Huawei Y8p

Huawei Y8p

• westy28

Junior, 15 Oct 2021Do you still recommend this phone in 2022?absolutely, still good specs compare to those xiomi shit with MTK processor

• Carbonize

hasan, 08 Jan 2022I would never even think of buying this shit. You can'... moreSimple apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Outlook, Edge?

Oh wait, these all work without Google 😮

• hasan

I would never even think of buying this shit. You can't even use any simple app without Google Play services.

• JASSAR

dont by this waste mobile

MysticDreamer, 30 Nov 2021No, Xiaomi Note series offer better phones that you can consider.You can consider it only if its available for a really low price like $100.

SilentGhost, 01 Nov 2021"The long exposure in pro mode can output impressive l... moreYes, I have enjoyed night photography in pro mode a lot with this phone. If you set the iso, exposure, and the focus correctly, the results are stunning. The photos come out noise free. You do need a gimbal or some way to keep the phone still.

I believe iPhone and some Samsung phones don’t have pro mode or the exposure duration is shorter. Therefore, long exposure shots can’t be taken on many phones.

Junior, 15 Oct 2021Do you still recommend this phone in 2022?No, Xiaomi Note series offer better phones that you can consider.

• SilentGhost

BreeMuc, 22 Nov 2021The apps from Google store few of them are available but up... moreI just realised that the last huawei phone that's possible to install GMS on it is P40 Pro.
anything released before it you can install GMS, anything after it... it's hard as hell to install GMS on it.
I was thinking of playing with dload of the Y8p and see if I can maybe remove the patch code from the dload files, but I'm lazy as f***, and I really don't know where to look at exactly anyways... reason why it's hard as hell.
I like huawei phones a lot, the hardware is solid, and the software if very good too, but damn, if there is no google services, I ...can't.

• BreeMuc

SilentGhost, 01 Nov 2021can someone confirm to me whether the G app (chinese blue a... moreThe apps from Google store few of them are available but up to current you can't really download Google appstore for use like it is for Androids such as Samsung

• Navvvv

Dont buy this if you like to play mobile legends it is so framedrops and the back of phone is overheating

• SilentGhost

MysticDreamer, 16 Sep 2021I have been using y8p for about 10 months and here are my t... more"The long exposure in pro mode can output impressive looking night time stills."
I can cosign that, I have Y7p, and the Pro Mode is Amazing almost mind blowing considering what an entry phone camera can do, for night photos and astrophotography. I you set the right manual focus, the right iso and shutter speed, the results are ... dazzling!

• SilentGhost

can someone confirm to me whether the G app (chinese blue app) that googlefier relies on to install google services works or not in y8p running base version emui 10.1.0.106

• Kamronbek

Slow cpu, 10w charging, no google play. What a hell is this.

• No samssung

MysticDreamer, 30 Sep 2021I got it last December in Sale and enjoyed using it. And I ... moredo not buy samsung
its screen sucks :)

• yep

Junior, 15 Oct 2021Do you still recommend this phone in 2022?unless you can buy huawei nova 7, then get this phone, it's perfect for it's price

• Junior

Do you still recommend this phone in 2022?

I got it last December in Sale and enjoyed using it. And I want to upgrade to something with a better camera and more power. I am looking at MI 11 Lite and Samsung A52. Or perhaps I have a splurge and get an iPhone 13 mini :)

• SUNNYZACH

Huawei Y8p ultimate best mobile for photo shoot, for gaming, for multipurpose.
Google Services are really bad as they are advertising always.
Huawei y8p carriers installed all kinds of apps... So don't hesitate and enjoyed.

I have been using y8p for about 10 months and here are my thoughts on it:

I noticed that it can now record 1080p videos at 60fps. No EIS. The quality is fine during the day but not great at night.

The long exposure in pro mode can output impressive looking night time stills.

The audio effects are sweet both from headphones and Bluetooth speakers.

Using YouTube in browser has limitations.

I haven't found any gcam apks for y8p.