I'm glad you got a good device and I hope it never happens to you what happen to my phone, because screen replacement is really expensive ;_;

Palita, 17 Jan 2017This phone is CRAP! I bougth it last year and the screen is too ... morePalita, you may add that you destroyed several other phones already, like your Moto G4:
"-I'm a kind of cellphone destructor but if I'm going on with a too much fancy phone make me a easy target to cellphone burglars"....
Then your post here will not be needed.
My advice to you is to take better care for your gadgets.

• 14 hours ago
  • mSnt

This phone is CRAP! I bougth it last year and the screen is too much fragile, I meant it break again 3 days after I repaired it in an official Samsung service, and i I did it TWO TIMES, too expensive for a low quality product

Cindorella, 15 Jan 2017I just purchased the Samsung S5 Neo as an upgrade from my Samsun... moreYou may try to speak with included Samsung in-ear headphones and recording with Sony Audio Recorder app. It should be better. I have however much better result with no-name neodymium in-ear headset (with ear hooks, I use them for FM radio). You may try test recording with any on-ear neodymium headphones (with mic) in the shop too (neodymium headphones are always with better bass, there are versions with noise cancellation too).

I just purchased the Samsung S5 Neo as an upgrade from my Samsung S3. The only issue I have is that the microphone is not picking up low noises (which were picked up by my old phone). I speak in a low voice so my parents can hear me as both have hearing problems. With this phone I cannot find in the settings anything that can be changed regarding 'noise cancellation' or a way to set the microphone sensitivity. I tried recording using S Record and again, can barely hear what I am saying. When I speak normally on other calls, others can hear me just fine. Suggestions - can anyone help?

• MrsH

What can we do to safeguard our data from apps with S5 Neo ?

sandy, 08 Jan 2017what can I do on my S5 neo if i do not have internet...I know i ... moreThere are still a lot of free public WiFi locations, even there are apps that may show to you on the map all free WiFi in your area (shop, Internet coffee, public train, etc).
Galaxy S5 Neo has great navigation (GPS/GLONASS, accuracy 4m outdoors) with Nokia Here WeGo (perfect car navigation, free OSM maps for every continent/country), Map Factor Navigator (free OSM maps, car/walking voice navigation) Scout GPS Navigation (1 free OSM map) or Google Maps with offline maps. Perfect car navigation device with an universal smartphone vent mount.
Galaxy S5 Neo FM Radio is great for fitness/walking, perfect fitness companion with running armband (with Samsung Health or Google Fit or Google My Tracks for more details). Later you may use Google Maps + Your Timeline on computer for checkup your daily activity/driving navigation history (with Google account for navigation).
Great for full HD video play with head set (any video format, 64/128GB micro SD card are cheap now, you may download&place videos from youtube/your TV recorder).
Good for ebook reading (Google Play Book, Amazon Kindle).

sandy, 08 Jan 2017what can I do on my S5 neo if i do not have internet...I know i ... moreYou can still use WiFi, to access the internet and update APP's as required. Without data, you won't get live screen updates on stuff like the Time/Weather widget. Also without data on, your phone will last a lot closer to the advertised standby, talk and use times on their ads as without data is how they calculate those numbers. I personally don't turn data on unless I'm out and about and need it to check a local bus schedule otherwise I turn it off myself.

I'm in Canada and I'm with Freedom (used to be called, Wind Mobility) and I have an unlimited data package but I still choose to turn data off. Besides even with 4G service, the WiFi N network is a lot faster. Plus without data, you'll have to rely on free WiFi hotspots to connect and even then your speed is limited to whatever speed they are giving for free... usually it's a/b/G, but never N or higher.

Plus dropping data from your phone package may not work with that provider as some insist if you have a Smartphone you must purchase phone service with a data package unless you own the phone and are not locked in some plan.

Also dropping data from your service also means you won't be able to use the Hotspot feature to share your internet with others and other devices. When I'm out and about and I require a larger screen to work on, I bring my WiFi only tablet with me and I turn on the Hotspot feature on my phone to give internet access to my tablet. Or share internet with friends who decided to drop or not get a data package themselves.

linda, 07 Jan 2017i got a new s5neo I maybe doing something wrong but it constan... moreJust go to Setting-->Notifications and switch off all the unnecessary Apps notifications excepts one Email, Calendar, Skype.

• sandy

what can I do on my S5 neo if i do not have internet...I know i can text but can I do anything else...i am thinking of cancelling my internet.....

• linda

i got a new s5neo I maybe doing something wrong but it constantly beeps until i check what ever it is new that has come in . even notifacations on face book email messanger and others probably updates . I wonder how anyone could take the time to constantly keep checking stuff. especially at work or kids in school etc. Am i doing something wrong

• benbill100

K., 05 Jan 2017Supposed to be resistant to moisture, how did this happen to you... moreUnfortunately some cases do restrict signal I recently got a rjust case that looks great but signal goes down to about 2 bars on signal strength, but that one case is entirely made out of aluminium.

• K.

trying to help , 03 Jan 2017Its your battery if moisture got to your battery you need to rep... moreSupposed to be resistant to moisture, how did this happen to your phone?
Just switched from an S5 to the S5 Neo, do I need a different phone cover? My call reception outdoors is worse than my old model, I am using my old Otterbox cover.

• trying to help

Ticked off, 14 Dec 2016Has anyone had issues with their phone overheating? This S5 Gal... moreIts your battery if moisture got to your battery you need to replace the battery about $40 Canadian. And do it before it causes permanent damage to the phone.

• 3wer

i have samsung s5 neo for a year and its working fine i am happy with it. I even managed to hit it hard on the floor a few times and it still worked

megs, 24 Dec 2016I am having problems with my s5 neo as well. I've only had it fo... moreNo microphone problems with my Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903F), it is working like ordinary phone even with Skype calls or with computer USB headset (with USB to microUSB connector). You may check-up if you phone (SM-G903W) has the latest specific software version for your service provider (https://samsung-firmware.org/model/SM-G903W/). There could be provider relevant software version feature needed.

• megs

I am having problems with my s5 neo as well. I've only had it for a few weeks and everyone I speak to either hears themselves echo, or I sound underwater, and I can't receive or make calls to my friend in the U.S. (I'm in Canada). My provider -FIDO- is not very helpful, and I'm disgusted at the difference in quality between the SIII, the SIV and this piece of junk.

• Cheero

Anonymous, 21 Dec 2016Have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo purchased Feb 2016. Purchased becau... moreHave you tried you S5 Neo with a wireless mic?

Anonymous, 21 Dec 2016Have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo purchased Feb 2016. Purchased becau... moreI have the very same problem with the original bought in June 2016. I'm on my second phone now and it is echoing to some and sounding like it's under water to others. I am going to report issues today but am weary about Samsung after being a satisfied BlackBerry user of 4 phones. What a pain.- Metoo