Meizu 16s Pro

Meizu 16s Pro

• Hanza

The phone seems solid but only one concerns me, the android update😟

NeonHD, 07 Apr 2020Yeah I saw that, and I also share the same sentiments about... moreSony has a notch now... The L4 I think.... I don't even know how I feel about it

• M

I bought Meizu phone 3 times in total - first time, last time and never again. Why? Because they are bad. They are well made and nice but have many many software problems like frequent unresponsiveness, frequent crashing, extremely limited and locked Flyme OS which cannot be modified or properly adjusted in any way. Battery life is very poor, cameras are mediocre. So it's a bad phone mainly because of extremely bad Meizu software and secondly because of very poor battery life. I saw that quite a few people complained about the same things, so you do the math. I switched from this one to Huawei P30 and I don't regret at all.

NeonHD, 07 Apr 2020Yeah I saw that, and I also share the same sentiments about... moreyou can't have everything in one (all in one)

fantastic cam + fantastic chipset + fantastic size + so must be a lag there like no 3.5mm jack (there is ppl. even doesn't care for 3.5)

fantastic chipset + very good cam + good size + 3.5mm jack
Meizu 16T...6/128....317$

good chipset + fantastic size + good cam + 3.5mm jack
Meizu 16Xs

NeonHD, 07 Apr 2020Yeah I saw that, and I also share the same sentiments about... moreThe entire smartphone industry relies on playing safe. Apple invents a certain industrial design for their iPhones other manufacturers follow suite. Then as a whole it is considered as a market trend for that year.

Meizu always had a slightly different approach to smartphones but history reveals that being different doesn't always pay off. Meizu's obsession for notch-less smartphones with symmetric layout, and very high screen to body ratio has led them to jointly collaborate with OLED display panel manufacturer Samsung. Frankly I love Meizu's design aesthetics.

Meizu invested 6 million US dollars in R&D to manufacture the 6 inch, 18:9 notch-less display panel we see on Meizu 16th (Meizu 16 in China). The money went into a new display packaging technology to ensure that all the necessary components on the front are incorporated in the 7 mm thin forehead on the top & also in integrating the in-display optical fingerprint scanner with the display. The 16s & 16s Pro followed suit with the same architecture.

Put it seems they have to submit to market trend & here comes the punch hole display. Hope Meizu implements it wisely.

RishiGuru, 05 Apr 2020To shatter your faith, the Meizu 17 will come with punch ho... moreYeah I saw that, and I also share the same sentiments about having no headphone jack. But my point was more about Meizu's incredible feat of not succumbing to the display trends. I mean, the whole notch trend started back in 2017 when Apple released the iPhone X. Meizu managed to avoid the original notch, as well as the 2018 waterdrop notches and the 2019 holepunch notch.

The fact that it took them until 2020 to put a holepunch notch onto their phones is honestly quite a feat. The only other company that hasn't resorted to notches yet is Sony.

Also I wouldn't buy any phone without a headphone jack so I wouldn't buy this phone in particular as well. I'd get the Meizu 16Xs instead as it has the jack and basically shares the same design.

NeonHD, 02 Apr 2020Big smartphone brands: you can't create a near bezel-less p... moreTo shatter your faith, the Meizu 17 will come with punch hole display as per the recent leaks. Anyway I will buy neither the Meizu 16s or 16s Pro as they lack the ever so important 3.5 audio jack. At-least for me.

Meizu flagships were once known for their audio quality over headphone jack, and the Meizu 16th (Meizu 16 is China) was their last flagship with some of its original audio traits. Luckily I have one of them.

Big smartphone brands: you can't create a near bezel-less phone without putting a punch-hole notch or a motorized camera

Meizu: hold my beer

• jy

Luffy, 01 Mar 2020Still 3 main cons: No 90 HZ refresh rate , no big batter... moreIt support 4k 60fps and 1080 fps

• Luffy

Still 3 main cons:
No 90 HZ refresh rate ,
no big battery
& no 1080/60fps recording video

• brz

Drifter, 19 Jan 2020The same thing as with previous Meizu devices. Phone is rea... moredont like it dont buy it. it is what it is.

Anonymous, 14 Feb 2020Do Meizu phones get custom roms? Would love to buy this and... moreYes it does have a custom rom named MokeeOS

Do Meizu phones get custom roms? Would love to buy this and put custom rom

• Drifter

The same thing as with previous Meizu devices. Phone is really nice, very well built, good cameras, fast, has high-quality screen but... it has the worst software I've ever seen on any smartphone.
FlyMe OS is full of bugs, unstable and extremely limited. It doesn't allow any modification and doesn't even allow users to change some "security" (read: spying) settings which all other non-Meizu phones except iPhone allow. Meizu should get rid of their ugly FlyMe OS and instead use clean Android software which would make their phones much more reliable.

YUKI93, 29 Dec 2019Hang on a second... "Six-LED dual-tone flash"? This is defi... moreThe 6 LED configuration and the ring flash is unique to Meizu. They introduced this concept two years back with Meizu 15. My Meizu 16th (Meizu 16 is China) also has this ring flash with the rear camera's optical image stabilizer (OIS) siting on the center of the ring. Quite a novel idea that looks stunning as well as functional. But then Meizu is known for their unique design & built quality.

I just lament the direction Meizu took by removing the ever so convenient 3.5 mm headphone jack on this 16s Pro. Forced me to go back and get their last years flagship Meizu 16th with 3.5 mm audio jack with very good sound quality. The deal was sweet at just US $240. Extremely happy and satisfied with 16th.

Hang on a second... "Six-LED dual-tone flash"? This is definitely the first time I saw that feature on any smartphone, period!

• Gusta

Arsov 36, 13 Dec 2019Battery Non Removable!Lol.. The true spammer..

Most of the latest phone especially the flagship model have sealed (non removable) battery.

• Arsov 36

Battery Non Removable!

• javad

i guess the battery is not suitable for this hardware

• Gusta

Kyo, 10 Nov 2019In benchmark and phone test it say the camera is 12 mp?? W... moreThe 48MP is pixel binning technolgy from the sensor manufacturer just like other flagship which is using same sensor. Some already using 64MP and 108MP. Just read Google about pixel binning.