Motorola Moto G100

Motorola Moto G100

Used it for one week now; got it for 390 euros(100 euros discount); fast software, fast mobile internet and Wifi, solid cameras(but I am not an expert in that area), excellent battery, useful Moto gestures, no nonsense phone. Wished that it would be little bit smaller and lighter, but because of smaller width is easier to operate. I am not a power user, have choosen this phone to have something reliable for at last 3 years. Hoping that is not much vulnerable to falls. We shall se.

Phone Reviewer, 04 Sep 2021Why would anyone pick this phone over the OnePlus 8T, Mi 10... moreReady for compatibility, stock android, faster than oneplus 8T and xiaomi mi 10T pro you mention.

If you don´t care about IPS, it´s a very good phone for it´s price

• Nemo

Phone Reviewer, 04 Sep 2021Why would anyone pick this phone over the OnePlus 8T, Mi 10... moreIn US website they are selling this phone without Ready For dock at $600. It also supports fewer 5G bands and carrier compatibility is less compared to phones like Motorola One 5G Ace. I would really like to buy this as my second phone but it is too expensive. So I will just wait for the release of Samsung S21 FE maybe around October or November. By that time I will just check the prices again and hopefully either Moto G100 and the older Samsung S20 FE has already a sale or has reduced its price.

Phone Reviewer, 04 Sep 2021Why would anyone pick this phone over the OnePlus 8T, Mi 10... moreI pick this over those mentioned smartphones because it has a front ultrawide camera, a headphone jack, and Ready For capability. Sure that the rest has a much higher screen refresh rate than this phone, but I never pay much attention to it since I deeply value battery life. I do care a lot about having a pocket PC capability and this phone has it. After all, Motorola's Ready For can rival Samsung's DeX as found in the S20 FE.

Why would anyone pick this phone over the OnePlus 8T, Mi 10T Pro or Samsung S20 FE? No, seriously. A very bizzare choice for best premium smartphone from gsmarena when clearly there is much better value for its current price of $500.

US Motorola seem to be officially selling the G100

Anonymous, 27 Aug 2021Edge S is a China-only phone without Google Mobile Services... moreHas the exact same bands as the Edge S and Chinese sellers install the G100 ROM for you. Only issue seems to be the bootloader is unlocked so Google Pay/NFC might whine and not work.

• ToManyPhones

Anonymous, 25 Aug 2021Why buy this over the $200 cheaper Moto Edge S?Hadn't heard about the Edge S. Looks like it's not sold in the US.

Anonymous, 25 Aug 2021Why buy this over the $200 cheaper Moto Edge S?Edge S is a China-only phone without Google Mobile Services pre-installed, you have to do it yourself. Also, not all 4G or 5G bands in China is supported in Europe.

Why buy this over the $200 cheaper Moto Edge S?

• MotorolaFan

The phone has silicon case included - very good.
The phone glass is very smooth and seems the fat from fingers doesn't stick that much - perfect.
The phone is a bit clumsy - fat and heavy. No surprise as battery life is excellent. I compare with my Samsung S9+ which started draining battery for less than days.
In general I recommend it!
Software has some lags, but seems after updates they're gone.

• igmils

YUKI93, 29 Jul 2021For someone like me who deeply values headphone jack and po... moreHere are 280-350EUR, i think its 415EUR much there in your country

• SerDuncanthetall

Hello. Mobile phone is fine, everything works smoothly, really good budget phone..
But I'm having a issue, I hope someone could help. For some reason after last update I don't have 5g option any more, onli 2,3 and 4g. If somebody knows how to correct it, please help :)

• grypho

Is the screen resistant as gorilla glass? :(

• AK1972

I have been using this phone for about two weeks now. It's a good phone overall but I'm having an issue with face unlock feature. It is worthless. I deleted and re-install it a few times but it still doesn't work.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

• Yuvraj

Sell this phone in india dammit . This is really a good phone

"Don't judge a book by its cover". This is a Machine with a poor design that promises a lot for 2021-22. Basically you're carrying a portable computer on your pocker and a powerful camera. Not counting the incredible work of the software so clean that motorola and google provide us.

Shimizu Megumi, 24 Jul 2021In my country this sells for 415 euro, do you think this ph... moreFor someone like me who deeply values headphone jack and pocket PC experience on a flagship smartphone, this is definitely worth it. The front ultrawide camera is a great bonus for group wefies and wide video calls. Just about the only thing missing from this phone is offline FM Radio support, or else this would be a solid replacement for LG Velvet 5G.

That said though, do bear in mind that Motorola doesn't have a stellar update policy, so you may want to look elsewhere if you care a lot about OS updates. Here in Malaysia, this phone cost the same as Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G with Snapdragon 865 chipset and it is eligible for Samsung's three year OS update policy.

In my country this sells for 415 euro, do you think this phone worth that much?

• John

qaz, 03 May 2021I care. For what f*** people pay 500$ or even 1000$ and ca... moreIFKR! Even the LG Velvet 5G with just an upper midrange Snapdragon 765G chipset can easily utilize Desktop Mode and that phone is now worth about $400 or so, some are bundled with its DualScreen case.