LG Optimus One P500

LG Optimus One P500

• tdhm

AnonD-9592, 23 Aug 2011Close all apps when you do not need them. Turn off WiFi,GPS and... morewith 2g gprs use continuously my battery hardly last for 5 hrs... Durin gprs use i usualy disable background data, screen brightness to minimum, gps and wifi off, no live papers , juice defender on... Stil last for 5 hrs... Plz help me to increase my battery life.. Reply soon...

Hello guys, as i mentioned in the previous post, I upgraded my LG Optimus One to android 2.3. At first by looking at the file name "V20E" i felt that it is the official version that was released in some other countries. But after 2 days of hands on, i understood that it is not the official version. The below are my observations.

1) Facebook, NDrive and default file explorer are missing. I downloaded and installed them manually.
2) There were some icon changes observed in the settings menu.
3) The notification bar & panel is made completely black
4) The access to the menus, files and folders is little faster than 2.2
5) The display of the colours is too deep. There is a hight contrast in the display. Due to tis the video playback is screwed. The video quality is degraded a lot and even the camera photo quality is also degraded. A BIG disappoint here.
6) pictures viewed from the gallery are so crisp and vivid
7)Scrolling through the list is too good
8)When the mobile is connected to the PC using USB cable, swicthing bewteen the mass storage and mobile mode is very fast
9)The overall display is a little bit better

For me it took less than 2 minutes to upgrade. As I am not satisfied with this i tried to downgrade back to 2.2 (V10E version). After dowbgrading and restarting the mobile, It stuck up with the android logo. It is not able to startup. So again installed 2.3. I will go to customer care and will install the official 2.2 version

vinu, 22 Aug 2011battery lasts within 6 to 7 hrs whats the reason if it is meant ... moreClose all apps when you do not need them.
Turn off WiFi,GPS and 3G when not needed.
my 01 works 1 Day with Wifi nd GPS usage. Just dont forget to kill the extra apps and dont kill system processes it will only harm your android.

AnonD-18953, 23 Aug 2011guys even though it has got 512 MB INTERNAL MEMORY i've read on ... moreRAM and Internal memory are two different things.
Internal memory of O1 is 170mb and The RAM is 512mb.
Internal memory to store DATA and RAM helps running Applications.
On paper The HTC looks good on Specifications.

• VENKAT

Anonymous, 22 Aug 2011Hi frnz, pls help me..my p500 got a little scratc on rear cover ... more U don't worry decause there is a blue colour cover inner panel so contact the near LG service center for this issue

guys even though it has got 512 MB INTERNAL MEMORY i've read on net abt guys complaining abt the low internal memory .... Plsss help me... I'm confused whether to buy LG OPTIMUS ONE P500 or HTC SALSA.??
I don care abt the camera...plsss help me guys.

• vinu

battery lasts within 6 to 7 hrs whats the reason if it is meant for networking and so on and having 1500 mah battery it should not last in 6 to 7 hours

AnonD-2041, 22 Aug 2011Does the phone need to be rooted for updating to official ginger... moreHi, sabincruz recently LG announced that LG optimus one will get 2.3 update in first week of this September...No need for Rooting.... #cheers

Just few question regarding the update or anyone else who know may also help and it might benefit others as well.

1.Is this update provided by LG?
2.How safe it is?
3.How much is the chance for phone to get bricked?
4.Does updating the way as u said void LG Warranty.
5.If this is the official LG update then why LG has not officially declared the same?
6.How much time does it take for updating once the download of the files are complete?

Expecting your reply at the earliest...

Hi frnz, pls help me..my p500 got a little scratc on rear cover n batery cover 2 weeks ago and bcoz i want my fon alwyz neat, i changed dos 2 days b4..bt after dat wen i open cam and video there is always a bluish colour on pictures n videos..pls help 2 fix it..

• AnonD-2041

naser, 22 Aug 2011Me too upgraded to Gingerbread using sameway. its quite easier a... moreDoes the phone need to be rooted for updating to official gingerbread 2.3.3??

• parth

whts ur review fo dis mobile??

• naeem

Gingerbread is much better on P500....

• naser

AnonD-18829, 22 Aug 2011Hello guys. I am from bangalore. I upgraded my optimus one to th... moreMe too upgraded to Gingerbread using sameway. its quite easier and simple than im expected...Its wonderful now my p500

• Kirtan

Hi All,

I have suddenly faced a problem....

My Home button has stopped working and the screen doesnt get locked at all....

Any solution for this?

Hello guys. I am from bangalore. I upgraded my optimus one to the official version of gingerbread 2.3.3 The process is quite simple and safe. You can also upgrade by visiting this website.

adeniyi, 21 Aug 2011My experience with the phone browsing is disappointing and frust... moreidiot....ur phone must b dfective net works very fast on my phone and gives equal downloading speed to that of gs2.

• marilou

Harsh, 21 Aug 2011is there ny option to minimize msging window? I mean 2 say if i... moresimply press the home button

• Sandy

can any one tell me ,what score you are getting in quadrant benchmark ?

• js1970

Harsh, 21 Aug 2011is there ny option to minimize msging window? I mean 2 say if i... morejust press tge back button (the hardware button with an arrow...)