Motorola Moto G4 Play

Motorola Moto G4 Play

• John

Anonymous, 26 Jan 2021it is worth it in 2021 to you random person! i bought a w... moreYeah. It is a great phone. We can't buy such a fluid performer with 2GB RAM in 2021. Still my G4 play handles the updates of 114 apps in the menu bar. Running 114 apps in 2GB RAM , snapdragon 410 HW. My Bros 3GB RAM is not even handling 70 apps. The Camera is perfect for the megapixel. Still I love to capture great images with this phone. Most of my friends are wondering how this phone handles this much apps with very low hardware in 2021. They say battery backup is not good. I just say onething a 2 litre water bottle can hold only two litres. Yes I charge two to three times a day still haven't changed the original battery. Still I am getting 5 hrs continous screen on time or a day full if random call or whatsapp. Its already 3 Years 9 months. Still the beast. G4 Play !

• Bashir Ahmed

Moto g4 play

it is worth it in 2021 to you random person!
i bought a white moto g4 play in 2021 january it was completely new sealed and all white it came with 1gb ram should you decide to buy one in 2021 there are some things you should know...

NOTE!!!! the 2gb ram model always look for this don't buy 1gb model in 2021 unless you keep it on android 6

Do not buy moto g4 play in 2020 if you plan to play games don't even bother

1st) this phone is from 2016 dont expect it to run newer games well if at all on the 1gb ram model it cannot run even the most basic games from 2020 im not talking heavy games i'm talking games you'd expect to run on every phone such as snakes.io (verry laggy) (NOTE!!!----slitherio plays quite well---NOTE!!!!) and HELIX JUMP (laggiest i've ever seen on a phone) the games that wont run well are mainly the games on playstore created by Voodoo and similar companies

2nd) you might notice lag on your browser so i'd suggest getting a lightweight one

3rd) DO NOT!!!! I repeat DO NOT!!! update your 1gb moto g4 play to android 7 keep it at android 6 if possible is my advice thats all i say you cannot revert it back and you might regret it i might be wrong on the speed level as i only had it on android for one day but if i could do it again i would not update

4th)battery life to me personally i expected it to not last ages but it is actually not too bad i dont use it too much and have only been charging it (trying to 30% to 80% as i heard it was good for battery life span probably no point in this however as it has a removable battery but i will probably get 5 hours on screen time make sure you turn off adaptive brightness and i always keep the phone screen low brightness anyway thats not the point the point is it is enough for me i would class myself as a casual user though.

5th) not sure if its the glass scree protector helping but this phone is super responsive which i like for te basic tasks whatsapp microsoft teams etc all work great on this device they are responsive expect to wait at least 3 seconds to open these apps though im not to bothered about that when youtuber say 1 second response in their videos i think it doesn't matter to me excessive waiting i would say is 5 seconds + for heavy apps and 3 for lighter apps .

6th) the phone is not rubbish in all honesty if i had bought the 2gb model all these factors would be thrown in the bin in my opinion so my advice is in 2020 unless a phone has android go or android 5 and below do not buy it with 1gb of ram

7th) the camera i like the camera i think its good as for people who complain about autofocus i really dont care people do realise that you can just touch on the screen where you want the camera to focus and its almost instantaneous its like automatic doors opening its slower i could do it faster but more convenient.

should you buy this in 2021 my plain answer from buying a new. white. box sealed 1gb ram model i would say not if you like your games but if you only want a basic phone as i said for social media with a fairly good camera in my opinon good responsiveness and long term realiablity i would say yes go ahead but consider first if you can get the moto e3 power as it is 100% garunteed to come with 2gb ram and doesn't update to android 7 that is what i would do if i could in 2021 however if you can get the 2gb model on moto g4 play 100% should be fine. i never wanted to update the phone but it kept popping up on the screen however if you get the e3 play you wont have to update it

• Mr.man

xt1609 it can't be rooted, they said we did not made it to be rooted(or unlock boot loader)... even after warranty is ended. looks like i have purchased a shittt, if we own a mobile then it must be under our control(which is impossible without unlocking boot loader, rooting)

