LG V60 ThinQ 5G hands-on review
LG invited us to have a closer look at their just-announced flagship phone - the LG V60 5G. They hope it will help re-shape the way we use our phones, expand the use case of the smartphone and alternatively give some users more flexibility by providing the dual-screen feature only when needed.
The V60 won't be cheap, but LG thinks it can undercut the current Galaxy S20 price of $999 while still delivering some of the core features like 5G connectivity, Snapdragon 865 flagship SoC and high-end smartphone photography.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G specs
- Body: 169.4 x 77.7 x 8.9 mm, 219g; Front and back glass, aluminum frame
- Screen: 6.8" OLED, FHD+ (1080 x 2460px) resolution, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 395 ppi
- Camera: Primary: 64MP Quad-Bayer, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 1/1.7 sensor size, OIS; Ultra-wide: 13MP, f/1.9 aperture, 1.00µm pixel size, 1/3.4" sensor size
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+): octa-core CPU (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585), Adreno 650 GPU
- Memory: 8GB/128GB, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- OS: Android 10, LG UX.
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, Quick Charge 4.0+
- Connectivity: 5G; Dual SIM; Dual-band Wi-Fi, Buetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C 2.0
- Misc:Under-display fingerprint reader; NFC
The unique thing about the V60 is that the dual-screen accessory is back and this year, LG is planning to bundle it with the handset for free. By making the secondary screen more accessible to the consumers, they hope people would warm up to the benefits of the setup.
Other than that, the handset is almost fully equipped to compete in the high-end segment with its big and tall 6.8-inch OLED screen, generous 5,000 mAh battery and dual-camera setup on the back. Yes, there are only two cameras on the back - main one plus ultra-wide but LG thinks it can provide lossless 2x zooming by leveraging the large 64MPO sensor instead.
this phone is only available in the US? that bad! LG, You are losing buyers because of your poor distribution and selling policy. the latest model available in my country is the V40 c'mon! It is your fault...
- 17 hours ago
So LG. When are you going to allow others around the world to purchase this? I'm in Australia, really would like it but your distribution truly sucks!
- 19 May 2020
For me LG proved second best to HTC from the first one I had, the V60 goes further. I think the only drawback is the screen size, I would love this phone with only a 5" screen. If I want a screen this size then I'll get a tablet. 5G is bogus in my ar...
- 11 May 2020