HTC Desire 816

HTC Desire 816

• JoeWhoKnows

AnonD-875452, 07 Jul 2019I enjoy this handset. I had searched GSMArena looking for the hi... moreHow did you deal with the bad ESN?

• HTCD816

• Red Oscar

I have been using this handset for almost 4 years now and I still consider it to be the best phone I have ever owned. The phone continues to work perfectly and has held up well considering it is used each and every day. The only problem I have these days is managing the 8GB of internal memory. As my installed apps increase in size with each update, it gets harder and harder to maintain enough free memory so the phone operates efficiently. If this phone would have been designed with 32GB of internal memory, I quite likely would never have to replace it. And I just love the stereo speakers. I really dread the day when I will have to find another phone to replace this relic from the past.

I enjoy this handset. I had searched GSMArena looking for the highest quality headphone output on a cheap phone. I had found a model for $40.99, but I did not have enough. When the price went to $20.99 for bad ESN, I did not get a deal I got a steal. The large screen is very bright for what it is and has accurate colors. The screen is wholly adequate until I used an M8 did I realize how unfocused it was. The BoomSound internal speakers work great and sound better by default than the M8. I unlocked the bootloader and then installed CyanogenMod with root. I installed AINUR Sauron, Dolby Atmos and ViPER4Android. Comparing the sound output to the M8 it is more smooth in the treble, so when using Dolby and ViPER I get sharp s' on vocals without high treble fatigue, and my head dives into the music. Even YouTube music sounds impeccable with Spectrum Extension turned on. The HTC Desire 816 is the best portable media player I have ever used.

• Ally

Best buy !! tears 2015

• empress Tsie

i purchased HTCdesire 816 3 months ago and it has lost sensitivity on its touch screen .....this is bad guys do something

Jameden, 07 Mar 2019I miss this phone so much, wish I could go back to those days!same here bro

Manas KOner, 29 Apr 2018how can i check my htc original or dublicateNo one duplicates it.

Remember how I used to love HTC, but now I don't know why I just loving Huawei, I miss this phone as my old good friend it was my phone about 4 years ago, now its in my memorie as third phone whit android, miss you old buddy and those old good college days, you survive everything, you was almost drown in toilet, I split a beer on you, was falling on floor from 2st floor and case saved you...
ech

I miss this phone so much, wish I could go back to those days!

I remember this phone! It was actually my dream phone when I was 10 years old... So many memories... :). Wish I could go back to those days again.

• hunteer

i have htc desire 816h but cant move installed app to sd.please help me how i can do it ? this phone not support move 2 sd.

This phone sucks mad potato. 8gb storage in 2014 is too small so you always run out of space. Oh, but a microsd will fix that right? Wrong. You couldnt install apps on there before 6.0. Then they let you install apps, but they had to be installed on internal memory and moved manually. And if you ever updated any sd apps, they were automatically moved back to internal. If they had just implemented marshmalloe like they were supposed to, then you could merge stirage with sd. But they didnt, and took a year to release a crappy update that did nothing. On top of that, it is a big phone with no benefit over a standard phone. Low res, not much ram, etc. Worst phone

MESSY , 24 Jun 2018i can htc 816 3g to 4g upgarde no

MESSY , 24 Jun 2018i can htc 816 3g to 4g upgarde how???

• MESSY

i can htc 816 3g to 4g upgarde

• Manas KOner

how can i check my htc original or dublicate

• MR.HANDSOME

Htc desire 816 support 4g sim

• Dev Sharma

Phone is good but not supporting Airtel and tata Docomo 3g network.

Faizi, 14 Jan 2018Yes.. HTC desire 816 support 4 g.No it doesn't