Motorola Razr 5G

Motorola Razr 5G

Just got a Razr 5G for $499.99 and I'm obsessed with it after only 4 hours. This was the droid I was really looking for. I now own the two best foldable flip phones in the market. Razr will be my daily driver. I think it's already my favorite. It really looks better than my Flip 3. Easier to hold thanks to the curves and being a tad thinner when closed.

My more expensive Flip 3 becomes kinda like a Surface Duo. More of the media consumption device since Flex mode is so useful for watching vids and playing emus. Razr doesn't need to open up to do stuff. It can remain compact thanks to the bigger and far more useful cover display.

Don't listen to the reviews. Try it yourself. To me, Razr 5G is awesome!!! It feels like 2004 to me again. The year I bought a Game Boy Advance SP, GameCube, and carried two flip phones. Now both my current phones can play GBA and GC games easily. Will never go back to a slab ever again. Flip phones only for me for now on.

Anonymous, 10 Aug 2021I think they want to, but it´s still really expensive to do... moreNext year. prefer they take longer and introduce a proper model.

I´ll wait, i´m happy with my Moto Edge

• MrQuackersHD

Anonymous, 12 Jul 2021I really want to love this phone because I love the Razr li... moreI've had no issues with my screen looking like crap and my battery gets me through most of the day on average use with about 19 percent left in the tank before I top it off. It's a bigger battery than let's say, the iphone 12 mini. Have you actually tried the Razr 5G? I'm using it right now and it's actually a very good phone. Yes it needs some improvement, but I'm looking forward to where it goes from here. I prefer this form factor over the z flip.

Anonymous, 07 Aug 2021I really hope they can improve on this phone, It's sti... moreI think they want to, but it´s still really expensive to do it, and people aren´t that much to spend 1500€ on a clamshell.

They are still to fragile and very limited to instroduce new tech. Haven´t heard a word from Motorola this year about a new RAZR, which demonstrates that this is still an early concept

I really hope they can improve on this phone, It's still my favorite concept so far!

Anonymous, 12 Jul 2021I really want to love this phone because I love the Razr li... moreHave you tried one ?

I really want to love this phone because I love the Razr line but...the screen quality is crap, the battery life is crap, basically everything that makes a phone good is lacking here. sadly, motorola needs to get with the times because i really did like motorola back then. even now, when the cellphone division has been sold to the chinese, i still miss it. oh well.

I wonder if this phone does have video output support like the Edge+ since it has USB-C 3.1 port according to the spec sheet. If it does have such support, Ready For Desktop Mode from this phone is an enticing prospect to be explored.

• Treky

I don't own the phone but I had a chance to have it with me for 1 week and just have fun with it and test it as much as I wanted. I'm 35 years old so I did have flip phones, and phones with all the physical keys and twist phones with antenas and without antenas and this made me remember how much joy you get when you hang up with a flip of a phone. But since it doesn't have that shinny metal circle in the middle as it did with physical keys...it's pretty much the same as all other phones (it has to be, phones evolved to better suit our more modern needs) albeit being strong in it's specs.

• Onk

Wow its good phones

Still no full review

My next phone definitely will be a flip phone...I'm so bored with the ubiquitous slab phones...should I get this for 1k (thru T-mobile) or wait for the next generation Razr?

• Peace

Still prefer it made by the real Motorola but not Lenovo.

One of the few products that when you look at it you know it´s desirable.

No other product available deserves such credit for this.

Looking forward for next Razr generations

I started from Ericsson and Panasonic in 2000, I had many premium phones and can say, motorola deserve a chance for reasonable price of course. I decided to get it and not regret, for now. I convince operator agent to give me 160£ drop price and get freebies worth more than 300£, tablet full HD, noise cancelling headphones and etui for razr 5g. After week of using moto razr 5g, can say it's really fresh and nice look, definitely premium build. Cosy in palm, first and second screen marvelous for me, no issues so far, battery really great, I'm power user and have SOT like 6 hours. Camera really good,speaker play good and loud but is mono, so dont expect miracle. My previous phones was xperia 1, black shark 2 and xz3, xz2 premium. Previous last my moto was moto z2 force, stil working . It's my best phone ever for sure. Recomended

AnonD-973296, 02 Feb 2021i personally think it is. the battery, yes, maybe a bit sma... more$999 on T-Mobile

• Joeiy

very expensive and yet battery is 2800mAh very low..

Need to be a bit cheaper with a better camera sensor and mooooore battery please!!!!!!!!

TechGeek, 02 Jan 2021For £1000/$1000 it is not worth it. I have seen the exact s... morei personally think it is. the battery, yes, maybe a bit small but then again it is not powering any power hungry specs and its a folding screen... if the price was in the neighborhood of $999-$1199, then that would be much better

TechGeek, 02 Jan 2021For £1000/$1000 it is not worth it. I have seen the exact s... moreSame here...Or at least cheaper prices.....1499€ is just way to much