Motorola Nexus 6

Motorola Nexus 6

• hexatope

John, 29 Jan 2020Where did you get battery of Nexus 6Search Ebay or aliexpress, or take it to a phone repair shop like ubreak or CPR. replacing the batteries on these phones isn't super easy and you can break a ribbon cable pretty easily if you don't know what you're doing.

• John

sh2si, 13 Jan 2020It's just because of battery life! after 5 years, you should cha... moreWhere did you get battery of Nexus 6

Bisri, 08 Jan 2020It shuts down automatically if the battery percent reaches 10 an... moreIt's just because of battery life! after 5 years, you should change your battery.
I had same problems. It shutted down suddenly in 25% or less, middle of gaming or when it was ringing!
I replaced the battery and everything is OK! Of course nothing acts like original and after 4 months I feel this new one is going weak too.

• Bisri

It shuts down automatically if the battery percent reaches 10 and less and more when it rings..

• Vijayakumar.T

The device automatically shutdown in several time

Dima, 17 Sep 2019Hey on a bit of a budget here. I just want a phone for watching ... moreIf your priority is just watching youtube videos, go for Nexus 6 for Amoled display and bigger screen/design.

Regarding other features, LG V20 is good.

• Shaun

Dima, 17 Sep 2019Hey on a bit of a budget here. I just want a phone for watching ... moreDefinitely get the V20. Better phone overall in terms of build quality, camera and processor, not to mention it charges via Type-C and not the old, outdated microUSB.

fahim, 16 Sep 2019Very good phone. I only have issues with the speakers. The volum... moreIt's battery problem replace the battery problem is fix

• Dima

Hey on a bit of a budget here. I just want a phone for watching Youtube. Should I get the Nexus 6 or the Lg V20?

• fahim

Very good phone. I only have issues with the speakers. The volume reduces itself while playing music. Pls I need help on this. Thanks

Still running buttery smooth with Android 9 Custom Rom, reduced Display Resolution & Customized Kernel values
Waiting for Android 10 Custom Rom :)

Anonymous, 02 Jul 2019I went from the 5.94 inch Nexus 6 to the 6.4 inch Galaxy S10 Plu... moreI Totally Agree, friend. This N6 screen is great, but REALLY GREAT. I have not seen so good display since Nexus 6, and the speakers are amazing. It has a better sound than N6P o N5X.

And I love the design, this is original in its kind and impossible to confuse to any other phone.

just_replying, 27 Jul 2019Just check the video on Nexus 6P from JerryRigEverything and you... moreThis is not all true. I had this phone and it's a very good phone from Huawei. Jerry pressed in the middle of Power button and Volume button, that zone is weak because of the buttons are too close. But I tried to blend it in all other places of the body an it was strong.

Anyways, Nexus 6P has a better camera than iPhone 6/7 and stereo front firing speakers, good battery. Overall, a good Frankenstein hahaha.

elleanor, 22 Jul 2019Absolutely the worst phone i have ever owned. Dies immediately, ... moreI loved this phone in its day. It had unique design, and a great, wide screen, plus some weight into it, so it felt sturdy too.

• just_replying

iwanindra, 19 Jan 2019which one better.? motorola nexus 6 or huawei nexus 6Just check the video on Nexus 6P from JerryRigEverything and you'll realize how bad and low level build quality Nexus 6P has. Google should have partnered with Motorola again to make Nexus 6P

elleanor, 22 Jul 2019Absolutely the worst phone i have ever owned. Dies immediately, ... moreSorry but I don't agree with you.
- I have a used one which is running smoothly on Android 9 custom rom. No issue with taking Pic or Videos, Amazing display, stereo sound, Nice battery backup from such a old phone (Didn't even replace the battery)
- Also able to overclock and increase performance using Kernel mods (At the expense of battery and Heat)

Only issue I faced is with sim card tray. Need to keep pressing for some time to get it inside.

I guess either your Battery needs to be replaced or some issue with Hardware/Software.

• elleanor

Absolutely the worst phone i have ever owned. Dies immediately, often refuses to charge once dead (for no discernible reason), can't perform basic tasks like taking photos, constantly crashes and the screen breaks easily. I spend probably 10-15 minutes every day of my life waiting for the touch screen to catch up with my typing. It ALWAYS takes me upwards of 30 seconds to load the camera screen and take a picture, often several minutes. It also CANNOT do videos under any circumstances. Absolutely terrible, do not buy, this temperamental phone will test your patience

• Arix

fmiplmmbr, 16 Jan 2019How do you root your device?Search for NexusRootToolKit.

• Arix

belalovic, 16 Jul 2019After more than 3.5 yrs of usage, I'm still enjoying this beast ... moreI had my Shamu for 4 years. To this day it is still a great phone (running LOS16).
Just got 1+ 7 Pro last week with 12GB config and I would say that it does worth the upgrade.
The main issue with Shamu on LOS16 is RAM management and GPU drivers which are not made for Android 9.
BTW, 1+ 7 Pro while playing PUBG used just over 7GB of RAM! So I do recommend the 12GB config if you could find it for the price of the base model.

After more than 3.5 yrs of usage, I'm still enjoying this beast with Android 9 with latest security patch of this July.
I was thinking of an upgrade but truly I couldn't find a phone which I can call it a big step forward.
I have OP7 pro in my mind along with past year's Note9, most other phones have either an ugly notch, or missing a feature that I want like like Stereo speakers or Amoled display or even overpriced... So I finally decided to wait till next year.
This Nexus is doing a great job so far except for the battery which I have to charge it twice a day unfortunately.