Sony Xperia Z

Sony Xperia Z

Device build is flawed with covers for charger and sim becoming a nuisance, screen randomly cracked one day and no touch worked ever again, Sony seemed to know this was an issue and replaced the device without ever requesting the original back... same issues with new device so traded up...

Apart from that strong performer, might of gone for later models but got annoyed with crappy Android delays.

DO NOT PURCHASE SONY, 24 Nov 2015Dear Friends I suggest you to do not purchase Sony Cell phon... moreI have the sony xperia z1 compact Android v5.1 and it woeks awesomely

• ciccio

I've bought it today, used at 100 euro.
Wonderful phone... :)

• panky

since using 2yrs.great phone ever..

same here buddy!!
been using it since 2.5 years.

• Mishka

Excellent phone I still use today,only problems I've had a few times is the screen freezing up due to my heavy usage! As said before it does like to get a little warm when gaming but what do you expect from a 2 year old phone? I still love it and it serves my purpose so not going to changing anytime soon.

• Ermina

I have this phone since launch date, (2013. January) and my user experience is flawless. Android 5.1.1 Lollipop works great, cant complain, this is the best phone that i had.All accessories including the DK-26 dock, runs great. And a camera is awesome. Really didnt get disappointed cuz all time working Just fine. This phone i would gladly recommend.

DanteDR, 01 Dec 2015Well, for the people who were not lucky, I'm very sorry for them... moreI have Z3 and will not buy new phone at least 5 years. Don't buy new phone because the new snapdragon 830 is coming soon and will support up to 8GB ram.

• rx7

is sonyxperia z magnetic charger theame with xperia z1

Well, for the people who were not lucky, I'm very sorry for them. I have the European (I live in Spain, so I don't know if there's a difference between the European, American, or Chinese version of the XZ):
I have this phone since launch date, and my user experience is flawless (2GB RAM, 16 internal, 32 external, 5.1.1 Lollipop, All accessories including the DK-26 dock...) and I have friends who has the latest Samsung smartphones, and trust me, each heavy video game my friend and I installs, runs great on this XZ. It warms a little due to heavy gaming, it happens to almost all Quad Core phones. Live with it. But the Sony Xperia Z saved me tons of cash by not buying another smartphone. 4G, NFC, GPS, all working ok. (Unless you're a fisher and are in need of a very expensive GPS gadget...).

lakshan, 01 Dec 2015I think buy sony z.is it good? Is it heat when use internet.plll... moreSony phones are amazing. Can heat due heavy gaming. Don't heat due surfing internet.

• lakshan

I think buy sony z.is it good? Is it heat when use internet.plllz help me some one

tarek, 26 Nov 2015i see that some people are happy with sony experia others are ba... moreDon't believe them my friend Sony phones are much much better and durable then laggy Samsung, crazy iPhone and many other phones. I have a Sony xperia Z3 and it is amazing phone with fast and smooth ui, perfect camera and most important excellent battery life.

DO NOT PURCHASE SONY, 24 Nov 2015Dear Friends I suggest you to do not purchase Sony Cell phon... moreIf you don't want want to buy Sony phones then buy laggy and crazy Samsung phones. My Z3 works without any problem. Sony phones are excellent just use it careful.

• imran

Sony
Plzz change the batry get down sound
It scares me...plzzzzz update fast

• sqweras

Anonymous, 30 Nov 2015i'm using this phone for last 2 years, and now its suddenly dead... moreSimmillar is me problem. Now is at guarantee.

• imran

Sony
Plzz change the batry get down sound
It scares me...plzzzzz update fast

Lasis, 30 Nov 2015In theory it's a good phone, in practice - not so much. But ther... moreP.S. Oh, I forgot! Problem number 4 - despite data calls being turned off, the phone did made regular daily data calls, really small 15-40k, but I had to change tariff plan, otherwise it was too costly (had a plan with 0 bites included). That had to be some software issue.

In theory it's a good phone, in practice - not so much. But there is a catch, that's not my personal C6603, it's from my workplace and I'm the third user as far as I know, guess there was a reason why the first guy dropped this phone and got another.
Problems include (in the order of appearance):
1) GPS receiver is far from perfect, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, "GPS test": shown that it does register satellites but fails to get a lock,
2) a couple of times it seized to signal about incoming calls, no sound, no vibration, nothing, only a pop-up window appears, and I'm not the only one with this problem. Had to reset to factory settings twice, then this problem disappeared as suddenly as it started,
3) now I often don't hear people talking to me, while they hear me perfectly well. Restarting the phone helps for a short time, but seems I need to do it several times a day.
So in summary - less than 3 years old Xperia Z is a really nice small tablet, with really good camera, big screen with high resolution and quite powerful hardware, unfortunately it all too often fails to serve as a phone. I was really enthusiastic about it being somewhat dust, water and slightly shock proof, as I often ride a bicycle, so I could get a cradle and put this phone on my bike while riding, but if the GPS doesn't function properly, then what's the point in doing so?

Anonymous, 30 Nov 2015i'm using this phone for last 2 years, and now its suddenly dead... moreLikely our phone has really, really low charge, so it's "brain" has no power to turn on and direct the process of charging, this has happened to me a couple of times too.
Basically, plug in charger as usual, leave it for a little while, then press and hold ON/OFF button, which gives an extra "kick" and helps the phone to rise up, usually it helps almost instantly, however some guys went so far as to fix the button pressed with a tape.