alcatel OT-995

alcatel OT-995

• Mike

AnonD-55204, 20 Jun 2012Mike read the specifications for this phone first !I did read them. But Alcatel wrote me " None of our phones can support such Skype."
I know Alcatel OT-995 has 1.4 GHz.
But it;s about the chipset.. Is it ARM7 Neon chipset?
Anyways.. I'm from the Netherlands and they sale this phone. And people could write their experience and some people also wrote that Skype works but NO Video. For some reason it was disabled. I think that Alcatel should step forward and make a clear Video with features.
The never do that.. They only show the spb shell 3d interface but not what else this phone can support and what not. I like the OT-991D but also it does not support Skype Video Calls even tho it has dual camera.. Strange to bring out a phone in 2012 with a chipset that does not even support Skype Video Calls
2012 phone should at least have a ARM7 chipset. Whats the point having dual camera and Android 2.3 even updatefor android 4 soon but not even having a good chipset.. Anyways.. Thanks for your reply
Appreciated Thanks.

Mike, 20 Jun 2012Well.. Thank you for sharing the info. I contacted Alcatel a co... moreMike read the specifications for this phone first !

• Mike

rin, 20 Jun 2012well i actually tried skype on my phone over wifi before actuall... moreWell.. Thank you for sharing the info.
I contacted Alcatel a couple of weeks ago.. This is what they wrote me:
Dear Mike,
The Skype is only compatible with Android phones with frequency more than 600M and ARM7 instruction,and now none of our phones can support such Skype.
We sincerely apologize the inconvenience!

Should you have another request, do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for choosing Alcatel!
-------

That's why i just had to reply to your comment.. Because how did you get the Alcatel to work with Skype Video Calls..
Anyways.. I guess your lucky =)

KOKAKOLA, 18 Jun 2012Please make a little test of this piece ! i love this phone ! , ... moreThe OT-995 is much better than honor as it has bigger screen,hdmi output,same specs,bluetooth v3.0,better UI and is around 60euro cheaper.Only the camera is 5mp unlike honor's 8mp.I've also heard that honor has many hardware problems!

• MXS

Besides the black one the alcatel OT995 is now also available in white in the Netherlands.

• rin

Mike, 19 Jun 2012Hello, Skype with Video Calls?? How did you make it work and wh... morewell i actually tried skype on my phone over wifi before actually purchasing it. all we did was download the app from googleplay..enable video calling, and it works just fine..even using it to video call my bf every now and then..a bit unstable using data connectivity tho but it works just fine :)

• Mike

AnonD-59791, 19 Jun 2012Fantastic and cheap phone. Skype works with front camera, flash ... moreHello, Skype with Video Calls??
How did you make it work and what Skype Version did you install? I know Skype without Video works.. But Skype with Video Call over Data 3G and over WIFI??
Thanks

• Alain

There is bug when using the youtube application.
fresing picture. Bad sound when listening to music :-(

This is very good but better is the alcatel 0t-986 does anybody knows when will it be available in europe

Fantastic and cheap phone. Skype works with front camera, flash also works :)

• KOKAKOLA

Please make a little test of this piece ! i love this phone ! , like the Huawei Honnor

• zeingarous

look like a very good phone I am going to buy it this month

• MXS

Anonymous, 18 Jun 2012but isn't that true with all phones.My biggest consern with this... moreMy Wifi-experience is good and is performing better than a Galaxy Nexus 2

Axl, 12 Jun 2012Actual working RAM of a 512 mb RAM is actually less than 300. Th... morebut isn't that true with all phones.My biggest consern with this phone is the wi-fi reception compered to other phones I have heard that there are some problems not big but where others phones had bad reception this phone had NONE

AnonD-59159, 15 Jun 2012is this a dual sim phone?NO

is this a dual sim phone?

rin, 13 Jun 2012ahh yes...i tried testing it outside and it works well..myb my l... morehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJHbmTgTdM

• it's a trap

Well, it's been 3 weeks with this thing in my pocket, but a few days ago i noticed a "stuck pixel" on the screen, unfortunately. So i guess the price is right for the equipment they used to build it. The pixel though, not very noticable, only in the bright colors you can see it. I don't think the warranty would even cover it, they'll just send me the phone saying "nothing's wrong with it". So i won't even try.

I am still satisfied with my purchase actually. I won't allow this small thing to bug me.

• Ella

I recently bought this phone & it is pretty good so far. i have downloaded a few apps & it hasnt lagged or anything yet. everything is great but besides that the 'going back' button doesnt really work properly, should i be concern ?

• me