alcatel 1S (2020)

alcatel 1S (2020)

• MacroPolo

Anonymous, 20 Feb 2021I used many cheap phones in the past, but this one is the w... moreNFC? Are you sure you are reviewing the right phone? The 2020 1S does not have NFC.

• North

Alcatel 1s 2020 or LG K42?
I saw some review saying that Alcatel 1s 2020 is better choice than LG K42 considering the money you spend on it plus specifications.

Anonymous, 20 Jun 2020Most phones don't let you use SD Cards as internal storage.... moreIndeed, the missing internal storage and the fact that they have disabled the option to expand internal memory with a microsd, makes it almost useless.
32 GB is barely enough to install apps and there's no way of moving them.
Unless there's a custom rom coming, it is basically landfill.

Lucky88, 23 Mar 2021I am currently using Huawei P8 Lite & was performing we... moreBad.

I am currently using Huawei P8 Lite & was performing well on Microsoft apps so my worry was space as for my conpany apps therefore I came across this Alc 1s & interested to buy it tommorow do you guys think will perform?

• Roger1D

Using it for 3 months now, awesome phone for this prize. Camera is minimal, but OS and internet works perfect, battery keep it up for at least 2 days. Fingerprint sensor works fine, no issues there and it's fast (up to 5 fp) same goes to GPS sensor. GooglePlay certified and OS updated already 2wice by Alcatel (security updates). If you are looking for a cheap functional phone with And10, go ahead you won't be let down. Cheers!

I used many cheap phones in the past, but this one is the worst of them all. Camera is really bad. Specs says this phone has 3GB of RAM, well if it drops to 1GB available RAM the phone is useless. Fingerprint scanner is a disaster, can't unlock my phone or log into banking app even with dry hands. Only pros of this phone are huge battery and NFC. I used to say old and cheap Samsung phones are bad but this Alcatel is a complete nightmare.

Alex 94, 13 Jan 20203/32 gb, 3 rear cameras, android 10, 4000 mah battery, nice... moreLast week I picked up an Alcatel 5V as now they are selling dirt cheap in India. Mine is of Black color, I've paid ₹6209 ($85, €70). It was selling €199 a year back. For its price the phone is excellent. The 5 series have much better build quality & exterior design to 1 & 3 series, so quality wise 5V > 3X > 1S even in 2021. I don't know why they stopped making 5 series.

5V do have a decent quality display, which was quite a surprise at this price. JOY UI overlay over Android seems decent to me. The phone looks very premium which is ultra rare in this price segment. The Mediatek Helios P22 get daily jobs done and is every power efficient. P22 uses same TSMC 12nm fabrication process that of Helios G90T, which is a big plus. Coupled with a 4000mAh battery provides stellar battery backup.

India bound 5V's supports a dozen 4G bands which is rare, supports OTG, 128GB microSD card expansion, decent file transfer speeds through microUSB, Bluetooth 4.2, decent audio through headphone jack & FM Radio. A very balanced phone.

A few fun facts I discovered:

1) Alcatel-Lucent is a French company
2) In 2004, a subsidiary "Alcatel Mobile Phones" was formed.
3) A Chinese farm "TCL Corporation" had 55% stake on "Alcatel Mobile Phones".
4) In 2005, Alcatel-Lucent sold the rest 45% share of "Alcatel Mobile Phones" to TCL.
5) Now TCL had 100% control on "Alcatel Mobile Phones".
6) In 2015, Nokia bought Alcatel-Lucent.
7) Nokia now have complete rights to Alcatel trademark.
8) Since then Chinese brand TCL, designs & manufacturers phones under "Alcatel " trademark license from Nokia.

Complicated, but we are actually buying Chinese phones with a French brand logo. This does not mean the phone is bad in any way.

Great battery life

• Hotrodd3r

I bought one to replace my Alcayel Idol 3. Except for the battery, the Idol 3 is way better.
Really bad sound quality, the screen doesn´t block during calls, you can block it yourself, but when you unblock it it goes to the main menu instead off call menu. Also it turns off and restart sometimes and you don´t get it until you need to use it, so you´ll miss a lot of calls.
The battery will survive for a day+ even with heavy use.

Idk, 03 Nov 2020Its actually a Good phone! For 90 dollars youre getting som... moreKM2007

• Idk

Its actually a Good phone! For 90 dollars youre getting some Good stuff. The 720p display is hit and miss. In menus etc it looks Good but on some yt videos it looks bad but on most of the yt videos it looks Good.

The 4000 mah batteri is awesome and lasts through 1,5 days for me.

Camera is Good, tho videos looks not that nice.

I mean everything about this phone is Really Good except the build quality and the 2,5 d glass screen so put a screen protector on this phone!

• michael

bought this phone in ireland and works well

• Mazzo

The touch screen is sometimes unresponsive and feels rough - not as smooth as my Moto E6 plus. The backlight is dull, even on full settings, and in comparison to my Moto E6 plus screen - which is vibrant and bright, and it isn't even on full settings. The Alcatel is sometimes laggy. The speaker is awful. The camera is good.
One last thing - the ridiculous key thing that is required to take out the sim/memory drawer, which is on the side the phone. So, you will need to take it with you wherever you plan on going, and if you plan on accessing the sim/memorycard port, without it, you wont be able to gain access to it! Score 2/5

• CristianCamiloOcampo

I want buy this phone. ¿Compatible Band 28 with Claro and Tigo? I am from Colombia.

kweku, 02 Jul 2020i experience freezing unexpectedly, a lot and then the phon... moreIn fact I bought mine two days ago. It will not freeze or lag, but all of a sudden restarts on itself and very annoying. I factory reset it and have not experienced it for hours now, hope it works.

• ben dover

its so good and cheap that i can buy one everytime i break it

Alcatel finally made a decent smartphone. Nice performance and cheap.

• khanlala

Very nice set in entry level category. Got one for my brother he is very happy from this phone. Very good battery backup, camera is average, one drawback is doesn't have type-c port. Close competitor is Redmi 9A.

I just purchased Alcatel 1s 2020. I wanted to increase the internal memory by formatting an SD card as internal memory. Unfortunately the only option I get is " format as portable storage'. I want to know if this phone doesn't support formatting an SD card as internal memory. Thanks