Asus Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip receiving Android 12 stable update
Asus has been testing Android 12 on the Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip for a few months now, and as promised, the Taiwanese tech company has released the Android 12 stable update for both smartphones before the year ends.
The firmware for the Zenfone 8 comes with version number 31.1004.0404.73 and the Zenfone 8 Flip with 31.1004.0404.61. But do note that the update is currently only seeding for the Zenfone 8 sporting model designation ZS590KS and the Zenfone 8 Flip having model code ZS672KS.
Besides, your device should be running the latest Android 11 firmware rolled out by Asus to upgrade to Android 12. For the vanilla Zenfone 8, it's WW-184.108.40.206, and for the Flip model, it's WW-220.127.116.11.Asus Zenfone 8
If you own the Zenfone 8/8 Flip running the latest Android 11 build, you should receive the update on your device in a week or two. And if you don't want to wait, you have the option to manually flash the package to your smartphone. You can download it for the Zenfone 8 from here and and from here for the Zenfone 8 Flip.
The Android 12 update changelog for the Zenfone 8 pair is the same. You can check it below:
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 12 design
- Added privacy dashboard, camera and microphone indicators, show clipboard access, approximate location access, and microphone access features
- Replaced ASUS Safeguard with Android 12 Emergency SOS
- Introduced new widget page design in Launcher. Adjusted the position of the screenshot option and removed the hotseat app icons in the Overview page
- Removed the Quick Settings layout option in the Display settings
- ASUS Phone removed SIP calling support as Android 12 does not natively support SIP calling
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 12 yet
The next Asus smartphones in line to get Android 12 stable updates are the ROG Phone 5, ROG Phone 5s, ROG Phone 3, and Zenfone 7. The last two will get it sometime in H1 2022, while the first two are slated to receive it in Q1 2022, meaning anytime between January and March.
- 30 Dec 2021
Well at least you forgot to mention Zenfone 6 did get two OS updates and 2,3 yrs of security updates.
- Aziz soft tech
- 30 Dec 2021
A great compact phone ever I don't like Iphone 13 mini or others I love this phone.
- 30 Dec 2021
Redmi Note 7 is a budget Android smartphone from nearly 3 years ago, it did receive one major Android version update to Android 10, which is already good enough. Xiaomi did provide 2 years of major Android update for their flagship smartphone, whic...