Huawei MediaPad M5 10

Huawei MediaPad M5 10

Dino Boban, 21 Apr 2020An excellent device that has a great processor and battery.... moreI'm 100% happy with my MediaPad M5 non-Pro 10.8". I knew what I wanted for a tablet. I knew what this tablet could do and couldn't do when I bought it. No unpleasant surprises. That makes a happy customer.

If I have to nitpick, it's the lack of Android 10. Huawei promised two Android versions upgrade, but only delivered one. I guess Huawei knew their business overseas is declining due to the trade wars. They simply gave up certain segment of the business.

Bob, 20 Jun 2020When Android 9?The Chinese Version already has Android 9. However, all versions of MediaPad M5 won't have Android 10.

• Bob

When Android 9?

Arsin, 28 Apr 2020Where can I buy it from ? You should look at the stores that specialize in tehnology equipment near you, or try online shops.

• Arsin

Dino Boban, 21 Apr 2020An excellent device that has a great processor and battery.... moreWhere can I buy it from ?

An excellent device that has a great processor and battery. It also has a very good camera that can take beautiful photos. The device is excellent for performing various business tasks.

Mr g, 26 Feb 2019Please update the info because i got this tablet from amazo... more2 versions are available: with and without SIM .. same as any other tablet model and brand
So one has to close read ... GSMARENA combines all specs in one "page"... to keep reviews, opinions, etc together

(sorry if there are mispellinge etc - they happen because I am writing on a Samsung Tab S2)

M5 LITE PEN :
Have anybody tried the combination "Huawei M-Pen Lite" wtih the Huawei M5" tablet ???

(the "m-pen lite" works with "m5 Lite", according to Huawei and reviewers, but Huawei also writes confusing stuff regarding the M5 - that only the "M5 pro" works with active pens (pressure sensitivity)... which says the opposite...).

My "quest" & goal :
- to find out, if the pressure sensitivity and palm rejection, that works 90-99% with the "M5-Lite" and "M-pen Lite" combination, also will work with the "M5" and "M-pen Lite" combination ???
...

bolle, 10 Mar 2019there are no lag on my s2,i have the exynos and snapdragon ... moreI have the Samsung tab S2, and I hate it.
- it is laggy,
- sound is not good.
- only updates to android v7, meaning lack of for instanse wifi-roaming (which needs android v8).
- battery life is bad (4800mAh vs M5'7500mAh).
- navigation buttons cannot light-up, unless battery saving is turnet of f!!!!!!).
- screen touch is bad - it often does not recognize touches.
- and it continues ... luckily we did buy it at half price...

So: M5 simply cannot be any worse than the/any Samsung tab !!!

9.1.0.332 arrived Today, 1 Jan 2020 security patch in Sweden.

Anonymous, 03 Jan 20209.1.0.331 arrived Today, 1 Dec security patch in SwedenBut it's still Android 9

9.1.0.331 arrived Today, 1 Dec security patch in Sweden

marsu53, 28 Oct 2019Is the Huawei Mediapad M5 10 inch suitable for playing Fort... moreWell, contacted Epicgames´support and they answered the tech demands: OS: Recommended Android 8.0 or higher, 64 bit
RAM 3GB or higher
GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher

But in reality when trying to download 5.5GB Fortnite upgrade, got a message: Device not supported. Sorry, Your device is below the specs needed to play Fortnite. WE are working on it. In the meantime you can use the Party Hub.

Now i asking the Epicgame support what they mean with `WE are working on it.´?

9.1.0.328 arrived Today, 1 sep security patch.

Is the Huawei Mediapad M5 10 inch suitable for playing Fortnite? Minimum demands are this from Fortnite Epicgames support sides:
OS: Recommended Android 8.0 or higher, 64 bit
RAM: 3GB or higher
GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher

9.1.0.325 arrived Today, 5 July security patch.

Anonymous, 28 Jun 2018I heard from someone that using Bluetooth massively cuts do... moreFrom new its det for 1 Bluetooth connection, but in developers option you can set it for 1, 2 or 3 BT connections (y).

QA, 22 Oct 2018You go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Sel... moreYou can set it in developers option, then all apps can be moved to the SD card.

AnonD-742787, 06 Mar 2018Can't believe Huawei didn't include a headphone jack on thi... moreBut there is the usb c 3,5mm jack included, so we can survive, i do.

jakeli, 12 Aug 2019Just got this few days ago and i am gonna use it as a phone... moreWhich model do you have? The non-pro version 10.8" M5 doesn't have the phone function. I have it. I know what it can do and cannot. I use mine for web browsing and playing movies, shows, and music. I call it "My Big Cell Phone", even thou it can't make phone call. But, that's OK. I have real phones for that.