Asus Zenfone 5z ZS620KL

Asus Zenfone 5z ZS620KL

• Amlan

When July security patch will be available on 5z ? Asus now realy delaying on security update in 5z

• Rivero

AnoM, 22 May 2019Why you say ZenUI sucks? I found it is one of the minimalist UI... moreYes, it will have the same UI as Zenfone 6's UI, near stock Android. You can see some videos on YouTube for 5Z with Android Q beta.

The problem is, when will Asus update 5Z to Q after Android Q is official?

Timing of update is not one Asus' cup of coffee so far, even after promises in front of media from their management team.

• xDive

I have been using this phone for six months and haven't had any technical issue at all

• AnoM

Rickt, 12 Jun 2019Overheat issue still exists there?Overheat as what condition?
Gaming?
Daily normal usage I barely encounter any heating, even at bad network area, this phone doesn't get overheat, no battery drain, no network issue too, no gps issue.
The only problem I found is sometime the UI is laggy when unlock the phone, but this issue somehow is fixed with the latest patch release on June, with security patch May 5 2019.
I always restart the phone when deal with this UI lag, it has been gone now.
WW ZS620KL model.

• AnoM

Sid, 09 Jun 2019**Please save yourself from the fraud that is ASUS** I purchase... moreWhat camera issue you are facing?

Overheat issue still exists there?

• Sid

**Please save yourself from the fraud that is ASUS**
I purchased 2 Asus Zenfone 5z and both of them developed the identical camera issues **within 1 year **of purchase. A simple google search on the matter will show you that like me, there are 1000s who have bought these devices and are suffering from the same problem.
The fraud doesn’t merely end at knowingly selling defective pieces, it extends into the quality of service (or the lack thereof) after sales. Despite in the custody of ASUS service center for **more than a month**, I was told that they have fixed **3 completely different issues (from the one reported). **This is the equivalent of performing brain surgery on a heart patient.
**For the icing on the cake**, they claim to have already delivered the phone back to me whereas I never received it. Their delivery agent has irresponsibly handed over an INR 27,000 item to a random stranger **NEAR MY ADDRESS. ** Yes, the delivery agent didn’t even bother reaching the actual address. He simply handed it over to the first human he saw in the area.

**ASUS has refused to take responsibility.
Recap:
1) **I paid 27000 for a phone that has a proven lifespan of < 1 year
2) I handed over the device for Camera repair and 1 month later there is 0 work done
3) When no issues regarding network & connectivity were raised, they have gone ahead and “fixed the issues” anyways
4) They have misplaced my property and have 0 sense of responsibility.
I have already gone on to file a case of legal action against them. I would like to do my part in saving others from this fraud.

• AnoM

I found this 5z face unlock implementation is quite powerful where even placing the phone in the landscape mode, either side, it still can perform face unlock, placed at upside down position also no problem, virtually it just works on any angle.
This is being compared to Pocophone F1 that the face unlock only works in single portrait position.

• AnoM

user 392783, 21 May 2019will the asus 5z get an update for the next version of android w... moreWhy you say ZenUI sucks?
I found it is one of the minimalist UI in the market.
Yes, welcome and sell your 5z and get a 6z.

• user 392783

will the asus 5z get an update for the next version of android with the asus 6 software(nearly stock android) on it.
ZenUi sucks
need a cleaner version or else i am selling my product.

Alan_Sykes, 16 May 2019New features When it launches, Android Q will be full of exci... moreI see thx

I installed Android Q beta :D

• Alan_Sykes

Onodera Kosaki, 11 May 2019What is new there ?New features

When it launches, Android Q will be full of exciting new features. For now, here are some of the impressive new features that you’ll enjoy with the Android Q Beta program:

Dark Theme: Android Q now has a system-wide Dark Theme. Activate Dark Theme in Settings, or by turning on Battery Saver.
Suggested actions in notifications: You can now take action on messages with suggested actions in notification.
Prioritized notifications: You can decide whether an app’s notifications are interruptive or gentle. Interruptive notifications will make noise, vibrate, and appear on your lock screen, whereas gentle ones will not. Android Q also introduces algorithms to automatically determine whether notifications should be interruptive.

Does it have hdr display like other high end phones?

Does this phone support internal audio recording?

Alan_Sykes, 09 May 2019Anyone want to try out Android Q Beta? here's the link: https:... moreWhat is new there ?

• Dylan

very happy with this phone

• Alan_Sykes

Anyone want to try out Android Q Beta?
here's the link:

• AnoM

Vonarian, 25 Apr 2019Hi bro. Some phones get hot when charging (fast charging). So, ... moreTo answer that question properly, every phone get hot while charging, that's it.
It is science of electrical.
When it is not getting hot, meaning it is on slow charging.
For it's QC3.0 fast charging, it does get hot.

User 121, 12 Apr 2019I don't know but I think that the phone is superb. But rece... moreHi bro.
Some phones get hot when charging (fast charging). So, don't worry and enjoy this lovely beast!
I have the ZenFone 4 Pro ZS551KL SE and it gets warm when charging, i suggest using a coolerpad ;)