Mitac MIO A701

Mitac MIO A701

Anonymous, 27 Dec 2011my son has set a password but now has 4got what it is -is t... moreHard reset is solution.

my son has set a password but now has 4got what it is -is there a way to clear this setting..
thanks
rob

• Alex

calin, 22 Mar 2007Does anyone know how can I delete all contacts from the dev... moreHey Calin, first backup your data from Outlook exporting all Personal folder (including subdirectories) into a .pst file.
Then delete all contacts from Outlook.
ActiveSync (I suppose you intalled it for XP; for Windows 7 is not needed) will synchronize your Mio too (will empty the contacts).
Disconnect your Mio - you can borrow it now ;)
Now recover your Outlook contacts from your backup file (import it - overwrite).
Next time you connect your Mio A701 the contacts will be syncronized (copied to your Mio from Outlook).
Enjoy!

• mio a 701

vxd

• cata

hello
do you know where can i find games for this phone ?
i downloaded "9 games for pocket pc" but they don't work
another thing i don't like about this phone is that it doesn't have wi-fi
please help
thanks

• Pedja

Anonymous, 21 Oct 2010i have a mio for 2 days and i have a problem...it's only la... moreWindows Mobile 5 English for Mio A701: http://service.mio.com/m0100/F0110_DownLoad_File.aspx?bullid=AllBull&fileid=107405

RUN ONLY FROM XP MACHINE!!!

i have a mio for 2 days and i have a problem...it's only language is Italian...how mai i change it?can i find a version of windows mobile for free on the internet,because i want English on it...and if a find a free windows mobile version on the internet how mai i install it in mio?does it work with a data cable...i'm anxious to get a response...thanks

• Siva

By the way. This phone suports 8GB memory card. I am using it with the cheapest kingstone memory of 8 GB without ANY problems. It seems that most users have problems with 4GB and gave up on biger sizes :)
I am still a very happy Mio A701 user. This phone-gps is the best (Quality-Price-Endurance). Another thing: I am using it with a 3000 mAh battery and lasts easily 5-7 days depending on usage (including use of GPS).

• Gravity

Yes I can confirm it definitely can be flashed with wm6.1 rom. I'm currently using ELM-20931.1.5.0-WWE build without any problems.

• someone

can someone help me how to flash mitac mio a701??
with windows 6.1

• Alexey

I have reflashed Mio A701, but after rebooting device show |unlock" button but I can't tap on it. Can you help?

• mladen

Yes you can flash wm6 or wm6.1 with ScoterRomUpdate-R01 ,you can find full instruction just put in google this ScoterRomUpdate-R01. I flash wm6.1 manila 2d work great and all.

Anonymous, 11 Apr 2009Can this device be updated with wm6? ThnxNo I was told it cannot be updated to Win Mobile 6.

I have used the A701 for since last July (2008) and it took me 6 months to get the GPS to work but now it is great. I bought and installed TomTom 6. I am in the US and on AT&T and everything works now expect when I want to send MMS messages. I can't send or receive pics or videos. I can text fine. Anybody know what the problem is?

• gabriel

good tool and looking nice but i have a problem: the phone worked perfect both in Qatar and Romania but when i've returned to Qatar it stopped. i can only receive calls and messgaes but i can't call anybody local or abroad. i've checked the settings, they are correct. Qtel customer service tried to help but no chance. SIM card working in different other phones. i'm stucked. gime some help pls.......

Can this device be updated with wm6?
Thnx

• Andrew

Nice phone for this price.....but the photo camera is poor and display is a little bit small. anyway i recommand it for simple users.

• Dion

I've used The Mitac Mio A701 for about 2 and a half years now and I love it. It has been an amazing device. The only thing I've never liked about the device is that it doesn't have WiFi. I have unlimited GPRS so it hasn't really been a problem, but that would have been nice. The phone looks great and performs well. I use the latest version of TomTom Navigator with a map of the USA on my 4gb SD card. Works like a charm and gets the GPS fix quickly. The phone also comes stock with a program that can be set to automaticaly download an Ephemeris file for quicker GPS fixes. The A701 community has been strong for a long time and you can find ROM upgrades for the A701 to Windows Mobile 6.1 if you look. All-in-all this device has been amazing and I have really enjoyed using it. It was a killer phone when it first hit the streets and still holds its own today. If you can't aford one of the newer $600+ phones then I would say see if you can pick up one of these.

• arisfk

I bought a WiFi SDIO Card for my Mio A701. How can I install it and what are settings I must do?