Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL

Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL

Enough memory! But SOMEWHAT a complaint. Horrible fingerprint scanner. It's not wide enough. If Asus used the regular circle fingerprint scanner, this phone would be amazing.

In white, it's pretty cute.

Gabriel, 21 Mar 2021I want to update my asus zenfone 3 to 8.0 but can't up... moreForget about it. Asus probably won't.

April 2021, because my primary phone is on service so i bought this type from my local store. it still brand new in box / new old stock. with price now just around 76$. lucky me right?

i remember back then when zenfone 3 family launched, the price is around 310$ or higher, i don't have that much money at the time. so yeah i'm late almost 5 years to own this phone.. lmfao

so after testing it for one week, i definitely can say this phone still hold it's own for daily uses like browsing internet or watching youtube. avoid heavy games like pubgm of course.

battery can still hold around 12 hours if you are light user. overall this one still very capable for backup or secondary phone in 2021.

• Haunter

I have had this phone for over 3 years. The only bug I have is that the sd card reconnects when it is really cold in the room. Otherwise, mine works perfectly and I absolutely adore it. Battery lasts for 3 days while being on wifi the entire time.

The only downside I see is kind of depending on where you live. If you live in middle of nowhere like I do then it is almost impossible to get parts for it if something breaks.
10/10 would make the same choice again.

• Nessuno7

Frazao, 07 Apr 2021I'll replace mine soon after 4 years of life. It'... moreYes mine too, I have the same problems but mine is gonne 15/20%

• Frazao

I'll replace mine soon after 4 years of life. It's still running perfectly smooth for all I need, but battery life is gone now. Sucks up energy fast and dies off around 35/40%.

The MAJOR problem is the famous camera autofocus bug, it's unnaceptable and have been going on for some 2 years. Also have awfully cracked screen although it does not affect so much.

Anyone else?

• brotherwho

My zenfone 3 is crushing every few minutes. Really frustrating! Any ideas what can be done

• Gabriel

I want to update my asus zenfone 3 to 8.0 but can't update manully and auto

• Gab

I can't update my asus zenfone 3 ze520kl every click check update and saying checking... Always disappears im still in android 7

• Gab

Mas123, 26 Jun 2018After oreo update my radio app is missing . How can i get i... moreTry check on play store

• Anak agung

greator, 10 Dec 2020After 3 years, rear camera focus stop working. Swap it to a... moreYeah that's true, rear camera problem and lagging after a few years

• Ovd

saea, 11 Apr 2020Yes, before its camera lost its ability to focus ... now it... moreMine is over 4 years old now, everything works as smooth as day one. As it aged now the battery life is shorter, that's the only issue.

• greator

After 3 years, rear camera focus stop working. Swap it to a new camera still doesn't work. And Josef's trick also doesn't work. Haven't try firmware reset or changing rom yet, i hope i wont have to do the later.

Josef, 10 May 2020Read my post about fixing the rear camera. It actually works!Where's the post?

• armin

Josef, 10 May 2020The rear camera issue can be fixed by removing the back and... moreYes. Tahts right. I fix it with this metod

• Josef

Suresh, 15 Sep 2019faced same issue and thought there is no solution. but i m ... moreRead my post about fixing the rear camera. It actually works!

• Josef

saea, 11 Apr 2020Yes, before its camera lost its ability to focus ... now it... moreRead my posting about fixing this in 15 minutes.

• Josef

The rear camera issue can be fixed by removing the back and the circuit (9 screws, easy) and pushing the camera in a few times with your finger, so the zoom motoric will get a little 'massage'.
You can find Youtube videos for replacing the camera, that will show how to disassemble and assemble the back. Altogether it is a 15 min job and you will have a functioning camera.

• Sunil

Call recorder is built-in

• saea

JP, 03 Apr 2020It is one of the perfect or you can say best phone to shoot... moreYes, before its camera lost its ability to focus ... now it's just a crap