HTC One (M8)

HTC One (M8)

• RedHotRocker

Man, my m8 (red) bought on wirefly, yep that long ago has lasted, still looks like new and battery is like new if u turn off auto updates in play store. only update what u use. Just waiting on 5g option to get updated, but perfectly happy with my experience. Best phone I have ever had, second place is my motorola phone bag lol. not many remember them, but wattage in your cottage

• Keke

15 October my m8 will be 5 yrs old ... it's doing well only battery needs to be filled twice a day. This is a legendary phone

• carlos

AugustVS, 16 Jan 2019In March 2019, it will be my 5th years with this mate (M8). If p... morei hear you on that bro. i love my htc m8 i didnt want to change it for anything i ended buying a total of like 3-4 htc m8 1 for me and one for my wife. she wet hers so i bought another one which worked for a few years then the battery issues started just like yours and i changed batteries and that was it then i had camera issues it would autofocus all the time and would not stop and would drain the battery i changed that and its all good now.
i ended up changing phones to a huawei p9+ and its an awesome phone but i do miss my m8 with its beautiful stereo speakers.
but if you are looking for something of a beast i would say huawei is really stepping up their game. i want to try and get the mate30 it looks awesome.

Anonymous, 16 Jan 2019In terms of daily experience, i prefer htc over any brand, but i... morei am in the same boat as you. I had htc since the Desire. I would like to see a all screen from htc this year, without notch that would be an instant buy i think

wellwisher, 15 Jan 2019Seriously mate there are plenty more phones to buy in 2019 you a... moreIn terms of daily experience, i prefer htc over any brand, but i don't like what they're doing with their new phones. If you have any recommendation, i'm all ears.

In March 2019, it will be my 5th years with this mate (M8). If price isn't an issue, what do you guys recommend for an upgrade from this One? I don't have any problems with it except the battery can't hold on for camera (this is the worse even when it's on 80%, it will die on seconds), can't do browsing and others apps on below 60% except on wi-fi. This beast have suffers from drop many times so I intend to upgrade with equal beast in term of durability and finally put this mate down as a music player only (love the speakers).

• wellwisher

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2019For the exact same price, i can buy either Htc A9 or Htc M8. Any... moreSeriously mate there are plenty more phones to buy in 2019 you are aiming at 2014s flagship? :V

For the exact same price, i can buy either Htc A9 or Htc M8. Any advice?

• Edgar

Tony, 26 Nov 2018I'm got a stock M8 I've had for years, over which it has taken a... moreI know right, my M8 has been working good since I bought it few years ago when ideas lunch, it has been working fine but I need to chafe for the ram and the camera, I was looking for a new htc but it seems they have lowered the quality :(

• Mo

The phone is good but with time the power bottom can't function normally.

• Sam

I thought it was the best phone until the battery would just die at 40%......I thought the 10 would be an upgrade but I was so wrong......I miss this platform.....

• Tony

I'm got a stock M8 I've had for years, over which it has taken a good beating and survived. Dropped it a number of times just because of the stupid teflon-like paint coat it's got on the back, no friction.

Definitely a great phone though - I'm only upgrading now because 2Gb RAM is a bit limiting these days; everything is starting to run a bit slow (big apps like google maps, facebook etc). That and the battery life has started to diminish rapidly unless it's kept in saver mode.

Maybe a rooting and Android update would extend it's useful life, but for me I think this dog has had it's day.

• Keke

I've been using this phone for four years now ,,, everything works fine except battery dies around 30% beside that it runs smooth. Since HTC has left my country,, I'm using iPhone Max

• BeastCoast

Max51251, 12 Nov 2018i hesitate between those three, what do you recomand : - Htc A9 ... moreI'm having the same issue

• Max51251

i hesitate between those three, what do you recomand : - Htc A9 - Htc M8 - Xperia X I have a preference for the M8, but it's an old phone. Should i go for it ?

• Baptiste

my HTC m8 cannot be updated to new software version, they tell me that the original software of HTC have been changed, what can I do?

LiviuMarin, 16 Oct 2018I had this pile of trash for 1 year, it seemed in good condition... moreThen, why didn't you buy a keypad phone? You acts like a 10 year old boy who don't know what he wants

I have it running lineage os 16.0 android pie and it's awesome just like having an 2018 phone.

• LiviuMarin

I had this pile of trash for 1 year, it seemed in good condition...

-FILLED with tons of trash software such as facebook, that refuse to be removed from the phone. Or ''kids protection''... wtf do I care? The phone is for me, I don't have kids.
-Tons of programs that want to update themselves. Gotta manually go through dozens of them to disable update.
-why is this a problem? I have a 250 GB SD card... no problem, right? Wrong. By default, this retarded phone wants to store EEEEEVERYTHING, every single thing possible, on the phone memory, which is 16 GB. I currently barely have 1 GB free. I have to manually go through each app to move it to SD. Some programs can be moved, some don't... like facebook. FFS
-terrible signal. Either 1 bar or no bar
-random SD card not detected. Gotta restart phone
-terrible battery. Normal use barely lasts 4-6 hours maybe. I'm talking about surfing a browser page
-the nail on the coffin is that today the phone refused to turn on.... after trying over and over and over again, I finally get it running. Now it's littered with ''I need this, I need that, I need 56 updates, I wanna update facebook etc'' bullshit that I DO NOT WANT, yet the stuff that I DO CARE ABOUT is not there. No more phone provider. WTF HAPPENED? A PHONE IS TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, NOT SPAM ME WITH USELESS APPS THAT I DON'T USE.

Horrible phone, don't ever buy an HTC. Oh and one of the camera lenses is falling off around the inside.. it wasn't glued properly.

Oh and another thing, just now it says ''twitter has stopped''. I don't even use twitter. I didn't even knew my phone had twitter. I don't want damn twitter. I want to be able to make phonecalls for my f***ing work. I'm not a 15 year old kid who sits on instagram 24/7.

• wizzy

Catherine the Great, 25 Sep 2018This was the last ACTUALLY GOOD phone HTC ever made. Since then,... morei think their last good phone was the perfect 10(HTC 10)