Sony Xperia P

Sony Xperia P

• maxym

> In reply to Z! @ 2013-02-04 12:23 from JKg$ - click to readDepends on how long Your cycling trips will last. GPS is notorious on consuming large amount of battery capacity, so if we talk about couple hours you might look elsewhere (in much higher price range).

BTW GPS assist is in use only when initiating GPS signal lock (if there is data connection available), after that there is no need for assist function.

• 2013-02-04 22:29
  • prkm
  • Ashu

M looking frwd to get one....juss concernd fo its battery life...only 1350 mah battry...dual core wd 1gb ram...dos'nt battry life slip quickly???'''

• 2013-02-04 14:17
  • Hs8Q
  • JellaGarnet

> In reply to Sbdevilmind @ 2013-02-03 14:56 from Xuek - click to readThank you so much sir, this will really help. Can i ask again what are the problems with this phone?

• 2013-02-04 13:09
  • t7U1
  • Z!

I'm planning on buying an Xperia P but battery life is a big concern. I'd need the phone mostly to listen to music during my workouts and track my cycling trips which requires GPS on for the whole trip. How long do you think the battery would last with GPS assist on?

• 2013-02-04 12:23
  • JKg$
  • Sbdevilmind

> In reply to ayaz @ 2013-02-04 07:44 from K2Ff - click to readIt's a problem with the latest .54 ICS update. Rectification will be made on our JellyBean update. There is a fix available but that needs CWM and Root access. Here is the fix, just flash from CWM.
Or use 6MP mode to take pics. The problem is with the full resolution images only...

• 2013-02-04 10:53
  • Xu67
  • Sbdevilmind

> In reply to IamWhatIam @ 2013-02-04 09:36 from GFnA - click to readIt's imported. Hence no India warranty. But I don't give a damn..... It's 6K cheaper..... I can live without warranty. XDA community has all the guides on how to repair dead phones....

• 2013-02-04 10:49
  • Xu67
  • IamWhatIam

@Sbdevilmind: How is it possible to sell with such price??

• 2013-02-04 09:36
  • GFnA
  • Kushan Sachintha

Which one will give the best headphone experience from Xperia P and Nokia N9...?
Guys please help me find that...!

• 2013-02-04 08:28
  • PScD
  • ayaz

i face a problem in my Sony Xperia P camera at night when i take photo then photo color turn yellow and when take close picture then half is dark & renaming OK.

how can i Solve this problem??????????

• 2013-02-04 07:44
  • K2Ff

> In reply to pavankumarachar @ 2013-02-01 08:05 from 7qBP - click to readGo to settings > apps > running> choose an app u want to stop/ kill.

• 2013-02-04 04:19
  • th6b

> In reply to nasir.talal @ 2013-02-02 06:59 from u1vM - click to readput your camera on 6 Mp then turn off the cell phone then turn on and problem solved ... :) .. i have faced this problem :) bt it solved after doing this :P

• 2013-02-03 18:45
  • K63q
  • Sbdevilmind

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-02-03 15:02 from v0qJ - click to readWell.... you should try CM10 or ParanoidAndroid. Many based on them are available on xda. Do some searching and post your top 3 choices. I will tell you which would be better.

• 2013-02-03 16:01
  • Xuek

> In reply to Sbdevilmind @ 2013-02-03 14:21 from Xuek - click to readHehe, I already had a lot of help from you at neo v comment section. Do you have a link for neo v jelly bean? I mean, the best available. I got the official ics but I want to try JB on it, anyway I'm trying to experiment on it because old old.

• 2013-02-03 15:02
  • v0qJ
  • Sbdevilmind

> In reply to JellaGarnet @ 2013-02-03 14:48 from t7U1 - click to readAbsolutely... P is WAY better than those two.
1. Higher resolution screen.
2. 8MP Exmor R camera (superb photos and 1080p videos)
3. 1Gb RAM.
4. Metal body (feels very expensive)
5. Will get JellyBean update on March end. Being a dual core phone plus have 1GB Ram..... makes it just perfect for almost everything.
TIP: If you are from India, buy from eBay. Xperia P is 17K there instead of 23. Unless you want original Sony india warranty I suggest you to get it for 17K (warranty is handled by the seller). Once you learn how to use FlashTool, you won't even need that.....

• 2013-02-03 14:56
  • JellaGarnet

Hello! I'm planning to buy this phone. Is this phone have better features than Xperia J or Xperia Neo L? What can you say about its features especially the camera's quality, battery and is the OS fast? and besides I'm not a heavy user of phone. I just want to take clear pictures and listen to music. So, can you recommend me to buy this phone? :D Thank you!

• 2013-02-03 14:48
  • t7U1
  • Sbdevilmind

> In reply to DHRUBONIL @ 2013-02-03 14:22 from PEqf - click to readWhich internal storage are you talking of? The 2gb one is meant only for apps (ext4 format, not meant for media storage).
Picture size is normal. Usually bigger size than normal photo is due to higher ISO settings, i.e Night time pictures (lower compression to help reduce noise, hence the bigger size). It's nothing odd. P has a 8MP camera, what can you expect?

• 2013-02-03 14:37
  • Sbdevilmind

Those of you here who know the custom rom 'ParanoidAndroid' probably know that it has a unique feature that allows to change the DPI of applications on our phone. That too set separate settings for each app. Changing DPI (say, lowering the value) will make the letters and UI elements of an app seem smaller, hence allowing it to display more info on the same screen area. But many guys are unable to enjoy it because that Rom needs an unlocked bootloader, which is something that can't be achieved without ruining warranty.
Anyways, there is an alternative solution. All one needs is a rooted device. Rooting is easy, I have rooted my P recently. Follow this guide on xda after rooting to install the necessary framework and apk that allows us to custom change per app dpi settings.

• 2013-02-03 14:30
  • DHRUBONIL

>> Per picture is consumed 2/3 mb....is
nt it consumed much???
i m facing album problm also.....is thr any
way to make folder in the 'album'??....and
how can it is possible to save the taken
snaps in the internal storage????

• 2013-02-03 14:22
  • PEqf
  • Sbdevilmind

> In reply to PAUL @ 2013-02-03 13:35 from v0qJ - click to readHi there..... you talking about me? I do know a thing or two but it's still not enough to match the geniuses on xda.
I am available in this group now. Ask me anything related to modding and I will guide you well.

• 2013-02-03 14:21
  • lilly

what is the best setting to save up battery & can anyone tell me how to know RTN (refurbished status) in xperia P.

• 2013-02-03 13:50