HTC Desire 20 Pro

HTC Desire 20 Pro

• Richie

I bought the desire 10 pro and now I have to throw it in the trash because it is still on android 6.0. HTC failed to update the OS even once. Specs look nice but lesson learned I am not buying the desire 20 or HTC ever again.

Nottie, 19 Jan 2021Does is have metal frame?Yes it does.

• Nottie

Does is have metal frame?

kielbasa, 12 Dec 2020No notification LED, no AOD....it's ridiculousThere is AOD... Just in all specs somehow they miss to note it..

the desire 20 is my third htc phone in a row. Had the desire 10 then the U12 life and now the desire 20 pro. The pro 20 flashlight is dim as all hell compared to the U12, the split screen function is still there its just not as easy quick and seamless like the U12. no led notification and for some reason youtube freezes the phone when trying to fast forward or go back and immediately restarting the phone. the keyboard and emoji's were alot less complex to navigate through compared with earlier models. I like htc's in general but they dropped the ball in so many simple ways with this phone

Basically I like Taiwan made products, Because of its Quality, Especially HTC. 100 Times better then other country mobile brands. I am using HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM for past 5 years. Now I am very interested to upgrade my gadget by this HTC Desire 20 Pro. I am from India. Can anyone tell me, when this is Available in Indian Market.

• Er1710

I wonder if htc sense will be installed on the phone. Htc was supposed to release this phone with htc sense...

Great phone,after using desire 20 pro about 4weeks it has many benefit for me with great sense of smartphone ...
battery stands for more than 1day with very heavy usage(with normal usage it stands 2days).
Soc works great as snapdragon in known for it.no heating,no any lag or delay ....
Main Camera is great in daylight and good enough in low light,front cam is great too.
Fast charge help to recharge it under 1hour for one day use.
All apps works great and smooth and i have had no problem with apps/games.
At the end to tell you the body and design is good and feeling very good in your hands and 200g weight is not heavy for daily usage....
If want great midrange go for it with no doubt

• albania

no led, no htc sense, no htc dailer. htc turn back on home

• Purple Gary

I've been a fan of HTC for a long time now. Although not everything is perfect I do prefer phones that don't spy on your activity life I found Samsung once doing.

So the HTC Desire 20 Pro, I've been using it a few weeks now, unlike someone else who moaned it didn't come with loads of apps in it, I transferred all my old apps across and it works just fine for me. Only one annoyance was an app that didn't work with Android 10, but I got round it.

Yes downside only one speaker also no notification LED, I live with it, it's no big deal. The speaker is much louder than my old Desire 12+, which incidentally has failing battery problems now. Irony use the fast charge on this phone as that kills the battery quicker. I charge it up when it drops below 10% and it lasts at least three days before I need to recharge it. Even after watching two movies it doesn't drain it too quickly. Been a long time since a battery performed this well.

Only niggle at moment is a app for s causing my speakerphone not to work, works fine for a while after a restart, but the refuses to.

• Purple Gary

Anonymous, 28 Sep 2020htc ukIf it's sold out check the following week or daily. It comes in and goes out quickly. Be aware it might ship from the states.

• kielbasa

No notification LED, no AOD....it's ridiculous

Miguel, 02 Nov 2020I was looking to replace my old HTC, not wanting to spend m... moreI have a Desire 20 Pro for 2 months now and honestly am very happy with it. Jack 3.5 is useful, the phone is not hanging and all applications work smoothly. Very good battery of 5Ah, only disappointment is only 1 speaker, I'm used to the stereo dual speaker of HTC. Other than that I would buy it again good price for the quality.

• Miguel

I was looking to replace my old HTC, not wanting to spend much more than 200 euros or less than 300€, I didn't find any great alternatives in the competition. With a week of use I can say that I was not disappointed. I didn't expect the camera to work so well, there are certainly better, but for the price I doubt it. The screen is very good,beautifull colors, the phone is very solid and robust. It does the basic things of a phone very well, quality of calls very good. Still the bonus of having a radio, NFC, and a very reasonable quality headphone output, this for an audiophile. It has all the important modern functions. Some typical HTC software is missing, or some additional photo functions like RAW or slow-motion, but I also rarely used them. The battery is exceptional. I tried a GT racing game and it plays perfectly. For me, given the price-quality ratio, the best phone of 2020.

• Miguel

Excellent

Still very satisfied of it. Quite fast. Good sound quality but mono speaker out. Using it a lot with BT headset, with excellent rendering. Excellent battery and IPSLCD screen. FM radio very appreciable. Cameras also. Rear side is very classy. No 5G!? I don't care for now.

Have been using the Desire 20 Pro for a few weeks. Thought it was great so far. Any fellow user facing connection issues with your mobile network? I have 5 bars network in the notifications above, but I see a slash across it. Changed SIM cards, and its the same. (SIM cards work in other phones.)

Emybv, 21 Aug 2020Does it have fm radio?Yes

• BOUGHT-BUT-SENT-BACK

I have been a HTC fan for the past 12 years. I bought it from HTC UK for its good Hardware, but immediately disappointed and had no choice but to sent it back to HTC for its very poor software.
software is a very cheap "Google" phone dominant.
-No Music Player app,
-No Video Player app,
-No Gallery app,
-No independent Contact app,
-No slow motion or Time-laps or any other features with CAMERA.
Contact syncs all the time with Google account, if you log in to your Google account to be able to download apps from Google Play, everything syncs automatically with that account.
No music player, it has "YouTube Music", so you have to download another app to listen to your own music. YouTube Music syncs all your music with Google's YouTube account.
AND, NO GALLERY ! Why ? Annoyingly you have to go to camera and click on photos taken tab to look at your gallery, very awkward.
It does have FM Radio app which is good and a bonus nowadays.
Camera is always wide-angle as preset (.....1.0x ......) it takes time to get hang of it, but you cannot make it wide ( e.g. to 0.5 x).
Torch LED at the back is a single LED and is very dark and weak.
Headphone is very cheap one, like one of those that you get free on "tour-buss", so don't bother.
Flipping to the left brings that "feed" page that you cannot change to what you want. It has been "News Republic" in HTC handsets for ages, I didn't tried it, so might be developed to get BBC, CNN, ABC etc. not sure .
There are plenty more to write about later.

Honey, 03 Sep 2020where can i buy HTC Desire Pro 20htc uk