Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra ZU680KL

Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra ZU680KL

Zamolxe, 20 Aug 2020Honor Note 8 is 16/9 ratio aspect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... morebut Asus is a better brand then Honor which is Huawei

• Comblago

Anklebeck, 01 Nov 2020Sorry but it is nil impossible to buy one currently. Yes, i own one! Thinking about selling it....... Man, dont want to give it up! The size, the screen...... Excellent phone!

• Anklebeck

Bad_man, 19 Dec 2019Is there any place where I can buy this phone actually?Sorry but it is nil impossible to buy one currently.

Honor Note 8 is 16/9 ratio aspect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Super Amoled 2K 2560/1440!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fool man.....

• Steven Raj

All Asus phone poor signal.All ways signal disconnected.
Best phone signal
One plus one very best 5T
Huawei
Oppo
Sony
Samsung
Lg.

• Bad_man

Is there any place where I can buy this phone actually?

• Chuckdaarsonist

This has been one of the best phones that I have had thus far. Even with the phone being best phone in 2017 and us going in 2020, this phone still gives a lot of phones a run for their money. Great battery life and the video display is bananas. I will miss this phone soon as I go to the Asus ROG 2 phone. But this phone was something to turn heads with all the time.

• DXB

Kpekus, 24 Jun 2019I have been on the lookout for the second edition of this p... moreWe are thinking in the same way but you can add the round corners too.

Kpekus, 24 Jun 2019I have been on the lookout for the second edition of this p... moreI fully agree with everything you said

Hughtash, 28 May 2018Contrary to specifications on gsmarena.com, ZU680KL has dua... moreIt supports a micro-SD card. I have a 256 GB micro-SD card in mine.

I have been on the lookout for the second edition of this phone. I am refusing to buy any of the newer phones in this size category because none of them actually matches this phone in design. I am briefly going to touch on the aspects of the phone that are important to me.

1. The size: 6.8". This is a true 6.8" phone. You are not shortchanged in any way. There is no notch, no holes, no tear-drop... none of such nonsense which eats away from the screen real estate. You get all of the 6.8" display as your screen for your immersive viewing pleasure. Even though I love on-screen soft buttons, the back and recent apps buttons are capacitive buttons on the bottom bezel of the phone, leaving you all of the 6.8" screen for content consumption or for creativity. No compromises at all.

2. The bezels. While bezel-less phones are the current trend, I'm actually in love with the bezels of this phone. The top bezel houses the front-facing camera, the LED notification light, and the earpiece. The bottom bezel holds the home button and the two capacitive buttons for the back-action and for your recent apps. This is a very sensible, mature, and traditional design,

3. The 16:9 aspect ratio. A huge factor in my reluctance to buy any of the newer competitors to this phone (such as the Huawei Make 20 X and the Honor Note 8) is the departure in their design from the 16:9 aspect ratio. These days smartphones are narrower. They are designed with 18:9, 18.5:9; 18.7:9, 19:9; and 19.5:9 aspects ratios. Meanwhile, most videos are shot in 16:9 aspect ratio. The implication is that you don't really take advantage of the full screen when you watch a 16:9 aspect ration video on those narrow phones. They tell you that the reason for making the phones narrow is to enhance one-handed use of the phone, but once a phone comes with a screen that's 6.5" or bigger, it is obviously a device intended for two-hand use. TVs and computer screens are still being built with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

4. Volume: This phone is loud when the volume is at the maximum setting. I love it. I will not mind it if the second edition version of the phone comes with louder speakers, but it is hard to find a phone that beats this phone in the quality and loudness of its stereo speakers.

5. The camera takes good photos and videos, both the back and the front camera. The cameras are also packed-full of options in the settings for you to choose from.

6. Battery life. This, of course, depends on how you use your phone. The phone has a 4600 mAh battery. Certainly, I wish Asus had equipped the phone with a bigger battery. However, you can be sure of getting a full work-day from a single charge.

7. It supports dual SIM, but its either two SIMs or one SIM and a Micro-SD card. It is always better when a phone is able to support two SIM cards AND a micro-SD card, so you don't have to choose between a second SIM card and a micro-SD.

8. It has a 3.5 mm headphone jack!

9. The overall build quality is premium. It doesn't feel or look cheap. I love the aluminum body. I'm happy it does not have a glass back.

I don't care much about wireless charging or IP68 certification (waterproofing a phone is not a big deal for me). If I have to choose between loudness and clarity of a phone's volume, on the one hand, and waterproofing the phone, on the other hand, better sound quality will always be my choice.

I wish very strongly that ASUS will release a newer version of the Zenfone 3 Ultra, but without getting rid of the functional bezels and without changing the aspect ratio of the screen. Stay away from those stupid notches and holes. Give us a bigger battery, louder speakers, a faster processor, true two-SIM card support (not either a second SIM card or a micro-SD card), more RAM, and please please please do not change the aspect ratio. Retain the 3.5 mm headphone jack and support for expandable storage.

• Xerra

Space Angel, 06 Apr 2019Hi All. WARNING! I bought one of these for my wife. Initi... moreSame problem here with my phone... The camera cannot focus well and turn out all the picture i took all in blurry...

Its such a waste to have a good phone but the camera is not functioning well...

• PixAile

Very good smartphone but... It would be perfect with NFC !

Barbara, 04 Apr 2019What cellphone company do u use with the Asus TDC in Denmark :-)
But i have the mate 20X now.

• Space Angel

Hi All.
WARNING!
I bought one of these for my wife. Initially she loved it as she die not need glasses, but after the first O/S software upgrade, the camera failed to focus.. We did extensive research on many local and international ASUS forums and it is a problem with the hardware..It requires submitting the phone to ASUS for repair.
Please do your own research, good phone but hardware wise buggy

• Barbara

Deannielsen, 04 Sep 2018I have this ohone since the first day ut cones out. All wo... moreWhat cellphone company do u use with the Asus

Thever67, 03 Mar 2019I got this phone in summer 2016 and it has been an absolute... moreHey now, good feedback. Which phone were you speaking of Thever67?

MsBlkALABAMA, 15 Oct 2018Hey, I got the Mi Max 3, I don't like it. I like my Mi Max... moreNow i have the mate 20X for aound 2 month, love it.
But still the Ultra have a bigger display, this i still miss and could still think to buy a Ultra once again or get my display repaired :-)

• Thever67

I got this phone in summer 2016 and it has been an absolute delight using this device.This phone has not let me down and I have carelessly dropped it many times(very hard)and still functions well.Camera and video clarity is exceptional and I use it daily for my work.My kids too regularly use this device to play games and it does get really hot.Despite the abuse this phone has taken(my kids playing games) it still functions with great speed,the battery has slightly deteriorated due to overuse but still will last the whole day (in March 2019).It has a good graphic card and I daily watch movies on YouTube.I know at least 2 people who recently purchased this device after seeing my phone.Best Android phone!

• Mrcooper

Have a Zen 3 ultra and love it my issue is I reeeeally need help rooting it via no computer. I used kingroot and at the end says getting something but no root. I've use the others too so you wise ones help a neophyte in this matter