Amazon Fire 7 (2017)

Amazon Fire 7 (2017)

• LJ1374839

Jason., 08 Aug 2021This device really sucks, why didn't they give it sim ... morethere is a way to install apks just look it up and also when did they discontinue it???

This device really sucks, why didn't they give it sim and good camera feature, d tabs cant move files, it dont even have file manager, cameras are doll, it cant install apk apps,

Rj Kumar, 03 Apr 2021in my honest opinion, this tablet sucked, my mom's tab... morewell amazon's devices aren't terrible, but this specific device was, fire hd 10 was not bad, only flaw with it was the lockdown os

in my honest opinion, this tablet sucked, my mom's tablet (which was this) has broke when she did not use this in a while, shows how good amazon's devices really are

Michael18751, 27 Jun 2020It's just SO SLOW! Like my Galaxy J3 (2016) Performed bette... moreThat's likely due to the small amount of RAM the kindle has.

TheWildShadow55, 31 Mar 2019These are good tablets if you use Launcher Hijack and insta... moreIt's just SO SLOW! Like my Galaxy J3 (2016) Performed better! The tablet has some better specs than the J3 but I know for a FACT that the internal storage is extremely slow. The tablet played Minecraft much better than the J3 but the J3 loaded faster and was more snappy. The Kindle loaded so much slower and does have a higher framerate but even going into things like the main menu in Minecraft are extremely slow on the Kindle Fire.

I have one of these, and I initially thought it was a piece of garbage until I discovered this thread on xda: https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/development/unlock-fire-t3899860/

If you're willing to do some work (install Linux and take apart the tablet) you can get this thing running stock android, and it runs pretty well.

amazon is currently selling a refreshed version of this tablet (2019) on their website now. why isn't the new version on gsmarena's website yet?

These are good tablets if you use Launcher Hijack and install the google play store. Especially good if you get it for free

• neo

Dont buy it. Go ebay or aliexpress buy any tablet same price. better then this junk

• Rick67

Good device - with a couple caveats. I "hacked" mine to install apps from Google Play and not just Amazon Apps store. Google offers many good apps I use regularly that aren't available through Amazon. The 8 gigabyte version fills up very fast. I don't have a huge amount of apps installed and it's already complaining about low storage.

• ImAnonymous

I (like many people) purchased one of these tablets last year during Amazon's Prime Day sale. I must say that I'm shocked at how well it has held up. Sure, I may not have used it as much as my other tablets (two iPads and a Surface), but when I did use it I am always amazed at what you can get for $30 USD (on sale). I was a bit hesitant with the resolution of the display, but it has turned out to be pretty usable. I mainly use my Fire for watching media I have stored locally or on my storage server, and it works decently for that, but I haven't tried things such as Netflix and Amazon's streaming services. Spotify works well on this device. The biggest issue I've had with this tablet is the audio level. Even when turned all the way up, it always tends to be a lot quieter than my other devices. I use Spotify on all of my devices (4 iPhones, 2 iPads, Microsoft Surface and all my other computers) and I've never had this issue with anything other than this Kindle with regards to low audio output. It's not limited to Spotify though. This tablet has been really nice for the price, and I'd definitely look at other Kindle Fire devices when I go to get another tablet. Sure, the specifications may not be amazing, but it's not too bad of an experience.

A great starter tablet...full of features and more available. Glad to see amazon finally installed Bluetooth... Alexa here we come. For £29 you'd be mad not to buy one!

Cpu is very weak.around 5 times slower than hd 10(2017)

• pecadorl

To much experts here...

AnonD-441601, 15 Aug 2017Plastic and durable? WTF :-) And 1GB of ram is good for no... moreYou are so dumb. It doesn't lag at videos, videos don't really care if the tablet has 1GB or 4GB of RAM. It works excellent, it just can't keep many things in RAM. And if you close your apps manually, you don't even need RAM because that's the whole point why there is RAM in a device.

AnonD-441601, 16 Aug 2017Thats only your opinion and its unreal. yes it is my opinion, but trust me it isn't unreal in practical world.

AnonD-387634, 16 Aug 2017yes, it is plastic, but it is enough durable, not on the le... moreThats only your opinion and its unreal.

AnonD-441601, 15 Aug 2017Plastic and durable? WTF :-) And 1GB of ram is good for no... moreyes, it is plastic, but it is enough durable, not on the level of nokia 6 but close enough. you see it can withstand lot of drops and stress. And yes 1 gb ram is not enough, but amazon has optimized the software to run videos and surf web without an lag. it does lag however when you throw high end software or games. I know that because i own one.
7 inch screen and 2980mah seems like a joke, but they managed to get 8 hours of screen on time out of it, thanks to the lower screen resolution, low power chip, and good optimization.

AnonD-387634, 15 Aug 2017those people who just want to have a good time by reading, ... morePlastic and durable? WTF :-)
And 1GB of ram is good for nothing even an video or in ternet will lagg.
Many people just doesnt know how to shut running aplications on backround so soon or later but probbably soon this thing will lagg like hell.
Anyway 7 inch screen and only 2980 battery its like a joke.