Motorola RAZR2 V8 review: New edge to RAZR
New edge to RAZR
After three long years of waiting we face the RAZR V3 successor: the slim and refined Motorola RAZR2 V8. Sporting a full metal jacket with gradating hues of dark pearl gray, the RAZR2 V8 is made to impress. With two high-quality displays with QVGA resolution, plus quad-band GSM support, two megapixel camera and stereo Bluetooth, it’s a handset that delivers functionality besides style. As we're writing this review, the top-of-the-bill RAZR2 V8 Luxury edition is on its way to the shelves too, with a gold-plated body and soft snake-skin-like back for those who like their calls with a pinch of exotic glamour. Join us on this review as we discover what the Motorola RAZR2 V8 is all about.
- Quality metal casing and appealing design
- Really thin, measuring 11.9 mm in thickness
- Large internal and external displays, touch-sensitive keys on the outer display
- CrystalTalk for excellent voice quality
- Talking Phone with SMS and Email readout
- Quad band with EDGE Class 12
- Ample-to-abundant onboard memory: 420 MB or 2 GB
- 2 megapixel camera with video recording
- A lot of useful extra applications
- Full Exchange server synchronization
- Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP support
- Very good Opera 8.5 browser pre-installed
- No 3G support
- No memory card slot
- No brightness settings for the external display
- The handset is easy to slip off the hands
- Large size when opened
Motorola RAZR2 V8 has a truly graceful silhouette, but the 11.9 mm of thickness get to be appreciated even more considering the clamshell form factor. Clean shape and rounded edges make the slim handset look solid, yet elegant. It does manage to impress at first sight, but more on that after the jump.
Just bought a v8 well impressed,but how the hell do you get outlook e.mail set up,and i cant get the browser to work for long, instuctions are crap, tried 10 forums no joy,tried moto website and outlook read dozens of reviews and utube vids ! No jo...
- 02 Jan 2016
Can anyone give me the set by set & screen shot by screen shot to copy my contacts and pictures to my sim card? I dropped my phone and it broke in half. The phone still works but no visual on the flip part
- 14 Mar 2011
- anything just ans my
moto what a name. there r several complaints about this phone. why does the side key do not work in game?
- 07 Mar 2011