Motorola Moto G (2nd gen)

Motorola Moto G (2nd gen)

ANAND, 25 Oct 2019In this phone 1G OR 2G OR 3G Which one available4g

this was my replacement device when my nexus 4 broke, i never thought it'd satisfy my needs
but it did, very well even
if not for a new contract i wouldve used it much longer

• BelgianOperator

ANAND, 25 Oct 2019In this phone 1G OR 2G OR 3G Which one availableHi, this phone comes with 3G, but you can pay a bit more to get the 4G model, which comes with an upgraded 2390 mah battery

• ANAND

In this phone 1G OR 2G OR 3G Which one available

• Belle

Anonymous, 03 Feb 2019Its a good phone every features is well but i have a problem in ... moreI caanot find the file manager

• kashii

4G work In 2nd generation ... But How to Use google play in it... it drops many times but it screen is unbreakable now

• michael

apurv, 22 Jun 2019can we use 4g sim on this phone?4g won't work in Moto G (2nd gen)

• Bigben99

Spook, 19 Jan 2019Explain to me how a non replaceable battery can be replaced. T... moreYes you can replace the battery, but here in New Zealand you can only get cheap OEM batteries as you can't import a branded battery, have a look on YouTube

After 3 and a half years mi little Moto G2 finally black screened today. It lasted multiple drops, OS updates and even a USB port exchange. This phone holds a very special place in my heart because it was always reliable, had a good camera and streamed video in 720p. Around 6 months ago, the battery started to die at 30%, a week ago it died at 60%, and today it just shows a black screen whenever i turn it on. However, it was worth every cent and I just wish i could give it a proper goodbye. A tough, resiliant and always handy phone.

• apurv

can we use 4g sim on this phone?

• Hasan

Hey guys.... So I've been using Moto G2 for about 8 months now.... And I haven't seen any issues on the battery performance....and the camera is quite awesome upto the price range of this phone... It's been worth while using this phone
The only issue I have is that... With its storage capacity and RAM... I mean it's really low the capacity of RAM

Overall the phone holding up pretty good...
Good to be a happy customer with Motorola *Before Lenovo bought it*

• Sanju

Nice phone for me

Its 2019 this Motorola Moto G (2nd gen) still works as my backup phone. With LineageOS installed, still getting good battery results and performance. Fine for my basic tasks while away.

• Dinu

Is it compatible with ulta dual128 gb usb 3.o pendrive?

• carvalho

Anonymous, 03 Feb 2019Its a good phone every features is well but i have a problem in ... moreI use the ES File Explorer

Spook, 19 Jan 2019Explain to me how a non replaceable battery can be replaced. T... moreUpgrade to LineageOS (Pie) and your battery life will improve.

DavidBelgium, 18 Jan 2019Hello I still own my Moto G2 since i bought it in April 2015 an... moreI absolutely agree, this is probably one of the best phones out there that are still being updated with ROM's on XDA and really good ones like Lineage OS 16 ffs. It's a fkin 5 year old ANDROID PHONE with 1 GB of RAM. Only apple does this kind of support nowadays.

Its a good phone every features is well but i have a problem in finding the option of file manager in which my all documents pic or all things are save.
Can any body help me? ??

• Spook

Wolfie, 03 May 2018Mines still going strong.. and the non replaceable battery was v... moreExplain to me how a non replaceable battery can be replaced. The reason I ask is that my phone is 1 week old and the battery sucks. By mid afternoon today it was down to 40%. Is there a secret?

• DavidBelgium

Throwaway, 06 Jan 2019Terrible phone. 2/10 barely works half the time and support for ... moreHello
I still own my Moto G2 since i bought it in April 2015 and i don't have any problems like you describe..
Official support is dead (well it's getting closer to being a 5 year old phone) but the aftermarket support is still good.
You should look on XDA Developers for custom roms/kernels.. I use the Lineage OS 16 (based on android 9.0) and it's working fine. (i did enable a low_ram_enabler for android).

The Snapdragon 400 isn't fast anymore but still usable for basic tasks..

So i would suggest, try rooting your device and install a custom kernel+rom and see if it's still crashing frequently