Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Can anybody tell me dat hw can i change my firmware to V20.Plz reply me frndz my id is email@example.com
- 2009-03-14 15:53
yes you can connect to them but some of them are password protected,be lucky
- 2009-03-14 15:11
i just bought a 5800 on t-mobile in uk....everyones talking about a softe=ware update....which i cant find anywhere...pls someone help me with this...my product code is 0577187
- 2009-03-14 14:59
> In reply to WT @ 2009-03-14 14:26 from uCmX - click to readthe phone doesnt have document viewer but u can download it for free just go to the main menu then click download! icon and then click the applications icon and choice quickoffice and install
- 2009-03-14 14:55
> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-03-14 12:48 from p2Nf - click to readWell you can connect to any wifi there is but you have to make sure that its not security enabled, if there is no lock next to it then you can connect no problems but if there is you're going to have to put in the WEP key to connect to it. So thatks how it works. Post if you got anymore questions.
- 2009-03-14 14:48
i juz wanna ask whether nokia 5800 really hav document viewer cuz 1 of my fren dat bought dis phone told me she cant find the document viewer...
- 2009-03-14 14:26
is there newer firmware than v20 for 5800???
- 2009-03-14 14:03
> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-03-14 13:45 from pJDU - click to readthank you, that helped. another question, maybe u can help with. if i am using a pay as you go sim card, am i charged for using wifi and if so, is it expensive?
- 2009-03-14 13:50
> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-03-14 12:48 from p2Nf - click to readWifi is wireless internet. You can have secured wifi, which requires authorisation to access the network. Or unsecured Wifi, which anyone can access if they are within the range of the Wifi transceiver.
- 2009-03-14 13:45
i dont understand how wifi works. can someone please explain? can i connect to any wireless internet around me?
- 2009-03-14 12:48
I just bought 5800. It came with V11 software. I upgraded it to V20 . A Couple of points I would like to mention.
1) Excellent Screen Display
2) Touch-response is good
3) Impressive list of features
4) Wi-Fi/GPS works well
1) Camera is not very good when taking photos/videos indoors. Infact it is a disappointment as I thought it would be comparable to that of N73(Both are 3.2MP Carl Zeiss). However it has a feature of video light where the twin-LED flash remains on continuously while recording video - something which can be used as a flashlight/torch in case of emergency.
2) Also I have a problem regarding Wi-Fi. I am able to work with Wi-Fi Internet at my home without any glitch but at my work place, where we access Wi-Fi interent thru a proxy-server, there are no settings(or I couldn't find them) to insert any proxy-server IP Address and port settings in the phone's browser.
3) As it is having only touch/stylus as input u sometimes miss presence of atleast scroll keys.
4) Not many softwares are yet available for S60 5th edition. Many of the existing softwares available do not get installed.
If anybody has any answers/questions feel free to mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2009-03-14 11:33
- 2009-03-14 10:43
Yeah its a gud phone to have...Gud camera n a great music n No need to worry abt d msging its as easy as normal phones...
- 2009-03-14 08:43
I purchased 5800 2 months back. Very imprsses with battery backup. But main problem with 5800 is the voice variation problem. As given in Nokia.in section this needs to be given for checkup and repair. Impressed with the speed with which Nokia care has done it.
Overall the phone is worth for Rs 22000/- although Nokia cheated and slashed the price within 2 months upto 2K.
- 2009-03-14 07:49
I am planning to buy nokia 5800.
Can anyone please clear my doubts? I have 2 questions and would be very glad to find answers:
1) Is it possible that we can use 3rd party GPS that will be free for life time, because nokia maps are only for 3 or 6 months free time?
2) How is the speed of Internet using WiFi Lan? Does WiFi speed depends on cpu speed cos CPU is not that powerful in this mobile as compared to some other phones.
Finally how is the overall phone?
- 2009-03-14 06:47
Are u sure it's superb? Any plus points on this phone?
- 2009-03-14 06:25
> In reply to karan @ 2009-03-14 00:56 from w4qy - click to readthey fixed mine. they changed the board becaus. don't worry they will fix yours ...
if you don't get your phone on the time they alloted, then call them and the most effective is to email them. yep! email them!
- 2009-03-14 05:51
> In reply to jono @ 2009-03-14 03:41 from nxZ1 - click to readMaybe your itune stuff is DRM protected..., so you have to remove DRM with computer or try to disable DRM in your phone stings, if that works?
- 2009-03-14 04:06
can someone help me please. transferred some music fro itune to my nokia 5800, but won't play, it says Generl System error. same thing when i transferred a movie from i tune, general system error it said. help.
- 2009-03-14 03:41
> In reply to Marlon Smith @ 2009-03-13 22:46 from fuHg - click to readI hv downloaded mail for exchange. Able to sync with my company server and using it now exactly like blackberry function. Excellence
- 2009-03-14 01:31