Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4

Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4

• Prashant

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-09-22 16:02 from 9xpx - click to readStop lying again and again.

• 2014-09-23 02:46
  • Rooster

> In reply to HS4 @ 2014-09-21 13:39 from X{ea - click to readYou need to clean the charging port, u can use some deodorant and a ear swab and clean the port properly, it worked fore after cleaning...goodluck

• 2014-09-22 23:20
  • U{7H
  • Oindrilla Sen

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-22 09:05 from 3JbJ - click to readSorry to be butting in, but I thought I should say something here, for I myself have gained about 30% battery life by the procedure darkgamer has outlined. Li-ion batteries have no memory effect - absolutely right, which means 2 things basically :

1. We can charge the battery anytime we want, it matters little whether it has 40% or 80% charge.
2. Therefore the 500 charging cycles that you have rightly mentioned can each consist of several partial charging-discharging. This is in stark contrast to Ni-Cad batteries which should ideally be discharged to near 0 before charging again.

Calibration is a different thing with a different purpose. Although the battery doesn't have a memory effect, after several partial charge-discharge, the battery.bin file may reset itself with the result that it will send out a critical battery alert when maybe the battery has 40% charge in actual fact. It has nothing to do with the battery, but how the Android system interprets how much power is left. The same is true of laptop batteries - they also need to be calibrated once in a while.

And dear, don't think the Samsung guys know everything. I am rather tempted to say, based on my 3 encounters with them in 3 different cities, that they know next to nothing.

• 2014-09-22 21:04
  • bCHj
  • BPM

BATTERY Mah is very low atleast 4000 mah batery need for S4

• 2014-09-22 19:03
  • HsGk
  • darkgamer

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-22 09:05 from 3JbJ - click to readPure BS you got there.

The issue the guy is telling there is a clear indication that either the battery is faulty or it's not calibrated.

If the mediaserver was running in his background I'd doubt that he would get even 1 hour on-screen time but he's getting 3.

Don't comment on things you have no idea about. And spend your time in learning english rather than writing BS here.

Yes, I can be rude.

• 2014-09-22 16:05
  • darkgamer

> In reply to Prashant @ 2014-09-22 12:55 from t}AK - click to readJust enable automatic brightness and look dead on. I doubt you'll have any problem in reading or other basic stuff.

The screen is decently visible in sunlight. Better than any other LCD except the iphone 5 and 5s.

Take a look at the xperia smartphones or LG ones. They are unusable in sunlight due to very reflective glass. s4 is way better.

Now stop whining about the same issue again and again.

• 2014-09-22 16:02
  • Prashant

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-09-22 06:15 from 9xBI - click to readAny solution of S4's weak sunlight legibility dear Shubham?

• 2014-09-22 12:55
  • t}AK

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-09-22 06:15 from 9xBI - click to readdarkgamer- 1- lithium ion batteries have NO memory gauage set ot reset as you advise .. s4 batteries have a total recycle life of 500 .. working life of any phine battery is roughly 12 months on moderate use .. battery daily drainage from 100% on a new battery is caused by power hungry apps running in the background and of course- web browzing ..
s4 battery gauage reset is your own imagination -NOT SCIENCE .we conctacted samsung who say there is NO SUCH THING AS BATTERY GAUGE RESET FOR S4 ETC..

• 2014-09-22 09:05
  • 3JbJ
  • G@sh2401

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2014-09-21 20:24 from vGMk - click to readAgree with this point. I have mine since May 2013, and no issues. I guess as the price decrease, they also reduce the quality of hardware. After all, we have paid a lot higher premium than those who wait for a price drop.. so, we deserve to get a better quality product...

• 2014-09-22 08:14
  • ceK9
  • darkgamer

> In reply to Rby @ 2014-09-21 20:44 from tjKK - click to readI suggest a battery gauge reset.

Drain the battery fully. Phone will shut down. Now start the phone without plugging the charger in. The phone will still start up. Now drain it again. Repeat the procedure till the phone doesn't start anymore. Now plug in the charger and charge up to 100%.

Your battery will be reset. Tell me the results.

• 2014-09-22 06:15
  • 9xBI
  • Prashant

> In reply to satya @ 2014-09-20 22:22 from XuBy - click to readNot very good,only good.

• 2014-09-22 04:29
  • Rby

@Darkgamer, Bro I might asked you so many questions before and this time also waiting for your response. Today my friend was playing a hd game in my phone. Though I get only about 3 hours of on screen time (I told you earlier), he returned the phone seeing alert of 15% battery and I kept it locked. I was watching a cricket match then and didn't touch the phone for a long time. After AT LEAST an hour, I had to make a call and when I looked into the phone, I got very much surprised seeing the battery level increased to 24%. It happens most of the time but not at a level of 15%-24%. Then again it started eating up the battery like hell. I use automatic brightness and 3g enabled but all the fancy features/sync are disabled. I DIDN'T DO A HARD RESET AFTER THE KITKAT UPDATE. what's the reason behind my 3 hours of on screen time and why my battery increases automatically? Is the battery damaged or the phone??? Please suggest me what to do with my phone...

• 2014-09-21 20:44
  • tjKK
  • Nik Vel

People.. when S4 was released last year in India as well we were getting units from Vietnam,Korea etc and those units still do not have any issues i believe. I have this since 2013 June as I have not faced any issues yet and screen too is strong.And I believe as days passed in India people what getting post Oct 2013 are units from Noida/Gurgaon Samsung Plants and we started hearing so many issues and concerns on S4. Have same experience with a friend of mine as well who ordered S4 via online,that too have so many issues.

• 2014-09-21 20:24
  • vGMk
  • Prashant

> In reply to [deleted post]You compare Moto G2 with S4! Hahahaha..Somebody plz stop my laughter..

• 2014-09-21 19:44
  • darkgamer

> In reply to [deleted post]Be really happy with your sealed 720p snapdragon 400 phone with an LCD.

• 2014-09-21 18:58
  • Hsd

hi frnds..i bought new battery..but still it is draining very fast even when it is not used(screen is off). and it also charges very fast( from 40% to 60%) in just 5min, only one thing is good which i see that there is no sudden drain in new battery when i restart my phone( only 1% drop from 41% to 40%)..pls tell what should i do..should i visit samsung service centre? im fed up with all this.

• 2014-09-21 16:13
  • HktX
  • HS4

OTG is not working on my S4?
What could be the reason?

• 2014-09-21 13:39
  • X{ea

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-20 14:39 from KhhG - click to readandroid 4.4.2 is the latest for now

• 2014-09-21 12:46
  • fsVb
  • satya

It's a very good Smart Phone

• 2014-09-20 22:22
  • XuBy
  • Prashant

> In reply to [deleted post]$420 in india today,check mysmartprice.com.

• 2014-09-20 20:37