Acer Liquid Jade Primo

Acer Liquid Jade Primo

I wish this phone ran Android instead. Could have been a really decent phone.

MSD, 26 Feb 2018the camera is extraordinary!No it isn't. I've seen a lot better.

• MSD

the camera is extraordinary!

Not a good choice. I've bought it when it became cheaper (about half of initial price cca 550eur) but it isn't worth it... It uses the first build of WM10 with no more updates. Very bad camera. And the final drop - it's not working in LTE (european model in europe). So I've returned it to seller and bought L950...

Luke, 05 Aug 2017Your can install Anniversary Update via Windows InsiderAlthough Acer is not passing on updates, you can install Anniversary Update 14393 series manually using microsoft's iutool.exe : google "windowscentral iutool offline" - a bit fiddly and requires a PC... in fact Windows updates are non-hardware specific,like on PCs so better long term than relying on slow phone makers or 'dangerous' Android custom roms.

Overall a superb feel to phone (fast, light, good screen); instead of apps you often need to browse to sites but convenient "tiles" can be set up for favorite sites: apps can fail or get out of date more quickly that websites.

• Luke

Nick, 30 May 2017This phone is worthless, it never received Windows 10 Mobile Ann... moreYour can install Anniversary Update via Windows Insider

Still the best camera out there. The only mistake of Acer is to stick with Windows operating system. I wonder where they are now.

• Nick

aw13, 09 Dec 2016However, the Alcatel is only on T-MobileIt's available unlocked at Amazon for just $275.

• Nick

George, 26 Apr 2017But this phone is indeed cheaper than Lumia 950. It costs $250 o... moreThis phone is worthless, it never received Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update and won't receive creators update either.
My Alcatel Idol 4S Windows received both of those updates. This phone is absolute junk.

• Dewo

2870mah Battery on a 5.5" screen??

• George

Nick, 20 Apr 2017Acer Boss: Gentleman we want to make an excellent Windows 10 Mob... moreBut this phone is indeed cheaper than Lumia 950. It costs $250 on Amazon complete with desktop kit. That's pretty cheaper than Lumia 950.

• Nick

Acer Boss: Gentleman we want to make an excellent Windows 10 Mobile device, have y'all got any ideas.

Employee 1: Let us put a small 2870mAh battery and a big 5.5 inch display.
Employee 2: Let us delay the release date of the phone till the specs become old and outdated.
Employee 3: Let us use a camera that is inferior to Lumia 950's camera.
Employee 4: Let us make the phone cheaper than Lumia 950.

*Boss stares at Employee 4 angrily and kicks him out through the office window.*

• Stanley

Anonymous, 03 Oct 2016Wow windows 10 mobile ? Awesome ! Better than androlag Even I love Windows 10 Mobile but I would still say that this phone ain't worth buying.

• Stanley

aw13, 09 Dec 2016However, the Alcatel is only on T-MobileNo it's not locked to T-Mobile, I bought it from their store, it's factory unlocked. However you would still need to pay $25 for the mandatory SIM and go through the SIM activation process even if you don't want to use it.

For the low price of $288 they're charging for the device I would say extra $25 is pretty nominal.

• Stanley

AnonD-563126, 14 Mar 2017I love this phone despite all of hate,I would still want to have... moreAt first even I was going to buy this device but then I went for Alcatel Idol 4S Windows which was available at just $288 from T-Mobile store, oddly enough it was factory unlocked.

But even though it was factory unlocked and I was free to use any SIM I like with it still then T-Mobile made me pay through my nose for their SIM, they charged $25 for their mandatory SIM and I had to go through the whole SIM activation process, but still I would say it was worth the pain because the features that I got with the Alcatel for a total price of $313 are leagues ahead of this device. Of course I don't use the T-Mobile SIM and I just put my AT&T and Verizon SIM in my Alcatel.

I love this phone despite all of hate,I would still want to have it, the design is perfect 👌

• Stanley

aw13, 09 Dec 2016However, the Alcatel is only on T-MobileIt's finally available unlocked at Microsoft Store.

• Kaz

Now Liquid Jade Primo bundle (with dock, keyboard and mouse) on Boxing Day sale at Microsoft store at C$399. Despite of price, I prefer 950XL (I bought it on Pre-Christmas sale with the same price)
Because
1. Acer Liquid Jade Primo has less LTE bands supported. (Not so good for World Traveler)
2. Acer Liquid Jade Primo has limitation for 2 SIMs or 1 SIM and 1 Micro SD Card.
Yes, I touched/tested both in my hands at the store,
I felt somewhat Acer unit appears to be cheap, doesn't fit right in my palm.
Regardless, I don't need another cheap keyboard and mouse.

• Stanley

aw13, 09 Dec 2016However, the Alcatel is only on T-MobileIt's dual-SIM, you can use another SIM in the second slot.
Or you can go for the off-contract option while buying it and pay one time sum of $469.99, that way you would be able to buy it unlocked. However T-Mobile would still make you pay $20 extra for their SIM which would increase the overall price to $489, but still it isn't that pricey either.
About the SIM, well you are free to either use it or give it to any of your family member or just throw it away, giving away $20 extra isn't that big issue.

• aw13

Stanley, 13 Nov 2016As of now the Alcatel Idol 4S Windows 10 edition which is powere... moreHowever, the Alcatel is only on T-Mobile