Android security update for April brings many fixes for Pixel 2, Pixel, and some Nexus devices
Google releases a monthly security bulletin that contain its newest security updates and sometimes functional updates. Today, Google has released the full list of fixes and changes that will come with the April OTA update.
- Assisted dialing support for Pixel 2
- Improve VoLTE - VoWi-Fi handover during emergency calls for all Pixels
- Reduce delays upon opening certain apps for Pixel 2
- Enable IMS911 on certain networks for all Pixels
- Improve magnetic sensor performance for Pixel 2
- Improve modem stability for all Pixels
- Improve stability for Pixel 2 devices in part of Canada for Pixel 2
- Optimize search logic to improve battery performance for Pixel 2
- Prioritize certain data bands for all Pixels
- Improve switching between Wi-Fi and LTE for Pixel 2 XL
- Improve audio speaker performance during calls for some Nexus and all Pixels
There are many more tiny updates and fixes in this update. Some changes are specific to regions, specific to carriers, or specific to certain carriers roaming in certain regions. Check out the source link for the full bulletin with all the incoming changes.
Cool story bro
- 03 Apr 2018
Presently using the V30, still have my Nexus 6P and before that used Xperia Z1. If V40 isn't great I may go back to Sony.
- 03 Apr 2018