Sony Xperia Z

Sony Xperia Z

• meme

What's the internal storge that's available to use ?

• 2014-04-14 11:51
  • fkSW
  • PetetIT

> In reply to mahesh @ 2014-04-14 07:43 from PSLa - click to readHi Manesh,

I'm IT Technician. I'm working with pc, laptops and phones. If this was happened to me I was going to order new LCD screen from ebay or aliexpres for $110 and replace it on my own. If you have any knowledge or experience go for it. If not, it will be much cheaper if you bring the phone to local phone reapir store and get it fixed for you. That's my recommendation. I this will help you to decide what to do next.

Peter IT

really?

• 2014-04-14 09:49
  • Iaec
  • Mahmoud

I'm thinkng about buying it, should I do it ? I was thinking also in note 2 or nexus 5, which of them all is the best ?

• 2014-04-14 08:42
  • fkSW
  • mahesh

I GOT A SONY XPERIA Z 11 MONTHS back.. now the touch is not working as there is some crack on d sreen....they told that it cant be recovered under warranty,,..i asked them to replace the screen ...they told that even it cant be done as it is unrepairable set....they asked to pay 80% of the cost to give the new set...can any one suggest me how to get it repaired please.....

• 2014-04-14 07:43
  • PSLa
  • srinivasan

when update to kitkat

• 2014-04-14 07:18
  • utvh
  • rusinstein

had the phone for 25 days now and I must say I love it! :D

with most comments about the phone, I basically experienced the same thing.

the screen is fantastic. I love the UI and the colors of it. I'm not bothered about the viewing angles, not one bit. it is a personal item and having bad viewing angles is actually a plus for me, specially if I'm on public places/transportations. 5/5 for me.

music is excellent. the default player is Walkman and it's sound is great, more so if you have a good pair of headphones. I'm using a Sennheiser and the sound is just fantastic. 5/5 for me.

camera is decent. I've never had any good camera phone and I'm never impressed with any camera phone that I've had, except for the Nokia N82. now that's a great camera on a phone. on Xperia Z it's quite ok. not bad but not great. my s3 took better pictures. 2/5 for me here.

design and build is great. I love the shape and weight of it. I actually prefer smartphones that are not too light, and this one's perfect. the only thing that bothers me with the whole phone is the ASF (anti-shatter film). Sony installed tempered glass, which is great cause it is scratch resistant, but they added that ASF (which is highly scratch prone) on top of the tempered glass. and we are supposed to install another plastic sheet on top of the ASF. so basically, two plastic cover on top of a scratch resistant glass. quite a dumb idea really. I wish they just went with like the glass on galaxy S3. gorilla glass with oleophobic coating so that we don't have to fuzz around with it too much and still avoid scratches. I had my S3 for a year and never had a single scratch on the gorilla glass. besides the annoying ASF on the screen, 4/5 for me here.

performance wise, this phone rocks! UI is very smooth even in multi-tasking. I had no issues with the 4.3 os on it yet. I've read some the had issues with it but mine doesn't have them. so far, 5/5 for me here.

battery life is normal for a device this powerful. with moderate use it reaches upto 20-22hrs. not bad since this really is one powerful device. but then again, Sony could have just given us a better battery on it. 4/5 for me here.

so overall, I'm really enjoying this smartphone. really great. I rarely use the camera (if I want great pictures I use my actual camera) so it really doesn't take away any value of it for me. I forgot to mention, the glass front and back (and the clear plastics on the sides) are smudge and fingerprint magnet, specially on the black and purple version. I have the white one and I installed a matt screen protector on the back so, smudges and fingerprints are really not noticeable.:D anyway, that's about it.:D

• 2014-04-14 07:00
  • wu4Z
  • rusinstein

> In reply to kemo king @ 2014-04-13 19:10 from fvyR - click to readNexus 5 definitely. I think Xperia Z will only win against the Nexus 5 in the Looks department.

• 2014-04-14 06:26
  • wu4Z
  • tarek

waiting for final kitkat version is more better having a beta version like other sony xperia coustmers-- you can feel from their opinions that they are not happy frombeta version

• 2014-04-13 23:58
  • NkXF
  • toton24

when update to kitkat

• 2014-04-13 21:12
  • PEWt
  • kemo king

> In reply to honey @ 2014-04-13 11:46 from bCg3 - click to readwhich is better xperia z or nexus 5 ?

• 2014-04-13 19:10
  • fvyR

> In reply to Sam @ 2014-04-12 11:40 from U@bG - click to readsame here. I am also confuse z/nexus5/s4

• 2014-04-13 12:46
  • uNVK
  • honey

greatttttttttttttttttttt phone

• 2014-04-13 11:46
  • bCg3
  • harshu157

if i connect my 2g datacard to my sony xperia z using otg cable it will work or not?

• 2014-04-13 04:49
  • X0{P
  • Bbt

Hi, I've been using this phone for weeks (moving from S2 and S3), and here are my personal review:

SCREEN:
-Yup, the viewing angle issue is there, but it is not that bad (like being told in a few website), overall the screen is awesome. The screen is sharp, bright and natural.

BATTERY:
-Not so good. Even with stamina mode activated, I'm barely able to go beyond 24 hours with moderate usage.

PERFORMANCE:
-Awesome, everything went smooth and no stutter or lag like Samsung product. This probably due to Timescape is not that heavily customized like Touchwiz. Sony Timescape is simple like vanilla android but more beautiful.

DESIGN:
-U definitely gonna love the front and rear glass design.

CAMERA:
-The picture quality is lower than S3 or S2 even though the pixel is higher. It produce a lot of noise. The shutter speed is also slow. But overall it is still decent for daily usage.

Overall I would dare to suggest this phone to the one who look for performance, beauty and simplicity.

• 2014-04-13 00:51
  • KZJ9
  • Ehab-Mohsin

> In reply to savethequeen @ 2014-04-11 10:46 from thfB - click to read4.4.2 still not released for all countries ... ur update 4.3 not 4.4.2 :)

• 2014-04-12 22:17
  • NkZD

> In reply to adi @ 2014-04-11 14:22 from KIJ5 - click to read4.4.2 available for z

• 2014-04-12 20:57
  • nU69
  • Amila

superb phone.......( Patta)

• 2014-04-12 17:07
  • iwpB
  • Sam

Is it really worth buying? I'm heard a lot bad reviews about it's poor camera, low sound, pathetic battery & screen cracking issues, really confused between this, samsung s4 & nexus 5,waiting for an honest reply.

• 2014-04-12 11:40
  • U@bG
  • reimon

I got my xperia z last Wednesday and after updating it to 4.3 jellybean my laptop couldn't recognized my phone anymore when connecting it using the usb cable. I done all the things that I can to be able to fix the problem, like restoring it to factory default and reinstalling the pc companion but still the problem is still there. Does anyone knows how to fix this issue, Please help me thanks.

• 2014-04-12 10:10