• pissed off

biggest load of crap EVER keep resetting itself, phone will not ring I have tried EVERYTING i just reset itself to default or turns things like ringing off & brightness off. POS phone DO NOT BUY

soomro, 20 Sep 2020old phone r good but their battery backup is very short you... moreWhy not ... Nowadays, I charge 3 times a day ... reason is , screen always on with hotspot and internet active.... Using for online classes can get upto 5 hr display time....But still the original battery is great.... Haven't changed in this 3+ years.....I also can get a full day charge....if I used only for calls, random whatsapping and snapping....2800 maH is doing its perfect job

I got this through Amazon prime, so it was about 100 bucks after my IPhone 6 suddenly died for good. It honestly was pretty good for the price point. I really loved the size and it was pretty fluid in functionality.

• soomro

Anonymous, 14 Sep 2020Nowadays phones are fast .....fast processor, fast charging... moreold phone r good but their battery backup is very short you have to charge it twice a day

Nowadays phones are fast .....fast processor, fast charging, fast network adapter, fast 90/120Hz display, fast Cameras...and also they hide a main thing from customer is .....PHONES LIFE ALSO TOO FAST.... But old phones are not like that.....They are made for excellence....Still those Good old souls are living like my Motorola G4 play....... That may be G9 plus or one plus 9, just go and settle somewhere.....Here is where quality lives not quantity....G4 play ♥️

• John

Hanifishaq, 13 Jun 2020I agree bro best mobile Yeah...Bro ...Now its three years😍😍 ... Feel like never gonna change this Beast..... Can't compare this phone with today's fake quality phones even Moto's.....Most of the brands ruined the quality of their phones.... Don't sell such old phones like G,G2,G3,G4 variants...... Because you are not going to get that quality in recent Phones....2020 phones are like use and throw....

Anonymous, 08 Sep 2020Is a Moto G4 Play suitable for tethering when leaving it pl... moreMight be battery being too old. Still for a safe practise, don't keep it plugged too often. Have an app that notifies you when the charge reaches 80 - 90%, and also when it falls to 20%. It's just a matter of turning on/off the switch.

Is a Moto G4 Play suitable for tethering when leaving it plugged into the mains or does this cause battery problems?

I've had a Moto G4 Play for about 4 years, but recently I noticed the back cover of the phone was sticking out. When I removed the back cover, I could see that the battery had swelled up and become bigger. From what I've read, phones have a charging circuit that prevents the battery from being overchaged. So is this just a case of the battery has become old and not due to leaving the phone plugged in?

vtptt-2017, 03 Sep 2020For a budget phone that was released over four years ago in... moreOne more thing to add. Gaming is okay for the phone. With 2Gb ram I can easily play Need For Speed: Most Wanted without any lag.

For a budget phone that was released over four years ago in 2016, it is still being used by me for daily tasks (almost using it like a laptop). Performance is still top notch. Hardly any lagging (considering that I regularly clear any excess cache and ram). Also, love that option of removing the battery with a new one if it goes bad. Fast charging is always there..
I personally have two of them, one in Marshmallow and the other in Nougat. I will keep using this device indefinitely until it really starts to lag.. :)

JFLY64, 15 Jul 2020I have owned this phone for a few years now. It's pret... moreHow do I unlock the pin?

• JFLY64

I have owned this phone for a few years now. It's pretty much unbreakable. Had to replace the battery once. However, my phone service provider recently upgraded their service and now my phone is incompatible. Sooooo disappointed because I really love this phone!

• Sarim

hello,i personally own this phone n i m using it from 3 years and this is the best phone under 30,000 pkr..i literally love this phone

• Hanifishaq

Anonymous, 12 Nov 2019Really awesome Mobile...I bought this phone two years back.... moreI agree bro best mobile

• Joms

Tom, 05 Feb 2020No, it doesn't support 4G+ (2CA) Update it and see the magic 4g

• Grim79a

Anonymous, 02 Dec 2019Does the Moto G4 Play have 4G+ if the network supports it?I own this phone, and on Verizon Wireless I have 4g LTE.