Cat S41

Cat S41

The best work phone I ever had. I've dropped it several times, no problem - not even a scratch. The battery time is outstanding.

• canadian guy

i had my phone just short of 2 years. In the beginning i thought it was terrific, until i spilled a few drops of gas on it, I wiped it off with a wet rag and shut it off as a precaution and that is the last time it worked, doesn't sound too rugged now. unfortunately i live in canada so they only warranty it for 1 year. Australia its 2 years, i should have realized that the're rugged claims were overstated when they only stand behind it for 365 days.

• BB-fan

Jun Jun, 16 May 2020I have been using my Cat S41 for more than 6 months now and... moreHello.
The Cat S41 did not received more update,and for your issue you must make a reboot of your phone,cause of the back button.Thank you.

• Jun Jun

I have been using my Cat S41 for more than 6 months now and just encounter a problem with the back button is not working at all.
I wonder what might have caused the malfunction and how do I resolve this issue? Please help.

• Jun Jun

• Nasser

After last updating security patch March 5 2020 my phone language changed to Farsi. I change it to English after a few moments it automatically changed to Farsi also phone go to sleep. What's the matter?! I can't select my phone language!!!

• Bender

Orlando Ayala, 27 Feb 2020I have a Cat S41 and problems with Oreo 8.0 after update an... moreI hâd te dame issue with te camera for my S41. TRY KNOKING TE PHONE A BOT ON A HARD SURFACE, MAYBE TE cam cable has imperfect contact, and this would help to get background în.

• Daniel P

Extremely ooor SW support from Cat. If you go on their site the only thing you can download is user manual. No more Android apdates after 8.0.0 (5 Jun 2019). The launcher is awful, you cannot get rid of Google search widget on it even if you disable Google search: the widget just stays locked there.
But the biggest problem is touch screen: very often swiping/scrolling is interpreted as clicks. And this happens everywhere on all apps: on browsers (Firefox, Chrome), on chats (Whatsapp, SMS), etc. It's extremely annoying as most of the time you spend to press back for the unintended clicks... This phone was a very unfortunate choice.

• ian

Terrible phone, its only given me problems from the beginning. Keeps failing and breaking, the first time it fell (from like a meter high only) the screen got a bubble, after 4 months the charger cable started wiggling and not connecting well. Today I fell on my mtb, suuuper soft fall (its early season) and it stopped working.
Its just 7 months old. I bought it because I wanted a phone that fitted better my lifestyle, but my iphone with a screen protector and a 4 dollars silicone case has lasted me 3 years and still works! (I just wanted to upgrade and was a bit over apple) thats like 6 times the time the catphone lasted! I'd like to Im going to go blow the dust off my iphone but wait, it didn't even have time to settle on it lol... what a disaster.
Save yourself some dellusions and get yourself a case, not this piece of cr*p!!

• Orlando Ayala

I have a Cat S41 and problems with Oreo 8.0 after update android version my back camera doesn't work good, I tried several solutions posted on internet and nothing resolve the issue. Now the frontal camera has the same problem. I don't know if the android 8.0 is the main cause for this issue in that case a don't know how to downgrade to version 7. O I have problems with camera. Please help me. Thanks

very solid device, weak wifi but anyway still good

• Sportyspice

Does Antoine have issues with bluetooth. 99% of the time it does not find my other devices. And if I get lucky, I'm able to pair once and never again. Forgetting and repairing all devices is also not an option everytime

• Bob

Orlando, 19 Jan 2020I have several problems with campera. Error to connect the ... moreHave you tried doing a factory reset? Camera didn't go anywhere, so its probably just an app issue

• Orlando

I have several problems with campera. Error to connect the camera, there is not updates, there is not support. I am frustrated. I really need the back camera.
Please forma Bullit: it is time to work to fix the problems

• celegorm

I spend 2 months per year in the wild and this GSM is the best: gps ok, huge battery, able to share battery to other devices, waterproof, a button for custom use... and really indestructible. After iphone/samsung/LG garbages, that's my first good smartphone. The only bad thing is that you can't root it...

garderen1, 22 Aug 2019Allright, I bought the S41 because I was fed up being foole... moreThe S41 was released in September of 2017. I am very curious if there might be a "Cat S42" coming out in the very near future. I hope there is and I also hope Bullitt Group has been taking to heart the feedback from real-world users to build an improved product. I am particularly interested to see if any new releases from Bullitt Group will now incorporate Blackberry security software. I'm waiting!

Allright, I bought the S41 because I was fed up being fooled by premium smartphonebrands stating theire phone's where water and shockproof. I proved them wrong tho. I've had samsungs, motorola's (was quite in love with those) and finally a sony (which was a piece of sh*t).

Because of work (mechanic) and outdoor activities I decided it was time for a potato phone. I gave up speed and good image(camera) quality. But after using the phone for roughly two years, it's safe to say this is the best phone ive ever had. It's almost indestructible and when dirty I just wash it with brakecleaner:)

About the trouble with GSM: it's NOT the phone was with someone who had a new samsung which also didn't have connection. Bluetooth works fine, battery life is good and its absolutely drop and waterproof. A little negative point is the camera; the quality sucks, but i dont need it that often.

So if you're looking for a reliable phone that doesnt cost that much: buy this one.

• Petero

I love this phone how can I get my screen and charge in Kenya.

• Natasha

Scientifiq, 01 Jul 2019Hi guys, I am from south Africa. I would like to buy the CA... moreI have one, and really disappointed. Never again a cat. I will go back again to Huawei.
My phone signal is sooo bad. Its slow, camara is a desastre.

• najluci

To add up to Miclovan. I have used CAT S41 for a year and a half now. My experience is mixed, which is a shame because the phone has good potential.

1) I have never had problems with mobile signal, sometimes when my friends lost connection I still had some signal left. GPS works, but it could be better as Miclovan said.

2) Yea, the camera is poor when not in a bright environment. It is also slow.

3) Software and software updates are, in my opinion, the weakest link with CAT S41. Software updates did include some nasty bugs over time, like problems with microSD card. Those nasty bugs were solved some months(!) later, but minor issues remain. Like indicator LED that is not working from the first update. It really gives you feeling they don't give a shit about improving the software. They just forward security fixes from google every few months.