iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 now rolling out with bug fixes aplenty
This Friday Apple's newly unveiled iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are officially becoming available, and ahead of that the company is pushing out a software update to all of its supported phones and tablets.
iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 are now rolling out, and both of these are, as the minor version number incrementation shows, small updates, focused on fixing bugs.
And there are a lot of such fixes included, for sure. Here's the full changelog courtesy of Apple itself:
- Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and edit in Photos for iPhone 8 and later
- Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue where dragging widgets on the Home Screen could remove apps from folders
- Fixes an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias
- Fixes an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying region information
- Fixes an issue on some devices where selecting zoomed display mode and an alphanumeric passcode could result in the Lock Screen emergency call button overlapping with the text input box
- Addresses an issue where some users were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while viewing an album or playlist
- Fixes an issue that could prevent zeroes from appearing in Calculator
- Resolves an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
- Fixes an issue that prevented setting up a family member’s Apple Watch for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Apple Watch case material was displayed incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
- Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are expected to ship running iOS 14.1, or at least pop up an update notification for it as soon as you set them up. Apple is, at the same time, continuing development of the 14.2 branches of iOS and iPadOS, with a fourth beta seeded to developers. A final iteration of that software version will probably be out in a few weeks.
- 29 Oct 2020
What about fixing the battery drain after the 14.01 update? Who cares about the rest of bug fixes? Why don't you fix the most important one? Which one was it? !!! BATTERY DRAIN !!!
- 22 Oct 2020
You only use one Bug as your evidence. I have seen a bunch of people say they have bugs on IOS 14 but ok..
- 22 Oct 2020
We're nearing the end of the year, so expect bug fixes for their clock/alarm soon.