Cat S61

Cat S61

• Hubo

Anonymous, 28 Apr 2021I’ve had the Cat S61 phone for a year and half, and was pre... moreNot true mate i replace it in Portugal .

• BB-fan

Anonymous, 07 May 2021I have big charging problem with my S61. Is it any new soft... moreHi.The Cat S61,will not received more update,because it's a 3 year old phone.For the battery issue,you must charge the phone,when it's shut off as device,and it will charge.Try this way,and it will function.In other case you must go where you bought the phone,or to write an email to Cat support.

• Deko

Anonymous, 07 May 2021I have big charging problem with my S61. Is it any new soft... moreI had same problem with my S60 few times,try plugin in the car charger.Works for me.
Battery got back to normal.

Worked fine but now the usual battery trouble is back. CAY support is utterly useless, ask for information then ignore you when you provide it. Phone now out of warranty. Total waste of money.

I have big charging problem with my S61. Is it any new software update which can help to solve this issue? Phone is 5 months old, and batterie can not be charged more than 8% after 5 hours charging. Really frustrating. I already replaced several chargers and cables but problem is same.
For comparison, I had S60 four years and no any problem.

• ultrajvosa

Anonymous, 28 Apr 2021I’ve had the Cat S61 phone for a year and half, and was pre... moreSame thing. Battery after two years rapidly discharge. Stupidity

• Ice Captain

Aleksander, 03 May 2021I'm actually surprised to see such comment at this tim... moreYou don't own this phone. You won't understand.

• Aleksander

Anonymous, 28 Apr 2021I’ve had the Cat S61 phone for a year and half, and was pre... moreI'm actually surprised to see such comment at this time, as a friend of mine had the same exact problem. It was actually the charging cable's fault and replacing it solved the problem.

I’ve had the Cat S61 phone for a year and half, and was pretty happy with it, but for the last month it got progressively slower to charge and now won’t start up. The battery is not replaceable so it’s $1000 wasted. Support won’t help. Not happy at all!

• Sonya

juan, 13 Jan 2021is this phone a category 1 intrincically safe phone?No this phone is not intrinsically safe

• SpaceSankt

I've had one for about a year now. Battery used to last up to 2 weeks, now it's lucky to last a day. It's my day-to-day phone, used to charge quick as lightning with the In-Box Charger, now I have to use a Chromebook Charger to even get it to get to 100% in under a day. Otherwise, it's incredible, if you can look past the GSM-Only nature of it

Ray, 27 Dec 2020About 4 months short on 2 years of ownership. I wish I had ... moreSame issue here

• Andre

Anonymous, 19 Oct 2020Hi Stan. your comment: (Tried charging battery 0-100 with ... moreHad the same issue as you, changed the charger and was all happy go lucky. Then after about 3months of use the battery went through a nervous breakdown and now acts like a sociopath.
- Been seing this same issue with the battery popping up ALOT on this thread and sadly have to report that the support site is near to useless in regards to solving the battery issues. ''According to your readings, the battery is fine. Please contact the retailer to have it sent to service''
- ''It could be your charger''
- There doesn't appear to be any issues with your battery, are you using the right charger?''

...Frankly it appears to be scam on account of how many have issues with the battery and somehow it isn't a known fact or any kind of fix for it. I loved my S60 and that was the only reason why i'd go for a s61 but personally i'd recommend anyone from even thiking about buying a S61.

• Anubis

Me, 08 Feb 2021Pile of junk, way to many issues to list but the biggest on... moreWhat are you talking about ?? I have this phone since the release in 2018 and no problems whatsoever. Well, maybe the battery is starting to die - it lasts "only" 3 days now. (used to last about 5-6 days before the update to Android 9. And not a single restart ever.

No need for a cell service to access your pictures - you must have configured something very wrongly. Better do a full factory reset to get things right.

• Me

Pile of junk, way to many issues to list but the biggest ones are short battery life, having to do restarts everyday and the worst is you can not do anything with anything on storage disk.... Well you can buy copies of your pictures, the scary part of this phone is if you do not have cell service you can not access photos or videos on your phone ..... So if they go down and you have no service your pics and videos are gone.

• Maarten

Adrian, 30 Dec 2020Hi Anonimous. You clearly don't understand how current... moreI had the same issues. My phone was also not charging anymore. I Needed to reset the battery multiple times before it even charged. Every issue with the battery went away when I switched off bluetooth....

• juan

is this phone a category 1 intrincically safe phone?

• Adrian

Anonymous, 19 Oct 2020Hi Stan. your comment: (Tried charging battery 0-100 with ... moreHi Anonimous. You clearly don't understand how current works. The charge limmiting factor is voltage, the rate at what it charges is amperage. You could charge your 4500mah at 1000mah no ptoblem. It'll take longer tho.

I have the same problem as many of you. My charge gauge reads 100%, then suddenly 70 and sometimes stays at 7% for a few hours. Some other times it just dies right after charging.
I can't find a solution online and the phone doesn't even show the battery ussage by app. Not happy :(

• Ray

About 4 months short on 2 years of ownership. I wish I had never bought a Cat s61. I've had nothing but battery issues, so far I've had 3 repairs and 1 replacement. Always won't charge, or the phone gets HOT and burns through the battery. I'm tired of resetting and starting over.

Current issue is with charging. I plug up the phone at bed time and wake up the the unplugged sound. When I look at the phone it says fully charged, unplug charger, but the battery is at 0% and when I do unplug it dies instantly.

Support sucks new phone wasn't new just another rebuild. Original phone came back without the SD card tray.

Please Trust me. Stay away!!

• Markus in Africa

I like the phone and all but about a month ago it started freezing and crashing so I factory reset it and wiped everything was back to normal for about 2 days now it's a mess. Is it fixable or what options do I have ?