Motorola Moto G (3rd gen)

Motorola Moto G (3rd gen)

DieselToe, 28 May 2020Bought one, late 2015. Used and abused it (unintentionally ... moreTrue

Baz, 28 May 2020What I want to know is if it should work with a 4G SIM card... moreIt does work with a 4G sim

• Baz

What I want to know is if it should work with a 4G SIM card It doesn't seem to.

• DieselToe

Still works fine but for me the chop chop flashlight is the defining factor in keeping this phone for this long, easily the best feature put on a phone.. ever.

• DieselToe

Bought one, late 2015. Used and abused it (unintentionally of course) till now. Thing won't die..

My husband and I both have this phone and occassionally it will not receive calls, just goes straight to voicemail without ever ringing.

• Jonnie

Nie Mateusz, 01 Apr 2020This might be the best mobile phone in the world. If you di... more"best mobile phone" doesnt really explain much at all about the phone.
I have owned this phone (with 2GB ram) for 3 to 4 years, and it has worked well, reliably, good battery life, some unique functions (eg "hand gesture" shaking the phone to turn on Led light). However the screen (despite using Gorilla Glass), is of poor quality; faded colour, fatigues the eyes, and is harder to tap fine points on the the screen (eg inerting point in a text message) compared to a smaller HTC older phone with a smaller screen...

This might be the best mobile phone in the world. If you disagree with me, then your opinion is irrelevant.

• Tatero

Murray Snudge, 14 Mar 2020I bought a G3 in 2015 and it still works ok although I now ... moreDo you know if this phone is MHL compatible? I realize this may be an esoteric question.

• Murray Snudge

I bought a G3 in 2015 and it still works ok although I now use it as a spare phone mainly using it as a sat-nav running copilot. It may only have 1GB RAM and has limited storage but as a phone it works very well and being waterproof so I use it on motorbike as a sat-nav. Build quality is excellent so was very good value for money.

Recently updated it to unofficial Lineage 17. It's working butter smooth.
However, few problems do persist, like LTE connectivity and all.

Overall it's good. May continue with this one for another year as my work phone.

My wife just replaced hers. Reasons: constantly running out of storage, battery was going out, and calls were dropping.

• Sekhar

Since I'm using Jan 2016 .Low speaker from starting..Camera is good .. Battery is main drawback for 1yr usage it see 12hrs per day..Now it's 3hrs ...

• JP

Been using the phone since January 2016, but I'm looking to upgrade in the next 6-12 months. Probably will get an international Moto G7 or the BLU/Bold N1. I'm just waiting for decent pricing as I'm a canuck.

• SANKAR SANJEEV KUMAR

I have use 4 years.
minus points:
1. not battery power. very worst battery level.
2. not available a file manager.
3. service centers is not a moto only any other brands including adopted. service point is nothing user friendly.
4. not available original spares.
5. many useless applications default enabled a phone without un-install.
6. minute things is not clear capture in a camera..
7. back side moto brand name is covered in a 75% back panel so i can't use my own photo back cover.
8. earphone is very worst. i am use this 4 years samsung guru earphone only. moto earphone is through in the dustbin.
9. phone book option is very low operation compare to other brands.
10.charger wire is very small length.

• Volts

I have it 4 years. Yes it starts do get old. And i have the smaller version. Just because bigger 2/16 was not available in my country. Best phone i had to this point.
Battery life is amazing and camera is also good, shake for flashlight option is handy and its waterproof!
Android upgrade to 6.0 was not best idea. Now speaker connection is faulty so sometimes ja must press my phone that it will start make sound again. And it starts to be laggy. I'm looking for new phones but have not find something good as this.

my phone is not able to install an app and it does not have file manager

Got one of these for free today, sadly the screen doesn't function at all. The back is a light blue and purple color, almost like arizona tea or vaporwave colors. It looks cool

• Manoj

Adi, 09 Jul 2019I bought this phone around September 2015. Now in 2019, I f... morePlease format your phone.

• Maboj

ashokbz, 29 Jun 2019i have this phone last 4yrs.i love moto ,still 2gb ram is e... moreI have been using this phone since 5year