Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020)

Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020)

• 3SG
  • 31 Jul 2022

I bought it for an offer at 40 EUR

For this price it's of course wonderful.. But I understand when people complain

Btw Google play can be side loaded easily

I personally love the HD 8.
    It DOES have its little quirks and hissy fits but the good points FAR outweigh the bad.
    The addition of "show mode" really seals the deal for me.
    I use mine for a whole variety of reasons and wouldn't be without it!

Anonymous, 29 Jul 2021is this tablet good or samsumg a8 for online teaching??Samsung is better I will not recommend this , I have this for almost 3 years now , to many problems .

My Thoughts And Opinions About This Tablet .

So I have this tablet for about almost 3 years now and its been one he'll of a ride with this thing , the first year of having this tablet was great , it worked well battery life lasted a good while to but the second year , problems started arising from it becoming very slow and unresponsive bit the battery life on it though is still alright . I will not recommend this tablet to anyone though as its not worth it for your buck , there's no play store or iOS store and the apps that Amazon provides in there app store is so horrible , your better off buying another tablet .

• E
          • Elevators are cool
          • M3f
          • 17 May 2022

Ok Amazon is not even trying. Also I reckon that due to Amazons mistakes in the past, the camera spies on you

• t

• t
              • the-avatar
              • N1a
              • 13 Mar 2022

dankcuddlybear, 28 Nov 2021Can I hack the bootloader and install Android on this?no sorry, some old versions of some previous amazon tablets can be rooted but recent ones impossible, if you try you will brick your tablet

• A
                • Akakakak
                • CGH
                • 16 Feb 2022

I wish the tablet came with a flashlight at the back of it

• GLU
                  • 15 Feb 2022

dankcuddlybear, 28 Nov 2021Can I hack the bootloader and install Android on this?its not necessary. look it up on google and youtube. theres some settings you change and then it will let you install androids google playstore. no hacking needed.

• m
                    • meme man
                    • Gg5
                    • 18 Jan 2022

dankcuddlybear, 28 Nov 2021Can I hack the bootloader and install Android on this?perhaps

• Rich
                      • qJx
                      • 16 Dec 2021

The tablet is good with one exception: There's no way to have it respond to another wake word other than "Alexa." My gen 8 (2018) tab responded to "Amazon" when in Show Mode. I've tried multiple change suggestions to no avail. If anyone knows how to change this unit, please let me know. Thanks RJ

• d
                        • dankcuddlybear
                        • m5r
                        • 28 Nov 2021

Can I hack the bootloader and install Android on this?

• s
                          • sheeluv
                          • 7XY
                          • 15 Sep 2021

Anonymous, 29 Jul 2021is this tablet good or samsumg a8 for online teaching??I think it's good for online teaching once you disabled all amazon features using the fire toolbox. For me, it's better than Samsung A8. My neighbor has that kind of tab and it doesn't last long.

• Gx4
                            • 10 Sep 2021

Good Tablet for tge price.
                            I used ToolBox to install Google Play Store. b3cause Amazon lack apps.
                            Everything works fine and are very snappy.

Only thing, is apps loaded from Google Play Store will not have Notification.

• B
                              • Babu
                              • XND
                              • 02 Sep 2021

Anonymous, 29 Jul 2021is this tablet good or samsumg a8 for online teaching??It is best for reading pdf.

Anonymous, 29 Jul 2021is this tablet good or samsumg a8 for online teaching??Assuming you mean the Galaxy Tab A (2019): Go for the amazon fire tablet, it’s cheaper, with front facing video support > none (if GSMArena is to be believed), similar performance (although neither will be brisk), USB-C > microUSB, landscape camera > portrait camera. I would recommend watching a comparison or two before buying, but from the spec sheet alone; the Amazon Fire HD 8 is better for cheaper. Just keep in mind that the play store isn’t on the Amazon Fire series, so that amazon can get the 30% cut from app purchases, and also unless you pay extra at the start, there’s an ad on the lock screen. Hope this was helpful ;)

• SYx
                                  • 29 Jul 2021

is this tablet good or samsumg a8 for online teaching??

• s
                                    • sheeluv
                                    • 7Xj
                                    • 14 May 2021

I bought this tablet for everyday use and it works perfectly fine for me. I just disable all amazon features using the fire toolbox. Now, it's like an android tablet with a cheap price. With its 2GB/32GB RAM, I managed to prevent lagging with a 128GB sd card as internal storage of my tablet. I installed more apps and there's no lag. :)

• jNm
                                      • 18 Oct 2020

Unless you're a total Amazon fan you have to get the Amazon Toolbox off of XDA and download it to a Windows PC OR VM, if running Linux or MacOS. Once you use the Toolbox to disable the Amazon software and install the Google Play Store it acts pretty much like a regular Android tablet. Yes, once you disable stuff you can still shop on the Amazon app with it, read/download Kindle media and watch Prime video.

• O
                                        • Ok
                                        • rfe
                                        • 15 Oct 2020

HolidayJim, 23 Sep 2020Yes, you can install Google PlayStore on this Kindle. Yes you can and disabled amazon eco system