BlackBerry Keyone

BlackBerry Keyone

Or else, from Onward Mobility, the new licenser of blackberry, the Key3.
They have stated it is in development. What that means i dont know. (what stage etc).
No hardware evidence shown yet.

• BBK

So was having battery drainage, microphone and signal problems with my phone, not to mention the intermitent call problems when charging the device.
It came a surprise to me that all these problems ran away as soon as I enabled hardware acceleration from developer options. I'm still testing but seems promising.

• BBK

hi, how to root my BB K1? because certain apps won't running...

• Londoner

fizeeharvey, 26 Mar 2021i bought keyone on january 2021, recently my phone can'... moreI bought BB K1 in 2018, and it always updates to the latest os. It's currently 8.1.0.

fizeeharvey, 26 Mar 2021i bought keyone on january 2021, recently my phone can'... moreIt is NORMAL, first they already gone from selling the phone anymore, second this is 2021 while the other phone already run 11, you are still struggle with nougat so the server is outdated and not operating anymore

anyone..who know to root keyone?

i bought keyone on january 2021, recently my phone can't upgrade to android 8.0 is it normal for keyone?

• chuck

SHAKER NAVEED, 22 Feb 2021I am using this phone but honest its very hard to go with i... moreyou must have somekind of hardware issue, must check! usually is a fast and reliable smartphone.

• ziutek

Excellent phone - comfortable, efficient and fast. Physical keyboard with programmable keyboard shortcuts and other features does the job. I'm very satisfied.

Steviebaby, 21 Feb 2021Bought the KeyOne in Nov 2017. And this, after perhaps 8 ye... moreIf you can wait till this comes out - https://www.slashgear.com/blackberry-5g-phone-coming-in-2021-with-security-and-design-at-the-forefront-30635550/
Should be better experience and better phone.

• SHAKER NAVEED

I am using this phone but honest its very hard to go with it. A very slow device with a lot of issues. Its hanging all the time.

• Steviebaby

Bought the KeyOne in Nov 2017. And this, after perhaps 8 years as a loyal BB user/fan.
Have had most of the Bolds and all the way up to th Q10 which was in my humble opinion the best phone I ever had. However when 'Whats App' ceased to work due lack of support some years back I was forced to put the Q10 into the drawer.
I used Samsungs for a while but when the KeyOne was launched in 2017 I just had to have one.
Marvellous mobile, tough and battery lasts nearly 2 days.
Like others here, once the screen became loose and fell out (not completely).
Took it to my repair shop in the Souq, 15 minutes and a touch of superglue later, it was fixed.
Just now, after almost 4 years changed the battery. Do not remember doing so before, but obviously it must be the 2nd battery renewal.
Must look at getting something else soon, but as yet have not decided which way to go.
Anyone any advice...............?

• MAA

using my BB keyone since 2019, dual sim upgraded to 8.1 outstanding battery life, no issue in day to day performance not a gaming phone, great phone will replace it as soon as we get new BB in 2021.

• Ms

LoveTheSpeed, 06 Jan 2021Hi. Is there a way to fix the RAM issue? It keeps poppin... moreRestart your device at least once a week

• LoveTheSpeed

Hi.
Is there a way to fix the RAM issue?
It keeps popping up (ones a week) that the level of RAM is to low. Any suggestions or a way to solve the problem?

• JungleJim

Have been using this phone from new and is still mostly adequate in Jan 2021. Have never had any troubles with it. Has been a workhorse all this time. Great job. Will be replacing probably with the updated Key

• slickfiz

Edson, 05 Aug 2020system update has failed since I bought it in jan 2020. The... moreDisable swipe to type feature on the physical keyboard in settings menue

• nintendoeats

I purchased this in February 2019. In July 2020, the screen died. I installed a new screen (which somehow broke the keyboard backlight), and have been unable to hold the new screen in, even with a liberal application of my most potent glue, the Bob Smith Industries stuff that I normally use for making neodymium fridge magnets. Eventually I moved my hands too aggressively and the screen went flying out, slicing the ribbon cable in half.

I didn't order another screen. I liked this phone, but the whole "Screen falling out" thing is a serious design flaw. I should acknowledge, the original screen did not ever fall out on it's own; the factory solution seems to have worked.

• AnOnymous

Bought factory new in November 2017. Using it ever since. Had issues with cyclical booting twice (first time resolved maybe February-March 2020, second time spelled its doom yesterday). Suspect could've been because of third party phone case that phone was in since I bought it that could've been pressing the power button slightly, causing a permanent wear on the "elastic" portion of the spring button. Will have to get a new phone. Worked great until then.

Some other issues crept up like ghost swiping on the physical touch keyboard, space bar not registering clicks and needing to be pressed extra hard (first notice in 2019). Some other keys would have the same issues (if I recall, I had troubles with the A key as well).

Although for most of the time, I never had the common issue of accidentally hitting the home, back or switch app buttons while typing, towards the end, it became more prevalent. Typing was never as intuitive or easy as with the Classic.

I first discovered keyboard smartphones with the Motorola Pro+, then I migrated to Blackberry's Q10 then Classic and finally KeyOne. Loved the tactile feel. I truly believe its time has come. The touch keyboards are better than they were when I migrated to the Pro+ for a much better feel and typing speed. I'm actually slower on the KeyOne than when I borrow a friend's touch screen phone.